Morton v Saints 12 August

12 o'clock ferry first beer for the crossing , Wemyss Bay train station bar 20min before train to Port Glasgow with  another couple of beers. Taxi along to stadium to get in early for sure there will be problems near kick off time so dont want to get cought up in that. Have a gut feeling we will see quite a few goals from Saints for a happy journey home to Rothesay for the Beer and Rum festival with Caribean food Band and Dj's. Just recovered from Bute Fest as well. Next weekend is Highland games another mental weekend with pipers from all over descending on the island. 

3 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Cheers shull this has been my problem lol I signed up for overtime the last week and working 07:00-22:00 since last Thursday they've gave me Saturday off and I decided I fancied this game but it seems not unless they decide to do pay at gate due to the turnstile issues they are having 

No pay-at-the-gate but you can buy tickets for the home end, outside the ground, right up until kick-off. Last resort!

Just had a look at Morton's website after yesterday's statement by Warren Hawke about their dodgy turnstiles - it looks as though the turnstiles will be working as they have made arrangements to issue/collect season tickets. The website seems to indicate home fans can buy tickets on the day of the game (for all their games) with £2 being added to the £18 charged if bought after 1pm. Fckn chancers.

The website mentions they have hired a portacabin to issue season tickets on Saturday which I take to mean the reason we can't buy tickets on the day is they have nowhere from which to sell them. Amateur hour right enough.

A business who are unwilling to accept money from willing customers. Bonkers.

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Just had a look at Morton's website after yesterday's statement by Warren Hawke about their dodgy turnstiles - it looks as though the turnstiles will be working as they have made arrangements to issue/collect season tickets. The website seems to indicate home fans can buy tickets on the day of the game (for all their games) with £2 being added to the £18 charged if bought after 1pm. Fckn chancers.

The website mentions they have hired a portacabin to issue season tickets on Saturday which I take to mean the reason we can't buy tickets on the day is they have nowhere from which to sell them. Amateur hour right enough.

A business who are unwilling to accept money from willing customers. Bonkers.

Yeah their end is shaping up to be an absolute shambles. I'll be surprised if the game kicks off on time.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

Was down getting my 4 tickets at 5.15 and there was a fair amount of people in the queue, should be fun on Saturday

:D One Love.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

Was down getting my 4 tickets at 5.15 and there was a fair amount of people in the queue, should be fun on Saturday

:D One Love.

should have between 1500/2000 fans there hopefully

23 minutes ago, div said:

Update as at 1830 was just over 1,500 tickets sold which I would imagine is the largest support we've had down there in years.

Did we not take approx 2000 down to the 4-1 game?

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

12 o'clock ferry first beer for the crossing , Wemyss Bay train station bar 20min before train to Port Glasgow with  another couple of beers. Taxi along to stadium to get in early for sure there will be problems near kick off time so dont want to get cought up in that. Have a gut feeling we will see quite a few goals from Saints for a happy journey home to Rothesay for the Beer and Rum festival with Caribean food Band and Dj's. Just recovered from Bute Fest as well. Next weekend is Highland games another mental weekend with pipers from all over descending on the island. 

A st mirren win, beer , rum and carribean food sounds like the perfect Saturday to me !

Really worried about this game, and nothing to do with what happens on the park.

I can see a 'Perfect Storm' forming of:

Peak holiday time

Huge Travelling Support arriving en masse

Large (ish) Home support arriving en masse

Drink Taken

Bitter Rivals (personally that bit now bores me to tears)

Ticket & Turnstyle Chaos

Fiesty Match

I hope there are extra Polis on duty to deter any of our lot, or theres from taking the above points as an excuse to kick off!  We want to be in a better league position after the game and not worrying about pending SPFL/Police sanctions hitting home.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really worried about this game, and nothing to do with what happens on the park.

I can see a 'Perfect Storm' forming of:

Peak holiday time

Huge Travelling Support arriving en masse

Large (ish) Home support arriving en masse

Drink Taken

Bitter Rivals (personally that bit now bores me to tears)

Ticket & Turnstyle Chaos

Fiesty Match

I hope there are extra Polis on duty to deter any of our lot, or theres from taking the above points as an excuse to kick off!  We want to be in a better league position after the game and not worrying about pending SPFL/Police sanctions hitting home.

Cancel all trains, problem sorted. :wink: