St Mirren songs

• 1 month later...

Anyone see that movie about Vietnam with John Wayne.  the theme tune, the Ballad of the green beret, has a catchy we chorus about silver wings on their chest and being the best etc.

How about a Saints version

"With our Buddies badge upon our chest

we are the Saints, we're Paisley's best

and we will go, where the St Mirren go.

We are the North Bank agg...a ...rro"

I'm sure the drum beat would be a dawdle for Josh and the St Mirren band.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye but I cannae make out the words.

It appears to be about our 3-0 victory over Celtic in 1990 but I’m struggling to believe we would create a song about a random defeat of a shitey Celtic team who finished 5th in the league and we finished 2nd bottom? A wee bit cringeworthy no?

Which would be a shame coz it’s a cracking sounding song.

Was there some other significance to this victory that I’m forgetting?

The first goal was scored by Gunni, The second by Geordie Shaw, The third goal was scored by Paul Lambert, the finest of them all, No goals were scored by Celtic, 3-0 was the final score And you could nae hear the soldier song, for the saints go marching in, Oh when the saints...

6 hours ago, HSS said:

The first goal was scored by Gunni, The second by Geordie Shaw, The third goal was scored by Paul Lambert, the finest of them all, No goals were scored by Celtic, 3-0 was the final score And you could nae hear the soldier song, for the saints go marching in, Oh when the saints...

That one was particularly good at the semi final in 2013 , as about 4.5 thousand Saint Mirren fans managed to drown out upwards of 20 thousand Celtic fans . . Oh when the Saints. .

10 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Talking of substitutes, both of Celtic’s in that 3-0 game would later play for Saints...Gerry Creaney and your beloved David Elliott

And neither won any St Mirren Player of the Year Awards.

Although, Elliot was praised for keeping his Kit spotlessly clean for the length of his stay.

Lazy , good for nothing waster.

• 1 month later...