Brian Graham

Bearsden buddie

45 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Graham might be just what Sutton needs to give him that wee push. 

To be fair, Ian, Sutton put in a hell of a shift on Saturday. Didn't look to me as though he needs a push.

Graham (or another striker) as an additional option though, would do no harm.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

To be fair, Ian, Sutton put in a hell of a shift on Saturday. Didn't look to me as though he needs a push.

Graham (or another striker) as an additional option though, would do no harm.

Stewart will put enough pressure on Sutton I'd say we should go for a small pacey striker that can come off the bench and play off Sutton when opposition center half start to tire 

3 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Maybe Dale Hilson can provide that option . 

I hope I'm wrong, but Hilson seems to be one of these players who has a lot of skill, but just can't keep injury free.

The six month contract he was given seems pretty prudent, given his current situation. 

21 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Hibs fans don't rate Graham. Does not mean he is no good Dunfemline fans anyone. 

I reckon some players click at some clubs and not at others. It seems to be the way of things sometimes.

I could rhyme off a good few who have come to Saints having done well at previous clubs and just never really settled. Wyness, Imrie, and a midfielder from Falkirk maybe (name escapes me but signed by Danny, IIRC - Irish?) are a few more recent examples.

ETA - Paddy Cregg?

Edited by Drew

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

I reckon some players click at some clubs and not at others. It seems to be the way of things sometimes.

I could rhyme off a good few who have come to Saints having done well at previous clubs and just never really settled. Wyness, Imrie, and a midfielder from Falkirk maybe (name escapes me but signed by Danny, IIRC - Irish?) are a few more recent examples.

ETA - Paddy Cregg?

You forgot Morton big summer signing :rolleyes:

Hibs head coach Neil Lennon has confirmed that out-of-favour striker Brian Graham is free to leave Easter Road if he wishes to seek more regular involvement elsewhere. The 29-year-old target man has started only nine matches and scored six goals since arriving from Ross County a year ago and is currently behind Simon Murray, Anthony Stokes, Deivydas Matulevicius and Martin Boyle in the battle for a start. (Evening News)

25 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Hibs head coach Neil Lennon has confirmed that out-of-favour striker Brian Graham is free to leave Easter Road if he wishes to seek more regular involvement elsewhere. The 29-year-old target man has started only nine matches and scored six goals since arriving from Ross County a year ago and is currently behind Simon Murray, Anthony Stokes, Deivydas Matulevicius and Martin Boyle in the battle for a start. (Evening News)

Might be a decent option - certainly at this level. Could interchange with Sutton as required.

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

Might be a decent option - certainly at this level. Could interchange with Sutton as required.

From what I'm hearing we aren't in for him, but are in for another.

This probably means we'll announce Graham this afternoon...:zipit

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

From what I'm hearing we aren't in for him, but are in for another.

This probably means we'll announce Graham this afternoon...:zipit

To be honest, we might be better served looking for a couple of loan deals now.

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

To be honest, we might be better served looking for a couple of loan deals now.

I'd be totally fine with loan deals - we normally have 3 or 4 of them at a time, so a couple just now would do me. Prem teams should have a good idea of who they won't be using, giving us a chance to get someone decent in.

4 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I'd be totally fine with loan deals - we normally have 3 or 4 of them at a time, so a couple just now would do me. Prem teams should have a good idea of who they won't be using, giving us a chance to get someone decent in.

We could probably afford a couple of loan deals on Rocco's freed up wages, while one permanent deal might tie them up.

We have the core of a good squad, but could do with supplementing a couple of areas.

Edited by Drew

14 hours ago, Drew said:

ETA - Paddy Cregg?

There's Gavin Reilly, 4 goals in 5 games with us so far. Already got more goals than last season at Dunfermline.

17 hours ago, Drew said:

ETA - Paddy Cregg?

Odd but true . Could add Fraser Wishart and Roddie Manley to the list. Shows it's always a bit of a gamble.

Never been a player I've been hugely impressed with when I've seen him. His goalscoring record isn't brilliant, but I do realise he'd be coming in to make the bolts so Gavin Reilly can fire them. If this is going to be his role, a guy who Reilly can feed off when Sutton's knackered or injured, then I'd be happy enough.

Edited by Saint Garf

4 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

Never been a player I've been hugely impressed with when I've seen him. His goalscoring record isn't brilliant, but I do realise he'd be coming in to make the bolts so Gavin Reilly can fire them. If this is going to be his role, a guy who Reilly can feed off when Sutton's knackered or injured, then I'd be happy enough.

Fair enough if you're not impressed by him as a player but you can't say his goalscoring record is anything other than impressive.

195 Career starts and 127 sub appearances, 110 goals. Mostly at Championship or Premier League level. Averages a goal every 163 minutes over the course of his career.

You don't get many proven 1 goal in 2 strikers at our level unfortunately.

Edited by djchapsticks