Diving Cheats 2018/19

shull

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not denying this sort of stuff happens but it's narrow minded to focus on it like Shull when there is superb skills all over the park.

The high level of defending goes unnoticed, as does the stamina levels of players covering every angle/area of the park.

Maybe some are used to the ball being in the air most of the time or teams passing to the other team half the time. :rolleyes:

I do get frustrated at times watching the tippy tappy but I do appreciate the skill in keeping the ball.  Messi just scored...........:lol:

Just now, thomsons dropped it said:

I do get frustrated at times watching the tippy tappy but I do appreciate the skill in keeping the ball.  Messi just scored...........:lol:

I get that, when Barcelona were dominating football they, all of a sudden, started to get slated for "tippy tappy" football.

Yeah, depends what you're looking for, and I agree it can get a bit "meh" at times but it detracts from the skill factor.

The English league gets slagged off for saying they are the best league in the world.

"Skill wise" I doubt they are, even for all the money, but they could be for the competitive nature of many games.

Many, especially on here, slag off the Champions League yet revel in our level of football.

Takes all sorts. 

6 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Football must be about the worst sport for players cheating and most of the time it is the same suspects. They know the cameras will catch them out but they seem to have no shame.

Massive statement but what's the answer? 

Again, this aspect, which is an issue, is probably about 5% of the game yet people focus on it, strange.

FWIW I think the managers have a big input, along with some sort of consistency fro the officials but let's remember, it's not easy when the game is played at a fast pace, to distinguish between a small touch, which can easily result in a player taking a tumble, and a player with the same amount of contact making a meal of it. 

Massive statement but what's the answer? 
Again, this aspect, which is an issue, is probably about 5% of the game yet people focus on it, strange.
FWIW I think the managers have a big input, along with some sort of consistency fro the officials but let's remember, it's not easy when the game is played at a fast pace, to distinguish between a small touch, which can easily result in a player taking a tumble, and a player with the same amount of contact making a meal of it. 

Massive statement ? I’m not sure it is.
I am struggling to think of another sport where cheating is so routinely carried out , or another sport where so many pundits , management and fellow “professionals” queue up to excuse it and seem at times to actively condone or encourage it.
I cringe every time I hear “ he felt contact so is entitled to go down”
When match of the day have to have three experts who examine five camera angles to see if there was contact..... I think the fact they’re having to forensically examine these incidents tells you enough about the severity of a very large proportion of them .

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Massive statement ? I’m not sure it is.
I am struggling to think of another sport where cheating is so routinely carried out , or another sport where so many pundits , management and fellow “professionals” queue up to excuse it and seem at times to actively condone or encourage it.
I cringe every time I hear “ he felt contact so is entitled to go down”
When match of the day have to have three experts who examine five camera angles to see if there was contact..... I think the fact they’re having to forensically examine these incidents tells you enough about the severity of a very large proportion of them .

Well, having given it some thought I doubt there is any other TEAM sport that is so scrutinised but, yeah, I can't honestly say there are many other TEAM sports that are shown to have as many attempts to cheat.

Again, yawn, it's a very small, but important, aspect of the game that many choose to focus on while ignoring the other positive attributes of football at a higher level. 

Watching a considerable amount of football, even the first 45 minutes of the Chelsea game tonight, consistently shows there are many other aspects of football that are to be admired and, as I've tried to explain, a few that should be discouraged. 

Understand what you are saying with regard to the good stuff , indeed last nights game was full of it, to reiterate what I was saying above however, there seems a reluctance from some in the game to try to stamp it out.
Even dressing it up as “simulation” seems to detract from what it actually is, an attempt to CHEAT and Deceive.
Football has worked hard to clean up the overall game, rooting out homophobic, racist abuse among others but as one thing subsides , this side of the game continues to grow.

21 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Understand what you are saying with regard to the good stuff , indeed last nights game was full of it, to reiterate what I was saying above however, there seems a reluctance from some in the game to try to stamp it out.
Even dressing it up as “simulation” seems to detract from what it actually is, an attempt to CHEAT and Deceive.
Football has worked hard to clean up the overall game, rooting out homophobic, racist abuse among others but as one thing subsides , this side of the game continues to grow.

No argument/debate it's an aspect of the game that has grown at ALL levels.

As I mentioned earlier, the managers, IMO, could have some effect along with consistency from the officials but it's not always clear cut.

With TV coverage widespread at higher levels the managers could easily review and reiterate it's unacceptable, although if a winning penalty is awarded I'm not sure how many would be consistent in this area. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

No argument/debate it's an aspect of the game that has grown at ALL levels.

As I mentioned earlier, the managers, IMO, could have some effect along with consistency from the officials but it's not always clear cut.

With TV coverage widespread at higher levels the managers could easily review and reiterate it's unacceptable, although if a winning penalty is awarded I'm not sure how many would be consistent in this area. :rolleyes:

The manager of Rochdale said something along the lines of the penalty issue, If Alli fall down like that in Russia and we win the world cup I won't be complaining. Got the feeling he thought he fell down easy but it is ok to do it for England. What's the answer ?  I don't think there really is 1 since it is so ingrain into the game now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...