Samson - The Modern Day Les Fridge

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

:lol:

in fairness you wouldn’t have to be that young. In my opinion the only goalie since Campbell Money you could argue a case for would be Ludo Roy and I always thought he was a wee bit overrated. Ludo would probably still shade it for me though. 

Thomson, Gallacher and Kello for the short time he was with us. 

Samson just shades it over Gallacher for me, both made it to the fringes of the Scotland squad.

To find a better keeper you'd have to go back to the last millennium and the undervalued (at international level anyway) Campbell Money and the erratic but brilliant on his day Silly Billy Thomson.

How wrong was this thread? :lol:

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Samson just shades it over Gallacher for me, both made it to the fringes of the Scotland squad.

To find a better keeper you'd have to go back to the last millennium and the undervalued (at international level anyway) Campbell Money and the erratic but brilliant on his day Silly Billy Thomson.

Not worst.................................than most of shull's threads. :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Don’t disagree with your post but a bit harsh to say Gallacher got to the fringes of the Scotland squad. He got 8 full caps and was a consistent squad member for a good few years. 

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I wasn’t putting Thomson as being since Money. Money was here well after Thomson. 

No way did Kello do enough to be considered better than Sammy, but Paul Gallacher is a good shout. I’d temporarily forgotten about him. 

Neither was I.  But was there in my time.

For me it’s either Money or Thomson .... before that you could say Donald Hunter was good enough to get us into the top division. Go back further then you have the arse hole who was past his best Jim Herriot ... before him big Denis who to be fair was good enough to play with Septic until he threw the ball into his own net! Others that have been in the sticks are decent enough we have had a few clowns and a few gems .. Les Fridge for his size was a good keeper and big Ludo was good enough until his head ruled his hands and he thought he was better than he really was! Samson for me is up there along with Billy and Campbell.  Great save yesterday and he has produced some fine ones at times needed that shows what a keeper is all about. LC winner  2013 says it all! He got us there and lifted the Cup! 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye but my post said the only keeper since Campbell........ach it doesnae matter :lol:

If we’re doing it “in my time” then of course Thomson and I’d also add Donald Hunter. 

In my time I'd say Campbell Forsyth.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Wanna bet?

If hes freed Ill stop posting here if hes not you do!

Eh naw. 

You do what you desire. 

I will continue to post whether he is here or not. 

You're getting obsessed. 

My opinion is he is not a great goalie. 

The Masses disagree. 

So feck.

There has been lots of St Mirren players who have been poor. 

Again, so feck. 

Just an opinion. 

Thorburn and Connaghan were my first and they were decent. 

Herriot was poor. 

Billy McGann was around at the same time, he was short but competent. 

Then along came Danny Stevenson. He was great. 

Since then, we have not had many brilliant goalies but  quite a few not very good.

Alan McCulloch was shit hot. 

On 08/04/2018 at 6:31 PM, shull said:

Thorburn and Connaghan were my first and they were decent. 

Herriot was poor. 

Billy McGann was around at the same time, he was short but competent. 

Then along came Danny Stevenson. He was great. 

Since then, we have not had many brilliant goalies but  quite a few not very good.

Alan McCulloch was shit hot. 

Billy Thompson and Dibble