Our Compere

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You were wrong FS in predicting he's shite posts plural. Looks like I appear to be the only one who didn't fancy it (not I repeat that I said he was shite)

Happy to accept that I appear to be on a minority of one on this one. I feel like Shull.

There will be more than one mate.

Things like this will always split opinion.

Impossible to keep everyone happy. :cheers

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I quite enjoyed the boxing style intros. Its a bit tongue-in-cheek, and not to be taken too seriously.

The goal scorer announcement had us scratching our heads briefly, but it's hardly a big deal, FFS.

The new guys are finding their feet, but I already think they are a breath of fresh air.

Maybe he could identify our players by remembering which of them wear a shirt with no St Mirren crest on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Could The Announcer run us thru that double East Kilbride substitution again plz?

:lol:

And,while I'm at it,should car registration numbers not be read out phonetically?

PS.....You're doing a fine job.

I liked the previous announcer and I like the new announcer. Is he loud and clear? Yes.  Does he sound enthusiastic? Yes. Is he raising the "excitement stakes" On the way to getting there. Takes time to build rapport with the crowd. Outcome for me is that we had one of the best announcers in Scottish Football and we Still Do!

I think the tannoy chap is doing a great job, I've stated before that he is trying new things (enjoyed Jack's choice of tunes at the Falkirk game) which can only be refreshing. I found it quite amusing a few weeks ago at the Thistle game when their tannoy was going berserk when someone shouted to Campbell "Cammie can ye no sort that oot!!" [emoji3]

• 1 month later...

I reckon that was his third strike today and he should now be out.

Announced Cammy Smith as scoring against Airdrie when it was an OG, Gavin Reilly against Falkirk when it was he who crossed for Smith to score and Morgan today when it was Hilson.

If he didn't have a teamsheet in front of him would he even know the names of any of the Saints players?

3 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I reckon that was his third strike today and he should now be out.

Announced Cammy Smith as scoring against Airdrie when it was an OG, Gavin Reilly against Falkirk when it was he who crossed for Smith to score and Morgan today when it was Hilson.

If he didn't have a teamsheet in front of him would he even know the names of any of the Saints players?

To be fair , i was jumping up and down and chanting Lexi , Lexi !!