Samson - The Modern Day Les Fridge

Another thread ruined by the same twat -

Sorry but I have skipped over about 7 pages to get here...

Honestly stop engaging with him and the improvement in the forums will be huge.....

We are all allowed an opinion, but constantly trying to push it or justify something as ridiculous as saying Sammy is rubbish is so very sad... (desperate)

I don't know any team in any league that finishes with the top or 2nd best defensive record; with any of their back 5, including the goalie, being rubbish - it is not possible..

None of our players are the best in the world, but we have players in every position that are better than virtually every other player in the Championship... (with a very few exceptions)... That is why we will be Champions so very soon...

24 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Another thread ruined by the same twat -

Sorry but I have skipped over about 7 pages to get here...

Honestly stop engaging with him and the improvement in the forums will be huge.....

We are all allowed an opinion, but constantly trying to push it or justify something as ridiculous as saying Sammy is rubbish is so very sad... (desperate)

I don't know any team in any league that finishes with the top or 2nd best defensive record; with any of their back 5, including the goalie, being rubbish - it is not possible..

None of our players are the best in the world, but we have players in every position that are better than virtually every other player in the Championship... (with a very few exceptions)... That is why we will be Champions so very soon...

Bud, every forum has a total fanny, we are cursed as we have several

Its just trying to be controversial so people talk to the them. They used to put in chains and have fruit thrown at them................. now they have internet access......

Every player has been exceptional , even our young lads out on loan are shinning...................

Samson is a legend ............. past and present..............

Beginning to think we have been infiltrated by Trolls...............  Anyone who can find negatives over our players is clearly not a fan of St Mirren FC, and should either be banned (  again) or ignored................... 

Thread had been buried for a while. 

Brought back to life, not by me, this morning. 

A lot of mumbo jumbo, again not by me, being posted. 

If we had swapped Goalies last night, we would have lost 1-0 according to some of the real and gifted St Mirren Supporters above. 

And of course, Brechin would not be getting relegated if they had Samson as their goalkeeper. 

32 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Bud, every forum has a total fanny, we are cursed as we have several

Its just trying to be controversial so people talk to the them. They used to put in chains and have fruit thrown at them................. now they have internet access......

Every player has been exceptional , even our young lads out on loan are shinning...................

Samson is a legend ............. past and present..............

Beginning to think we have been infiltrated by Trolls...............  Anyone who can find negatives over our players is clearly not a fan of St Mirren FC, and should either be banned (  again) or ignored................... 

If anybody wasn't a fan, then they wouldn't care about St Mirren or their Goalkeeper. 

Not only have his performances been excellent, he is one of the senior and most experienced players in the squad. He provides a lot of leadership on the park and you can also see that he is loving this season. 

His pen save against Dundee Utd this season was as important as his pen save in the LC semi v Celtic. 

9 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

A mate was sitting next to his mum and dad at recent game at Cappielow and they were saying just how much Sammy is loving his football and life at St Mirren at the moment. An excellent keeper and having a terrific season.

Keep up the good work Sammy!

I remember during his last stay he was interviewed on Alba and it became quite clear then that he liked being here and he liked Paisley Saint Mirren. . the guy is indeed a Saint Mirren legend. .

I wasn't too keen on the signing of Samson at the time, and I was even less keen after he let in a couple of soft goals against Dundee in pre season, but since then he has proven me and any other doubters emphatically wrong. He's been fantastic this season, the best keeper in the league by a country mile. You see the performances from guys we could have had, like Ridgers, Alexander, Martin, Gallagher, Thomson, etc and you realise just how lucky we are to have him. He's been worth a lot of points this season. One of Ross's best signings.

To the tune of "aye, aye yippee"

He is Ginger he's a Ninja

He is Ginger and a Ninja, He's oor Craig

He is Ginger and a Ninja, he makes the saves

He is Ginger and Ninja, let that Mull

He is Ginger and a Ninja unlike daftie Shull

For he is Ginger and a Ninja

And a league cup winna

He is Ginger and a Ninja he's oor Craig

He's no Ginger and no a Ninja

Shull is mental and obsessive

That's the opinion of this collective

Shull is mental and obsessive

That's his way

Singing Shull is mental and obsessive

and that is being Conservative

Shull is mental and obsessive, ach away

4 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

The ironic thing about this thread is that Les Fridge was a good player.
As was David Elliot!

Elliot could have been a wonderful player but he had no heart and a dreadful attitude which meant less than 50% effort. 

Fridge was a decent shot stopper but in general was a poor goalkeeper. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Elliot could have been a wonderful player but he had no heart and a dreadful attitude which meant less than 50% effort. 

Fridge was a decent shot stopper but in general was a poor goalkeeper. 

Pinning my colours to the mast.  I like Samson as a goalkeeper. Sure, he makes mistakes. All players do.

Davie Hay called Les Fridge "Bostik Feet" as he was glued to the goal line but I liked him as a keeper.

David Elliot was quick and talented but I agree lacked heart or application, whatever you want to call it. 

I  think the latter got a bit of stick as I think he was going out with Davie  Hay's daughter and some seemed to think that is why he had been signed.

2 hours ago, ScotstounSaint said:

The ironic thing about this thread is that Les Fridge was a good player.
As was David Elliot!

Les Fridge was probably the best shot stopper I have ever seen, I do not say that lightly but genuinely a wonderful, wonderful shot stopper.  The rest of his goalkeeping was however howling.

David Elliot was on occasion a fantastic player.  I recall a fantastic victory at Ibrox where David Elliot made the then England international full back Gary Stevens look like a Robert Dawson by turning him outside in and back again.  David Elliot really could play, unfortunately a week later he would be totally, totally gash.  One week we had a Jinky Johnstone the next four we had a Jim Gardner.