Davie Longwell

8 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Was down at the stadium today and bumped into Davie Longwells Dad who I know from the u20s games. He's was telling me that Davie has left Orlando and signed a 7 year deal with New York Red Bulls to manage their Academy. Good luck to him.

Fantastic stuff. All the best to him.

29 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Was down at the stadium today and bumped into Davie Longwells Dad who I know from the u20s games. He's was telling me that Davie has left Orlando and signed a 7 year deal with New York Red Bulls to manage their Academy. Good luck to him.

Amazing stuff, what a move that is. 

Do we have a sell on clause?

David Longwell is a great guy. Anyone who has spent time in his company will have seen his passion for football and coaching. I don't know him that well at all but met a number of times over the years and he was a brilliant guy who was immensely committed to doing the best for our great club and deserves all the success he is currently experiencing.

Well done David and I wish you all the best in your new role and going forward in your career.

A bit like the talents of Stevie Mallan, Kenny McLean, Stephen and John McGinn we were lucky to have them at our great club.

19 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

David Longwell is a great guy. Anyone who has spent time in his company will have seen his passion for football and coaching. I don't know him that well at all but met a number of times over the years and he was a brilliant guy who was immensely committed to doing the best for our great club and deserves all the success he is currently experiencing.

Well done David and I wish you all the best in your new role and going forward in your career.

A bit like the talents of Stevie Mallan, Kenny McLean, Stephen and John McGinn we were lucky to have him at our great club.

Would love to see him back one day as manager . 

A bit like the talents of Stevie Mallan, Kenny McLean, Stephen and John McGinn we were lucky to have them at our great club.

Agree with every word here. Likewise, don't really know him, but met him enough times that we know each other by face and to say hello to through Saints events / activities. He's a great guy, and knows what he's doing. Hope he comes back to the club some day.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

As I said in a previous thread Longwell would be my choice. His coopmmitment to the club is unrivalled, he is an ncredible coach, his record in bringing youth through is outstanding which let's be honest it is an area we will need to heavily rely on  and add to that he was the only member of staff at the club whilst he was there that held a UEFA Pro Licence. I think that if the board to do approach home then they are not doing their job properly