St Mirren V Airdrie - Third Place Decider

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Can't see there being many in attendance today , but everyone that turns up could be affectively helping to bring in some new faces before the Falkirk game next week . Every penny helps .

A victory today and a decent performance will lift the confidence of the support, hopefully, and the players.

Seems there will be no new players until we offload some of the current squad which makes is difficult to get who we really want or need.

On the train to Johnstone for a couple of 'old yin' visits with the wee man before the game.

I've accepted the terrible result from last week (and the subsequent hammering of my Paddy Power account) and am now looking forward to what needs to be a redemptive victory with a good few goals.

I think he should keep most of the team from last week except for bringing in Stelios and O'Keefe.

Stewart should get another run out in goals to see how he'll do against more regular opposition.

Looking for McGinn to take the game by the scruff of the neck today.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A victory today and a decent performance will lift the confidence of the support, hopefully, and the players.

Seems there will be no new players until we offload some of the current squad which makes is difficult to get who we really want or need.

Yeah , was reading that . A bit surprised tbh that the whole budget seems to be gone . The players that are rumoured to be surplus to requirements will probably be in no hurry to move on . 

3 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

On the train to Johnstone for a couple of 'old yin' visits with the wee man before the game.

I've accepted the terrible result from last week (and the subsequent hammering of my Paddy Power account) and am now looking forward to what needs to be a redemptive victory with a good few goals.

I think he should keep most of the team from last week except for bringing in Stelios and O'Keefe.

Stewart should get another run out in goals to see how he'll do against more regular opposition.

Looking for McGinn to take the game by the scruff of the neck today.

Hope you're behaving yourself on the train .

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, ditto.

Must have spent it on the flippin wall. :rolleyes:

But but but but 

It is a damn pretty Wall. 

Cannae see any opposition players bend a ball round that. 

SIGN THE WALL 

1 minute ago, Saint Garf said:

O'Keefe not even on the bench? Is he injured?

Given that he's one of the few players that has played quite well recently, you'd have to imagine that would be the case.

Either that or we've sold him for a few £100K this morning.:rolleyes:

Happy with that. Sutton deserves a start, and it will be interesting to see how well he links up with Reilly.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how they both do.

I'm not sure Sutton is the answer right enough, don't think he's even touched the ball when he's come on in the past 2 games, but agreed he deserves a start.

Typical pretty match weather in Paisley. A passing downpou!  Hope it is raining goals for Saints today. Looking at the team selection there is a balance to the team. Agree that young O'Keefe being omitted from the group is surprising but trust JR to make the right call. COYS.