Darryl Duffy

Hopefully Duffy comes in and scores a few goals but I must say, it's a pretty uninspiring signing. Hope he proves me wrong but definitely "meh" for me.

QoS signed Kane today, would much rather have him in our squad but Jack must've seen something he liked with Darryl.

Some members on here have been screaming out for another striker, well we've got one and I'm sure he'll do very well. I don't know what some fans are expecting, we're a small club and wages structured accordingly. Reilly, Duffy and Sutton are proven goal scorers (Stewart I don't know enough of to judge) at our level. To me Reilly should start every game and take your pick between Sutton and Duffy to play alongside him.

Some members on here have been screaming out for another striker, well we've got one and I'm sure he'll do very well. I don't know what some fans are expecting, we're a small club and wages structured accordingly. Reilly, Duffy and Sutton are proven goal scorers (Stewart I don't know enough of to judge) at our level. To me Reilly should start every game and take your pick between Sutton and Duffy to play alongside him.

That's right, we did need another striker, that was clear for everyone to see...

However, fans can also have their opinion about certain players & all I was saying was i would've preferred someone else. Obviously we have a certain budget but Duffy won't be costing anyone than the likes of Chris Kane who has just moved to QoS.

who is Kane that QOS have signed? ....seems to me Duffy is exactly the kind of player we need and will suit St Mirren down to the ground. I cant believe negativity towards the signing. Things are looking good for the season ahead.....of course all this optimism is just softening us up fr Morgan being sold on the 31st August :( ....hope I am wrong. If not, surely we can say to any buying club that we dont to sell and it will take £500k+ before we would even consider it.

That's right, we did need another striker, that was clear for everyone to see...

However, fans can also have their opinion about certain players & all I was saying was i would've preferred someone else. Obviously we have a certain budget but Duffy won't be costing anyone than the likes of Chris Kane who has just moved to QoS.

No problem and fair response. I wasn't having a dig at you BTW, and I apologise if it came across that way.

Chris Kane is average at best.

Dumbarton have an impressive ability to turn average players into good players in this league. They do it every season and Kane fit the bill for them.

I'm confident Duffy will score more goals than Kane will at QotS this season. He's had a decent scoring record at all the places he's been a chance at.  A (probably) cheaper, more effective option, why not? 

12 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Chris Kane is average at best.

Dumbarton have an impressive ability to turn average players into good players in this league. They do it every season and Kane fit the bill for them.

I reckon Shankland could end up there, and will probably do very well.

When we signed Stelios it hardly even registered a ripple of electric current through my napper. I think I thought to myself 'Oh great, we've signed some Cypriot diddy I've never heard of that will be here as long as Viktor Genev was...'

Now I have Stelios posters on my bedroom wall and Mrs Poz is worried about my man-crush and new found desire for kebabs.

Just saying... give big Duffy a chance. 

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

When we signed Stelios it hardly even registered a ripple of electric current through my napper. I think I thought to myself 'Oh great, we've signed some Cypriot diddy I've never heard of that will be here as long as Viktor Genev was...'

Now I have Stelios posters on my bedroom wall and Mrs Poz is worried about my man-crush and new found desire for kebabs.

Just saying... give big Duffy a chance. 

He's got it.

8 minutes ago, pod said:

He's got it.

As should any new signing. 45 minutes before any 'fcuk sake' cries. 90 minutes before any 'get him tae' fcuk Ross' cries, and at least two full appearances before burning him at the stake... seems only fair. 

12 hours ago, munoz said:

Did we not knock back I similar bid to what Mallan went for ? 

I am another completely Not! iTK... that said with a year left on his contract, if a club bid the same as Mallan's deal to take Morgan he would already be gone. Imo...

what a large number of our supporters dont  get is we are a club, almost relegated to the third tier, picking up £200k plus transfer deals with sell on clauses. That is hugely disproportionate to the level of football we are currently at.

Edited by Lord Pityme

I genuinely hadn't heard the name Chris Kane being bandied about. As such, I'm totally indifferent. We've now got a few options up front, just so long as we retain the players we have.

At the risk of labouring the point (though why change the habits of a lifetime?), we need to keep Sutton. Otherwise, our front line is looking a bit lightweight.

Edited by Drew

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You really should leave off the wine, it's having a bad effect on you, noticeably over the last couple of weeks.

Again, I'm saying I doubt Duffy will be the star man, and certainly we haven't signed anyone who can fill a certain players boots.

IMO it'll only be after this season that anyone could be seen as anywhere close to the player Mallan was.

The money we received seems to be hiding under someone's mattress as it's not being spent on players IMO.

Run along. :byebye

Riley has scored 4 goals in 5 games him and Smith worked their cotton socks off on Saturday while Sutton was great support. Ross is young will be a hit with good coaching. Duffy brings experience and no doubt goals I'm sure he will get a goal on Saturday whether that be off the subs bench or starts.  Cant remember us having so many forwards to chop and change with. The icing on the cake is we have a squad , a team who gel that is better than one individual. Will stick my neck out by saying I think we will win the league that's my head talking not my heart. 

Typed his name into Youtube to see if there was any footage of him playing in India, there isn't a lot, but I did find this. The standard looks decent, some nice passing football, and he seems to play a very Rory Loy like role, dropping deep, linking play, clever through balls. Actually feel a bit more optimistic about him signing after watching this.