Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
santaponsasaint

Davie Longwell

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Itsybitsy said:

As I said in a previous thread Longwell would be my choice. His coopmmitment to the club is unrivalled, he is an ncredible coach, his record in bringing youth through is outstanding which let's be honest it is an area we will need to heavily rely on  and add to that he was the only member of staff at the club whilst he was there that held a UEFA Pro Licence. I think that if the board to do approach home then they are not doing their job properly

Unfortunately I don't think he wants a return home at this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Itsybitsy said:

As I said in a previous thread Longwell would be my choice. His coopmmitment to the club is unrivalled, he is an ncredible coach, his record in bringing youth through is outstanding which let's be honest it is an area we will need to heavily rely on  and add to that he was the only member of staff at the club whilst he was there that held a UEFA Pro Licence. I think that if the board to do approach home then they are not doing their job properly

Because someone is good in one role doesn't mean they'll automatically be good at an other. Great youth coach, would be a massive risk as manager at this stage. Also don't see him switching the big apple for Paisley anytime soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Because someone is good in one role doesn't mean they'll automatically be good at an other. Great youth coach, would be a massive risk as manager at this stage. Also don't see him switching the big apple for Paisley anytime soon. 

Who in their right mind would. :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Because someone is good in one role doesn't mean they'll automatically be good at an other. Great youth coach, would be a massive risk as manager at this stage. Also don't see him switching the big apple for Paisley anytime soon. 

I  agree that moving from the states will be a big shout and a hard sell however I think his love for the club would swing it in our favour.  I also agree that being good in one role doesn't mean you will be good in another however every single football manager on the planet at one point took charge of their 1st  professional team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Itsybitsy said:

I  agree that moving from the states will be a big shout and a hard sell however I think his love for the club would swing it in our favour.  I also agree that being good in one role doesn't mean you will be good in another however every single football manager on the planet at one point took charge of their 1st  professional team.

Yep but I don't like to think of us as a 1st professional team in many cases. The pros and cons for both just doesn't make it at all possible. 

1. They'll be paying him more than we pay first team managers 

2. Much better quality of life for him and his family

3. The state our team is in right now there's a massive risk that even an experienced manager won't be able to turn it round 

Given all that would you take the risk and the wage cut to leave what he's described as his 'dream job' and a great way of life for Paisley? I wouldn't 

He might be one for the future but this role is not right for him, not by a long-shot

From a St Mirren perspective as well, we really can't afford to get it wrong, GLS needs to take a safer bet for manager, not someone with no real experience in that role. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Glad to see them giving him high praise so the fans know they’ve got a good coach in him.

I presume this was the doing of Brian Caldwell, good move indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...