Morton v Saints 12 August

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

I know I've said it before but are people really so hungry that they have to eat at the football?What's wrong with getting a munch before or after a game?

Did you see the line of fans waiting for food ? Anyway just watched it on YouTube. What a goal  , what a goal. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Did you see the line of fans waiting for food ? Anyway just watched it on YouTube. What a goal  , what a goal. 

Yes I seen the queue.Madness to pay £18 to WATCH a game of football and then spend forever waiting in a queue for food.

19 minutes ago, HSS said:

Yes I seen the queue.Madness to pay £18 to WATCH a game of football and then spend forever waiting in a queue for food.

I've missed a few goals over the years waiting in the pie & bovril queue. Sadly on Saturday I gave the queue a miss and saw all four Morton goals. dubious penalties.

Just watched the highlights on youtube for the first time.

After the game, my initial thought was that it was a bit unfair to just pin the blame on Baird as both penalties came on the left and Baird was playing on the right.

Yes, the first tackle is needless and, yes, he has lost the tackle outside the box then needlessly pushed the guy in the back in the box. Stonewall penalties and red card. Total blunders from Baird.

However...

As I thought, for the first goal, its Mackenzie who is caught too high up the pitch and is left standing with his arm raised looking for offside while Baird has to come over to cover for him.

For the second, its Mackenzie's error, giving the ball straight back to Morton that allows the guy to go through on goal, leaving Baird again, rushing across to cover.

Mackenzie has to shoulder some of the blame.

12 minutes ago, Warwick Hunt said:

Just watched the highlights on youtube for the first time.

After the game, my initial thought was that it was a bit unfair to just pin the blame on Baird as both penalties came on the left and Baird was playing on the right.

Yes, the first tackle is needless and, yes, he has lost the tackle outside the box then needlessly pushed the guy in the back in the box. Stonewall penalties and red card. Total blunders from Baird.

However...

As I thought, for the first goal, its Mackenzie who is caught too high up the pitch and is left standing with his arm raised looking for offside while Baird has to come over to cover for him.

For the second, its Mackenzie's error, giving the ball straight back to Morton that allows the guy to go through on goal, leaving Baird again, rushing across to cover.

Mackenzie has to shoulder some of the blame.

Definitely a sensible post. :)