Morton v Saints 12 August

Can anyone confirm if our tickets stipulate the away end or a certain stand etc. As there is rumours on twitter the home end tickets don't say anything meaning in theory but one and gain entry into the away end because if it didn't scan if the new turnstiles are installed at away end you could just show steward the ticket to override it and get in if don't say home or away end if mention a stand 

3 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Can anyone confirm if our tickets stipulate the away end or a certain stand etc. As there is rumours on twitter the home end tickets don't say anything meaning in theory but one and gain entry into the away end because if it didn't scan if the new turnstiles are installed at away end you could just show steward the ticket to override it and get in if don't say home or away end if mention a stand 

My head hurts.

2 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Great point !!!! 

No mention of visiting support on ticket. 

This is going to be carnage. 

From the Morton website:

"We host St Mirren at Cappielow this weekend in the first Renfrewshire derby of the 2017/18 season – and we would like to urge all supporters to please come along to the ground to purchase or collect match tickets as early as possible tomorrow.

Any fixture against our local rivals is guaranteed to be busy, but with a larger than usual crowd anticipated combined with the issues we have experienced with our season cards and fan cards, this advice takes on more significance.

Fans arriving early will reduce queues both at the ticket office and the turnstiles and ensure speedier entry to the ground for everyone ahead of kick off.

Can we please reiterate that there is no cash entry for St Mirren supporters on the day. This is an all-ticket match."

10 minutes ago, davidg said:

Great point !!!! 

No mention of visiting support on ticket. 

This is going to be carnage. 

If as is mentioned in twitter every fan that travels down and does what I'm thinking then it could be very very busy at the turnstiles and as you say it doesn't state away ticket or away support then I may need to get to the ground early 

1 minute ago, Clydebanksaint said:

If as is mentioned in twitter every fan that travels down and does what I'm thinking then it could be very very busy at the turnstiles and as you say it doesn't state away ticket or away support then I may need to get to the ground early 

Yup, what happens when the away turnstiles hit the number of tickets sold and there's still fans queuing to get in?

Just now, Clydebanksaint said:

So they say turnstile numbers on the tickets 

No but as David attests to, Morton know they've sold approx 1900 away tickets. 

Each turnstile has a counter for entry so they collector knows how many have passed through....once it passes the number of tickets sold, they're going to be well aware that there's more in the stand than tickets sold. At that point the police could easily shut the turnstiles. More entering a gate than tickets sold is potentially trouble.

2 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Surely not....

Maybe the home end tickets have something which distinguishes them from ours?

I don't think so mate. I reckon that's what the barcode is for eventually..to differentiate between the stands.

Problem is, no-one is scanning the barcode in our end tomorrow. They're simply checking it is in fact, a ticket. :lol:

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No but as David attests to, Morton know they've sold approx 1900 away tickets. 

Each turnstile has a counter for entry so they collector knows how many have passed through....once it passes the number of tickets sold, they're going to be well aware that there's more in the stand than tickets sold. At that point the police could easily shut the turnstiles. More entering a gate than tickets sold is potentially trouble.

That's the funniest post I have read on here in ages.

This diddy club in Greenock can't seem to even get the turnstiles working at all for the home fans, the only admitted today the website to buy tickets and seasons book doesn't work, and they have panicked at even the thought of setting up a ticket kiosk for away fans.  Where is this efficient entry counting turnstile going to come from overnight?!

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Just looking at my ticket and this is in fact correct. There is nothing specifying a stand or home/away. 

Any buds wanting to go tomorrow who missed out, just head down to cappielow, buy a ticket and pop in the away end!

Does it say anything like  "Enter by turnstile X"?

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't think so mate. I reckon that's what the barcode is for eventually..to differentiate between the stands.

Problem is, no-one is scanning the barcode in our end tomorrow. They're simply checking it is in fact, a ticket. :lol:

Aye so basically anyone that's bought a ticket has bought a ticket for....... Cappielow.

Shall we all get in early and take the Cowshed?