B & B in Paisley

Reatham Saint

6 hours ago, Reatham Saint said:

I have recently experienced the best and the absolute worst.  As the new season approaches, grateful any suggestions (or offers).

Do you mean Hotels or B+B's?

He's alive!  I thought you'd been called back up to active spy duties Dougie ;-)

Can't help you with Paisley B&B's I'm afraid as I stay with my folks when I'm up, but the F3K is a mere Tube journey away.... 

Not a lot of B+B in Paisley.

Ardgowan Guest House.....Renfrew Rd.

Stables....Corsebar Dr.

Drysdale Guest House......Inchinnan Rd.

Acer House......This is more the style of Scotscraig and will be rather expensive.

And that's about it.

The Scotia Hotel......New Sneddon St does some no bad B+B deals.

Not a lot of B+B in Paisley.
Ardgowan Guest House.....Renfrew Rd.
Stables....Corsebar Dr.
Drysdale Guest House......Inchinnan Rd.
Acer House......This is more the style of Scotscraig and will be rather expensive.
And that's about it.
The Scotia Hotel......New Sneddon St does some no bad B+B deals.

Ardgowan is a dive - avoid - damp foisty rooms / falling apart furniture/ windows that either won't open or close

The Scotia is one my son uses often & is good according to him

Watermill is great for location but unless its changed in last year ? Not that great , but for one night is ok

2 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

My older brother stayed there a couple of years ago when he was up for a funeral and the rooms were quite shabby , but could have been upgraded since then.

It's not been upgraded yet but one is due,and much needed,in the near future.

Edited by HSS

Interesting range of opinions. I've stayed in the Ardgowan several times this year, and it has been excellent.  In the Watermill, the shower didnae work, and the barman wasn't allowed to serve me a triple whisky - he got me a double and a single instead.  

And nobody has mentioned the worst guesthouse in the history of world tourism.  

I'll tell all in the F3K - or the Bank House, or maybe in the Wee Howff.

Have stayed in a few for mid week games for me it's a bed as long as it's clean. Abbey Inn ok accommodation good bar and good grub average price £50. Scotia, walking distance from the town, very clean and helpful staff. Only now and then for the £50 Mark. On my train line and very central the Waterfront in Greenock £31 most times going up to £36.00. The odd time stay in Glasgow if deals are on.