ROADWORKS M8

HSS

7 minutes ago, smfcuk said:

Will the buses be able to go the back roads , the north end isn't leaving till 2.15

Why would anyone, knowing about a big crowd and possible turnstile issues, never mind roadworks, only leave at 2.15 for a 3pm game in Greenock? Seriously, 2.15... a mere 45mins before KO? Really?

17 minutes ago, smfcuk said:

Will the buses be able to go the back roads , the north end isn't leaving till 2.15

If they go through Kilmacolm it shouldn't be a great problem, unless there are bridges with weight restrictions en route.

P.S. If the bus gets stuck, don't blame me.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

Incidentally, the way I always drive to Cappielow is to go through BoW but turn left onto the B778 (it's well before you reach Kilmacolm). It's a windy wee back road but brings you into Greenock in the hills behind Cappielow. 

Turn right  into Bridgend Rd and that brings you into the scheme at the back of Sinclair St.  It's much quicker for getting away after the game too.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Why would anyone, knowing about a big crowd and possible turnstile issues, never mind roadworks, only leave at 2.15 for a 3pm game in Greenock? Seriously, 2.15... a mere 45mins before KO? Really?

Honestly I feel sick even thinking about leaving for a game as late as that.

The same people who leave themselves absolutely no spare time whatsoever tend to be the first to complain because the game is not delayed for them.

I always try to get to a game with about an hour to spare. Couldn't cope with the stress of a last minute panic.

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Been stuck for 20 mins at walking pace between the Erskine turn off and St James East bound now. Was this the case for the buses and fans after the game ?

I got a text telling me about a bad accident so came back Kilmacolm route.