Morton v Saints 12 August

5 minutes ago, st jock said:

Was closed.own goal there!

I was at the ticket office at 2pm today and was told by a harassed looking lady that they had stopped selling tickets to the Morton game at 1.30pm to concentrate on selling tickets to today's game. Definitely a missed opportunity.

54 minutes ago, guinness said:

Will miss Morton game but honestly does not need to be all ticket.

Morton cant handle big away support paying cash on the day, so all ticket is the best to get the saints fans in quickly. We should be able to buy on the day since the lack of cover might stop some fans buying early.

Morton 0-2 St Mirren.

They had a disastrous end to last season and have been "iffy" in the league cup.

Predicted they'd only get a draw yesterday as I think they'll struggle this season to come close to last seasons excellent early season form.

Another 3 points, more time to get our injured players closer to a return and strengthen our position as league contenders.

After yesterday's outstanding display, Greenock Morton ain't going to stop us. They will be destroyed and humiliated. 

By the time we play the Tannadice Terrors we will be flying high. I can see a Crowd of near 7000 for our clash with United in Paisley. 

Anyway, back to next week. 

Morton 0 St Mirren 5

Crowd  5087

Don't think we should be getting ahead of ourselves, been here a million times before with Saints and it never ends well. I'll reserve my confidence until after these tough opening 4 fixtures.

Derbies are always unpredictable and form never counts. I'll settle for three points however we get them.

It'll be 'open all mikes' for me.

Although I will have to listen in on the QT as due to be at barbecue.

I think we will win - by the odd goal - a very tight match...as long as we don't get complacent and copy the 'its in the bag' attitude of Falkirk.

We won't. Morton 1 - St Mirren 2

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Morton 0-2 St Mirren.

They had a disastrous end to last season and have been "iffy" in the league cup.

Predicted they'd only get a draw yesterday as I think they'll struggle this season to come close to last seasons excellent early season form.

Another 3 points, more time to get our injured players closer to a return and strengthen our position as league contenders.

I do hope you are right!  Good to see Eckersley on the subs bench against Falkirk.