Morton v Saints 12 August

11 hours ago, shull said:

Only 2 changes for tomorrow.

Duffy and Stewart in.

Sutton and Samson onto the Bench.

We are going to murder Morton ramorra.

What a manager you would make changing a winning team for no reason and dropping a player in Sutton who has just put in his best performance since he came back to the club. Keep to the taxis ya numptie.

33 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Some Saints fans are sounding like the Falkirk fans who thought they only had to turn up last week to win. Let hope the Saints players don't copy the Falkirk players reaction to it since I don't see this game being easy for us.

I certainly don't expect an easy game. Reports showed Morton to have been the better side against Dumbarton last week. And - off course - it is a derby match, With 1,900 Saints Fans travelling it looks like the crowd has every chance of reaching 5,000 to provide a fitting atmosphere. COYS

St Mirren v Morton - Renfrewhire derby.

Kilmarnock v Ayr United - Ayrshire derby.

St Mirren v Killie / Partick.... a wee bit different from games against, let's say, Falkirk or Dunfermline, but still, no derby.

IMHO. 

Sticking by my original prediction which is serious by the way... Morton 0 Stelios 2.

A win today, and I think it's easily achievable, will give us a great start.

Played one of the teams expected to be battling it our for the top spot and been away to our rivals, although I think they are on the way down after their decent3/4 of a season last season.

It would make a nice change to be up there rather than already in the chasing pack.

Long may it continue.

Just now, faraway saint said:

That was last week ya trumpet. :P

2 out of 2 including , hopefully a victory over our rivals today would be decent (ya trumpet) .

A good few years since we've collected full points , hopefully today's the day .

Gonna have to be the car journey today. I should have been quicker off the mark as I really think my grandson would have loved the supporters' bus experience. I suppose it'll have to be next time.  Anyway, to the game, I hope we play as well as we did from the 30 minute mark last week. IF we do then I am sure we will come away happy from the dump.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I certainly don't expect an easy game. Reports showed Morton to have been the better side against Dumbarton last week. And - off course - it is a derby match, With 1,900 Saints Fans travelling it looks like the crowd has every chance of reaching 5,000 to provide a fitting atmosphere. COYS

The drum should swing it for andhopefully no singing on the train. .

6 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Traffic on M8 grinding to a halt at St James. Since it wasn't moving I came off and drove through Houston so advise anybody driving to leave earlier. Think it was roadworks that is causing the problem.

Yip.

Just arrived in Paisley driving down from Glasgow.  Around Barrhead was a sign saying "Roadworks at Erskine Bridge, 25 minute delay".

Hoped it might be after the Greenock road split off - but traffic stop/start by the AIRPORT!

What idiot thought today would be a good day to bring that road to a standstill.

If it's this bad now, what's it going to be like when 1,000 cars join the queue in a 30 minute window!

Just about to set off to the Bankhouse. Place should be jumping today ahead of the game and let's hope it's the same after.

If the team turn up and put in as good a shift as they did for the bulk of last week's game then we should get some sort of result.

Come on ye saints!

8 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Yip.

Just arrived in Paisley driving down from Glasgow.  Around Barrhead was a sign saying "Roadworks at Erskine Bridge, 25 minute delay".

Hoped it might be after the Greenock road split off - but traffic stop/start by the AIRPORT!

What idiot thought today would be a good day to bring that road to a standstill.

If it's this bad now, what's it going to be like when 1,000 cars join the queue in a 30 minute window!

1,000 cars? A lot of people going on holiday today then? :lol: