Our Compere

11 minutes ago, HSS said:

We scored in the last min of a game v Hamilton to win 1-0.The tannoy dude had announced mins before that Clydebank had drawn or lost and we went further ahead in the League.If i remember correctly both Hamilton and Clydebank complained to the SFA.

Our game was a 3:15pm kick off to try to encourage fans of the old firm,as they were called way back in history,to come along to our game after their 12:30 kick off.I'm sure it ended up fisticuffs with the dafties who came along.

I'm off to the programme site.........

:clapping

2 minutes ago, shull said:

And what happened in the morning before the Match in Paisley ?

To the benefit of St Mirren Football Club.

I'll come back to that one.

Clydebank drew 2-2 at Palmerston,I can only guess that QOTS scored a late equaliser. 

The bigot sisters also drew 2-2.

10 minutes ago, shull said:

And what happened in the morning before the Match in Paisley ?

To the benefit of St Mirren Football Club.

You'll need to tell me as i was at school that day and my studies were more important.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

What an amazing season 1977 was the fact almost 7,000 were in Love Street .to watch us take on Hamilton tells it's own story. Cant think what Shull is writing about ?

here is a wee copy paste of that season.

By the start of 1976-77 Fergie had moulded a young enthusiastic team which were starting to make everyone take notice of them.

The league campaign started slowly with a draw at home to East Fife and then defeat at Falkirk. The third match was against Hamilton at Love Street.

Goals from McDowell, McGarvey, Borthwick, Reid and Hyslop gave Saints a 5-2 victory and set the team on the road to 28 league matches without defeat to see them sitting proudly at the top of the league.

The Scottish Cup gave saints the chance to pit themselves against Premier opposition, when Dundee United who were near the top of the league, visited Love Street. UTD scored first and then Saints missed a penalty and many thought that they had lost their chance. But goals from Torrance2 McGarvey and Stark gave Saints a 4-1 victory and made the whole of Scottish football take notice of this young upcoming team.

The next round took them to Fir Park and although they held their own in a tough match Premier Division Motherwell edged them out 2-1.

After the cup exit Fergie concentrated his efforts on guiding his young squad to the title.  This was achieved on the 19th April 1977 when Dundee were defeated 4-0 at Dens Park, with Frank McGarvey netting a hat-trick and Billy Stark the other.

Fergies furies had arrived on the big stage.

With the title wrapped up, Saints played out two 2-2 draws against Airdrie and Montrose.

The season ended with St.Mirren on top of the league having lost just 2 from 39 games. Top scorers were Frank McGarvey and Derek Hyslop with 17 each.