Darryl Duffy

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm meaning someone who will be the player who could get us into a play off spot, that's WHY it's impossible to judge after one game.

I doubt this new signing is this player, which is what I said from my first post.

It was other people who, as usual, changed the direction of my post.

Hope this clears this up.

Getting harder to say anything remotely different in here unless it's "Oh yes, everything is rosy".

If it's impossible to judge just now, how can you then claim that we don't have a star man?

Its nothing to do with happy clapping, you're just talking shite:rolleyes:

Welcome aboard etc.

His career bares a strong similarity to Alan Gow.

Highly rated youngster, play for Rangers and Falkirk. Bum about the English lower leagues for a bit, having an impact here and there but never sticking anywhere. Get linked with St Mirren at various times through out your twenties.

Go to India. Then when you're 33, sign for St Mirren.

Let's hope Duffy has more of an impact with us than his kindred spirit did.

Think you are better finding something else to do on a sat, football def not your thing [emoji6]

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

If it's impossible to judge just now, how can you then claim that we don't have a star man?

Its nothing to do with happy clapping, you're just talking shite:rolleyes:

You really should leave off the wine, it's having a bad effect on you, noticeably over the last couple of weeks.

Again, I'm saying I doubt Duffy will be the star man, and certainly we haven't signed anyone who can fill a certain players boots.

IMO it'll only be after this season that anyone could be seen as anywhere close to the player Mallan was.

The money we received seems to be hiding under someone's mattress as it's not being spent on players IMO.

Run along. :byebye

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm meaning someone who will be the player who could get us into a play off spot, that's WHY it's impossible to judge after one game.
I doubt this new signing is this player, which is what I said from my first post.
It was other people who, as usual, changed the direction of my post.
Hope this clears this up.
Getting harder to say anything remotely different in here unless it's "Oh yes, everything is rosy".

Morgan is the one player who could be the difference. He's one of the best young talents I can recall seeing for the buds. Certainly in the last couple of decades.
Only question for me is whether we can keep him for the season.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Morgan is the one player who could be the difference. He's one of the best young talents I can recall seeing for the buds. Certainly in the last couple of decades.
Only question for me is whether we can keep him for the season.

My concern is that we can't even keep him till the end of the month. 

Duffy is coming in as nothing more than a back up surely.

I seen real promise of an excellent partnership between Sutton & Reilly on Saturday which could bring us goals. Big Ross Stewart hopefully gets a chance if Sutton gets injured as I believe he has real potential in the few games I have seen him in.

So welcome on board Double D. I just hope you are warming the bench this season due to the scintillating form of RAS.

24 minutes ago, Warwick Hunt said:

Losing Lewis Morgan would be a big blow.

Indeed, we are probably fcuked if he leaves.

It would take a big bid to prise Morgan away I reckon. Hopefully that dosn't happen this season .

The more options we have in every position, the better. It's a long season ahead and when injuries (like now) and suspensions start to kick in , we'll probably be happy of having strength in depth . Having 4 natural strikers can only be a positive thing .

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not anymore than we sold Mallan for so let's just hope he stays under the radar for another few weeks, then explodes into real top form. :wink:

Did we not knock back I similar bid to what Mallan went for ? 

11 minutes ago, munoz said:

The more options we have in every position, the better. It's a long season ahead and when injuries (like now) and suspensions start to kick in , we'll probably be happy of having strength in depth . Having 4 natural strikers can only be a positive thing .

Possibly.

However, I don't like to see chopping and changing in the striking positions. Consistency in selection can be a big issue IMO.

If guys like Reilly & Sutton get a regular game together then I reckon they will get goals. If there are injuries, suspensions, goals dry up, etc then bring in Duffy & Stewart and its up to them to take their chance.

But I don't like to see the strikers chopped and changed on a weekly basis.

Edited by Warwick Hunt

5 minutes ago, Warwick Hunt said:

Possibly.

However, I don't like to see chopping and changing in the striking positions. Consistency in selection can be a big issue IMO.

If guys like Reilly & Sutton get a regular game together then I reckon they will get goals. If there are injuries, suspensions, goals dry up, etc then bring in Duffy & Stewart and its up to them to take their chance.

But I don't like to see the strikers chopped and changed on a weekly basis.

Like you , I wouldn't want to chop and change either for change sake . 

53 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Hopefully Duffy comes in and scores a few goals but I must say, it's a pretty uninspiring signing. Hope he proves me wrong but definitely "meh" for me.

QoS signed Kane today, would much rather have him in our squad but Jack must've seen something he liked with Darryl.

Tremendous for Queens. I thought Spurs would have wanted to keep him.