Hospitality Prices 2017/18

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, div said:

Same answer I gave before Squire, it's just supply and demand.

The demand for the likes of a Morton game is huge. They can only sell circa 200 seats for any game so they price it high to maximise the revenue they take.

The games against the likes of Brechin have lower demand, so they price lower to attract people through the doors.

I get it Div it's a business...but I don't agree with it at all. It's aimed at the business folk anyway and they get VAT free so it's us actual just fans that get hit the hardest. I don't go to hospitality often but when I do I personally think it should be the same price no matter who we are playing, I'm only there to see the St.Murn. Anyhoo between BTB and 1877 club - I'm skint! Noo -is it time for Crappielow yet?????

1 hour ago, Miss Saint said:

I get it Div it's a business...but I don't agree with it at all. It's aimed at the business folk anyway and they get VAT free so it's us actual just fans that get hit the hardest. 

You don't get the VAT free at all. 

You can only reclaim the VAT on hospitality if you're entertaining your own employees.

Even then, this is a benifit in kind and the employee should declare this for their personal tax allowance. 

Claiming VAT on hospitality is a certainty to get flagged up on the company's next VAT inspection. 

Edited by davidg

On 06/08/2017 at 6:04 PM, TPAFKATS said:

Not sure however here's the link to their full price hospitality options
http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/commercial/matchday-hospitality/

On first glance the Falkirk packages appear cheaper, however there is a distinct lack of inclusive bevvy.

I was wondering if it is possible to forego the personal welcome by Alex Totten , surely that part is optional . .

I did hospitality at End End Park for the 1-1 game last season. Think it was around the 50 quid mark. 2 course meal,  pay bar and some half time snacks. 

Food was very good, and overall day was good value but by no means perfect. For example no one told you where to sit,  we were just told to go 'up they stairs and find a seat'. 

One thing I really liked was at the end of hospitality,  they diverted you out through the still open supporters bar. Most hospitality guests probably stayed an extra half an hour at least spending and extra £20 per head. 

What a bright idea eh? Surely we could implement that? 

No club is perfect, and as a one off the hospitality is fine. If you don't like it don't go.

PS We got a pre match talk from John Potter who talked about Jack arguing in the main stand the previous week. He said he knew all about that section and wasn't surprised Jack lost it!

1 hour ago, SaintPaul said:

I did hospitality at End End Park for the 1-1 game last season. Think it was around the 50 quid mark. 2 course meal,  pay bar and some half time snacks. 

Food was very good, and overall day was good value but by no means perfect. For example no one told you where to sit,  we were just told to go 'up they stairs and find a seat'. 

One thing I really liked was at the end of hospitality,  they diverted you out through the still open supporters bar. Most hospitality guests probably stayed an extra half an hour at least spending and extra £20 per head. 

No club is perfect, and as a one off the hospitality is fine. If you don't like it don't go.

PS We got a pre match talk from John Potter who talked about Jack arguing in the main stand the previous week. He said he knew all about that section and wasn't surprised Jack lost it!

Potter got abuse from other sections of the stadium also , sadly some of it was deserved . .

• 7 months later...

Cant be arsed trawling through 7 pages so apologies if this has been asked and answered.   How many does the Hospitality hold on a typical match day

Ive decided to have a wee midweek jaunt to the shirt n tie brigade and i notice that there are still 55 places left to fill. 

Anyone know ?

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Cant be arsed trawling through 7 pages so apologies if this has been asked and answered.   How many does the Hospitality hold on a typical match day

Ive decided to have a wee midweek jaunt to the shirt n tie brigade and i notice that there are still 55 places left to fill. 

Anyone know ?

I'm pretty sure it's 250...maybe 300

On 12/08/2017 at 8:21 AM, SaintPaul said:

You can stay an extra hour or so at our hospitality after the game for a drink or you can go round to the 1877 club which is open to all after the game. 

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, davidg said:

It requests that you're suited and booted, tie included. From my experience you won't get turned away if you don't have one, I'd reckon 90% will have a tie on mate. 

I only get over a couple of times a year for a match and I have always fancied going to hospitality but I refuse to wear a tie to a football match. In fact I only ever wear a tie for weddings and funerals. I started primary school in 1952 and wore a tie every day until I left Camphill in 1964. I went straight into a white collar job and wore a  tie for the rest of my working life. When I realised in 2003 that I would probably never work again, I decided that I'd had enough of wearing ties. I'm a well behaved guy. Honest! But a moron wearing a tie at hospitality might still behave like a moron.

3 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

I only get over a couple of times a year for a match and I have always fancied going to hospitality but I refuse to wear a tie to a football match. In fact I only ever wear a tie for weddings and funerals. I started primary school in 1952 and wore a tie every day until I left Camphill in 1964. I went straight into a white collar job and wore a  tie for the rest of my working life. When I realised in 2003 that I would probably never work again, I decided that I'd had enough of wearing ties. I'm a well behaved guy. Honest! But a moron wearing a tie at hospitality might still behave like a moron.

If you wore a tailored shirt and trousers, you'd get in no problem without a tie.

Buy a St. Mirren tie.

Why can't you wear a St Mirren Top to a St Mirren Restaurant ? 

Can one wear a black and white striped suit ? 

Can a lady wear a black and white striped dress ? 

Why have a Dress Code ? 

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You can stay an extra hour or so at our hospitality after the game for a drink or you can go round to the 1877 club which is open to all after the game. 

I thought the 1877 club was back to being members only after the game. Someone said in the pub prior to a recent game that it was just members only after the game.

3 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

I've seen tieless punters , although they are smartly dresses.

Indeed. If you look at the photo at the top of the Hospitality page on the Club's website (see link), you'll see at least one punter without a tie ... and a few in smart dresses ... if that's your thing. :P

https://www.stmirren.com/commercial/matchday-events/corporate-hospitality

5 hours ago, RickMcD said:

I thought the same but I had no problem getting in without a tie. As long as you look reasonably smart it's ok.

Indeed. If you look at the photo at the top of the Hospitality page on the Club's website (see link), you'll see at least one punter without a tie ... and a few in smart dresses ... if that's your thing. [emoji14]

My badly heid is in that photo.

I was at corporate for Dunfermline game and plenty of peeps there without ties. It doesn't actually say you have to wear a tie because you don't. [emoji41]

9 hours ago, Westmarcher said:

Indeed. If you look at the photo at the top of the Hospitality page on the Club's website (see link), you'll see at least one punter without a tie ... and a few in smart dresses ... if that's your thing. :P

"Each to their own" I say , If your going to be sitting about a few hours you might as well be comfy.