Our Compere

4 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I reckon that was his third strike today and he should now be out.

Announced Cammy Smith as scoring against Airdrie when it was an OG, Gavin Reilly against Falkirk when it was he who crossed for Smith to score and Morgan today when it was Hilson.

If he didn't have a teamsheet in front of him would he even know the names of any of the Saints players?

I was doing my best!!!!!!! 

I reckon that was his third strike today and he should now be out.
Announced Cammy Smith as scoring against Airdrie when it was an OG, Gavin Reilly against Falkirk when it was he who crossed for Smith to score and Morgan today when it was Hilson.
If he didn't have a teamsheet in front of him would he even know the names of any of the Saints players?

Surely his 4th then...let's not forget playing the goal celebration music before Rory Loy missed an important penalty. Bag him.

I don't know the guy personally, but I think he's doing a good job, it can't be easy at times. It should be noted that the sun would have been impacting his view at the time of the goal. I myself and the guys around me have got Smith & Reilly mixed up when one or other scores on a few occasions. Very harsh to suggest bagging the guy, he's probably not even doing the job for the money!!

I don't know the guy personally, but I think he's doing a good job, it can't be easy at times. It should be noted that the sun would have been impacting his view at the time of the goal. I myself and the guys around me have got Smith & Reilly mixed up when one or other scores on a few occasions. Very harsh to suggest bagging the guy, he's probably not even doing the job for the money!!

Fwiw my "bag him" comment was a joke before any mountains are made out of any molehills.

Apologies to anyone that may have been offended by the joke. No comperes were fatally injured in the typing of the post.

In the 80's the compere at Parkhead went sick got a call could I help out as I was compere at Firhill. Was handed three A4 sheets of paper with a history of it being so may thousand goals scored at parkhead to read out, mental but these day's were about reading the teams out , reading the half time results , subs and playing music no naming who scored thankfully not an easy job.

On 01/10/2017 at 11:09 AM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Were you pished on the Periscope yesterday by the way?

I was a bit merry. Had been out till late on Friday/Sat morning, then a couple of pints in the club before the game seemed to tip me back over the edge :D

31 minutes ago, div said:

I was a bit merry. Had been out till late on Friday/Sat morning, then a couple of pints in the club before the game seemed to tip me back over the edge :D

That explains it. You managed to miss the first goal which I understand is commonplace, but missing the last 10 minutes of both halves was unforgivable! :lol:

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Can anybody mind the rumpus that was caused in the 1970's when our then Tannoy dude read out a Latest Score while our Match was still in progress ? 

We scored in the last min of a game v Hamilton to win 1-0.The tannoy dude had announced mins before that Clydebank had drawn or lost and we went further ahead in the League.If i remember correctly both Hamilton and Clydebank complained to the SFA.

Our game was a 3:15pm kick off to try to encourage fans of the old firm,as they were called way back in history,to come along to our game after their 12:30 kick off.I'm sure it ended up fisticuffs with the dafties who came along.

I'm off to the programme site.........