St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship. 5/8/17

shull

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

In fairness they SHOULD have been 2 up and COULD have been 3 up before we decided to TURN up!

Once we stopped letting them dictate play it all changed but in fairness, I reckon they were so far ahead of us in the first 25 minutes that 3 or 4 would not have flattered them.

Taking the positive..
That makes our turn around and deserved win all the more sweet..
and impressive!

Disagree mate. IMHO Falkirk were clearly better at the start, but for all their space in midfield and posession - I don't think they were peppering our goal with close shaves or looked remotely like going two, three or four up. Just my opinion!

Just watched JR's post match interview on YouTube, then watched this one from Peter Houston. Not sure what game he was at but insists Falkirk should have been four up?

Just watched it.

For once I actually agreed with everything he said.

I thought it was a very fair and honest assesment.

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

FT 3-1

Woof, there you go. Excellent second half performance and a well deserved win. Falkirk completely vanished after a very dominant first 25 minutes.

Our second goal was a howler by the Falkirk keeper. Nothing cross and he's flapped it straight to Cammy Smith's feet for a tap in. Our third was an excellent goal on the left foot by Reilly, who played superbly.

Also credit to Samson. He was at fault for the first goal but made two or three great saves at key moments when we were 1 down and when 2-1 up.

Thought Jack Ross got his tactics spot on today too. Was a big shout to go with 2 upfront but it worked, and switching Morgan and Smith early on created havoc with some dodgy Falkirk full backs.

Going to win the league...?

Aye, we can win the League.

A horrific start to the Match

Turned around due to a Jack Ross masterclass

Absolutely wonderful performance by the Super Saints.

We will blow Morton away next week.

Not to going to easy to win Title, but I have confidence we can.

Wasn't at the game but most pleasing thing for me is seeing Sutton playing and getting some plaudits. I was beginning to think he was being a bit marginalised and wasn't in JR's plans, so hope he's back in contention. He's a cracking, honest player who is always likely to pop up with a goal.

What  can I say that hasn't already been said? Nothing. So let me agree with what others have said. Poor start and yes could have been two down but that didn't happen. Instead we matched and ultimately, on the day out fought and out played what we know to be a very decent Falkirk Team. Well done The Players and Managerial staff. 3 points in the bag. ........how long did it take us to get a home win last season anyone?  Happy. You bet.

58 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Just watched JR's post match interview on YouTube, then watched this one from Peter Houston. Not sure what game he was at but insists Falkirk should have been four up?

Do any opposition Managers give us credit when we hump them ? :lol:

Houston like Totten mark two.

Falkirk fans were brilliant on Glasgow Edinburgh Train. Had a good laugh. Jambos weren't very happy either but after a rousing chorus of the hibees are gay we all went home happy but I'm sure I had the biggest smile. COYS. First win on first game not the season for ages. In Jack we trust. We're still in it. Almost home I'll sleep well tonight

16 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I believe this is a more honest summary.

4 minutes 4 seconds

Well done to him.

That's the longest time he has ever stayed on his feet.

Another one who loves to fall down with nobody near him.

That was a great win today. We didn't even play anywhere near our best and still ran out fairly comfortable winners after a shakey first 20/30 mins.

Everyone in a saints top played their part in a good win without any one player playing to their full potential plus a few key players still to return and more signings likely in the next few weeks. It is encouraging as Falkirk are going to finish in the top 4 and to be beat them is great.

The disappointing results and performances in a few pre season games may actually be a massive blessing in disguise. A wake up call for fans and players alike.

Plenty to be quietly confident about tonight as not many sides will beat a good Falkirk team 3-1 in the league this season when not playing to their full potential.

There will be some travelling support at Cappielow next week.

Bring it on!

10 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I think you're mistaking Nathan Austin for Myles Hippolyte.

No, there were four of them at it today. I've already mentioned Hippo in earlier posts tonight.

The Four Cheats

Austin

Loy 

Miller

Hippolyte

Falkirk really are a horrible Club 

Goes right back to the Totten days.

Sad

No, there were four of them at it today. I've already mentioned Hippo in earlier posts tonight.
The Four Cheats
Austin
Loy 
Miller
Hippolyte
Falkirk really are a horrible Club 
Goes right back to the Totten days.
Sad

I don't recall Loy or Austin taking a dive today. Hippolyte did for sure, that's part of his game unfortunately.

Bloody brilliant today.
Sutton supetb, Reilly excellent on left wing, Smith great through middle.
Special mention to Samson. After first minute howler, made a great one on one save. If Falkirk had gone 2 up it was game over.
Top atmosphere from fans too, well done the flags and drums lads.
North Bank has to stay black and white only for ever.

First 20 min was worrying then snap everything fell into place. I thought we were brilliant what a transformation. Was with two neutrals who were very impressed with us they came away and told me they really enjoyed it. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Just watched it.

For once I actually agreed with everything he said.

I thought it was a very fair and honest assesment.

WGAF what he has to say, I'm not even going to watch it. 

It's all about us tonight. 

2 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

The highlight is Paisley's finest seagull pishing itself at 13 seconds.