Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
St.Ricky

Football Fans and Behaviour

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Hendo said:

You are talking shite, Shull.

If I had reported that eejit yesterday to the police or stewards, that would have been likely to cause carnage, especially if they took action, and I would have been viewed by fellow supporters as the villain. The only way to report the matter to the club would be to take his photo, which could lead to more problems. There is a role for fans to self police themselves. We all know that football is an emotive game, but there is a line that can't be crossed, and racist, sexist or homophobic abuse is that line.

The most bizarre thing was when his pal tried to defend his comment was that the use of the word "black" before the word "b*****d" was simply a descriptive term, before saying I must have done something similar at 17, the old "come on we're all racists really" line. The guy who made the comment was about 60 by the way!

LET'S JUST HAVE A MASS BRAWL IN THE MIDDLE OF WOMEN, CHILDREN, ELDERLY AND OTHER INNOCENT ADULTS.

Oops

Sorry, I'm talking keech again

Edited by shull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, shull said:

LET'S JUST HAVE A MASS BRAWL IN THE MIDDLE OF WOMEN, CHILDREN, ELDERLY AND OTHER INNOCENT ADULTS.

Oops

Sorry, I'm talking keech again

Mass brawl? Who is talking about a mass brawl?

I'm talking about the majority of fans joining together to make it clear that racism or other discrimination is unacceptable. Surely that's the best way of changing attitudes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As i said in a previous thread, i pulled up the guy behind me at the Dumbarton game last year for Racist shouts. When i turned round to say my piece i couldn`t believe he was part of a whole family , Maw paw, grandad etc and they had a young lad of about 8-9 y.o sitting with them !!  Incredible. <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Mass brawl? Who is talking about a mass brawl?

I'm talking about the majority of fans joining together to make it clear that racism or other discrimination is unacceptable. Surely that's the best way of changing attitudes?

The Racist might be part of a large Group

Better not causing a riot.

Report to relevant authorities.

Keep The Stadiums Safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shull said:

Rambo is back :lol:

Nobody in their right mind is going to pull up a racist, maybe drunken bigot.

The result could be carnage.

Inform Stewards and Police or the Club the following day and let them deal with it.

Better staying safe than getting involved in a nasty brawl.

NOT SAYING ANYTHING AT THE TIME IS NOT FECKING CONDONING IT.

Lock the door in your Shed and log off.

The moron being caught by the police would have been fair, but I also think it's important that these people know that it's not just the authorities trying to shut them up, they need to know that other fans are disgusted by their behavior and won't tolerate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

As i said in a previous thread, i pulled up the guy behind me at the Dumbarton game last year for Racist shouts. When i turned round to say my piece i couldn`t believe he was part of a whole family , Maw paw, grandad etc and they had a young lad of about 8-9 y.o sitting with them !!  Incredible. <_<

And therein lies the problem, kids being brought up to think behaving like that is ok, which is why we've not moved on in 25 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Hendo said:

And therein lies the problem, kids being brought up to think behaving like that is ok, which is why we've not moved on in 25 years.

And it won't move on if you backed by a group want to take on another group. Made worse with children involved. Neddish behaviour. 

Most Stadiums have seat numbers and CCTV. 

Easy to remedy by yourself and only 1 witness. 

Not worth getting involved with a racist nutter who may well be carrying a weapon. 

Don't try being brave. 

That can be stoopit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, shull said:

And it won't move on if you backed by a group want to take on another group. Made worse with children involved. Neddish behaviour. 

Most Stadiums have seat numbers and CCTV. 

Easy to remedy by yourself and only 1 witness. 

Not worth getting involved with a racist nutter who may well be carrying a weapon. 

Don't try being brave. 

That can be stoopit. 

Much as it pains me to agree with someone who could cause an argument in an empty room; Shull has a point,  and although I see nothing wrong with making it clear (to those who behave in a racist manner be it through what they say ...or do)  that such language or behavior is inappropriate, there is certainly  no point in taking to the stage where it may develop into a 'larger' more immediate physical problem.  As Shull says; find somebody who feels equally outraged and report those at fault.  I do understand this reluctance to be 'not the one who tittle tattles' but really in this day and age we should be beyond that..... and us 'grown ups' who are actually grown up should stand up and DO something about it  other than simply post on here.  Oh and by the way stoopit is spelled stupit.  Some people!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

 


Not all of them since you haven't got yourself on ignore. :)

 

All my Aliases have me on ignore and vice versa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Much as it pains me to agree with someone who could cause an argument in an empty room; Shull has a point,  and although I see nothing wrong with making it clear (to those who behave in a racist manner be it through what they say ...or do)  that such language or behavior is inappropriate, there is certainly  no point in taking to the stage where it may develop into a 'larger' more immediate physical problem.  As Shull says; find somebody who feels equally outraged and report those at fault.  I do understand this reluctance to be 'not the one who tittle tattles' but really in this day and age we should be beyond that..... and us 'grown ups' who are actually grown up should stand up and DO something about it  other than simply post on here.  Oh and by the way stoopit is spelled stupit.  Some people!!! 

I feel your pains, Buddie .  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

There is no place for racism at our club. Pitty we could not get these brainless idiots on camara then report it to the club get them banned for life. We the fans need to play our part so well done so well done Hen do. Let's catch these idiots on our phones then report it to the club. 

I hope you follow your own advice since you've been reported for racist posts on this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

 


Your aliases are you, there are a bunch of your aliases, they all have you on ignore, therefore YOU are a bunch of drama queens.

Happy to help. :)

 

They are. 

And vice versa 

Obviously 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I hope you follow your own advice since you've been reported for racist posts on this site.

Was he guilty though ? 

Malicious reporting ? 

I reported our Goalie was not competent. 

Lots begged to differ. 

In fact,... 

Naw, never mind. 

Sorry DJCh   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I for one am astounded that Shull has contrived to make a non-shull related thread all about Shull. 

 

Moi ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I hope you follow your own advice since you've been reported for racist posts on this site.

Oh dear you are hitting the bottom of the barrow. I still stand by my comment you reported me on not being racist. Tell me who was thrown out of our stadium and arrested for racism. For the record I have never been arrested or thrown out a football stadium in 50 years unlike your unreasonable self. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hambud said:


It really doesn't help due to the quote function over riding the ignore function.

I know, leading to tragic consequences, like Drew's Avatar. 

So FFS (see what I done there) 

DINNAE FECKING QUOTE ME ON THAT. 

Drama Queens flooding the Forum presently. :lol:

Edited by shull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oh dear you are hitting the bottom of the barrow. I still stand by my comment you reported me on not being racist. Tell me who was thrown out of our stadium and arrested for racism. For the record I have never been arrested or thrown out a football stadium in 50 years unlike your unreasonable self. 

I have never been arrested for racism.  Clearly you remember my accusation and Div would confirm you were warned.  

You can't pick and choose who you racially abuse.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I have never been arrested for racism.  Clearly you remember my accusation and Div would confirm you were warned.  

You can't pick and choose who you racially abuse.  

In my opinion 

IOBS is the most inoffensive dude on this Forum. 

Were you not bawling non football stuff at St Mirren Park ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I have never been arrested for racism.  Clearly you remember my accusation and Div would confirm you were warned.  

You can't pick and choose who you racially abuse.  

Where did I write I was not warned ? I said I stand by my comment not being racist I also told Div the same and stand by that to my grave , have never been racist in my life. So you are now denying being arrested inside our stadium by the Police for shouting abuse at an Israeli football player because he was Jewish. You dress that up how you want it's racist and you should have a club ban implemented for your bitter bigotry which was racist. Sorry to say to a fellow buds shame on you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...