Livingston v St Mirren SPFL Championship 19/8/17

shull

This is a very difficult match, they are a strong, physical side who have a couple of nippy players up front to hit on the counter. Might be ok with a point from this, we have easier games coming up in September when we can recover from losing any ground now.

A win tomorrow would give us a boost after a pretty indifferent start to the season and set us up nicely for the United game. Feel we are still struggling to get the right blend and play as a unit however we have players in the forward areas that will hurt teams.

Looking forward to it as Livi look to be a decent side - I'll go 2-1 Saints Mcackenzie and Reilly

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

This is a very difficult match, they are a strong, physical side who have a couple of nippy players up front to hit on the counter. Might be ok with a point from this, we have easier games coming up in September when we can recover from losing any ground now.

Aye, strange how things change.

The majority, as I mentioned before, predicted Livingstone would be bottom 2, now we're already looking at a point as a bonus?

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, strange how things change.

The majority, as I mentioned before, predicted Livingstone would be bottom 2, now we're already looking at a point as a bonus?

I predicted Livi will finish bottom 2 , and still think they will . Ask me again tomorrow at this time .

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the absence of MacKenzie from the squad on Tuesday.

Was he simply injury free and being rested, or is he carrying a slight injury and was rested?

Fingers crossed he's fit for today, or our defence is going to be makeshift to say the least.

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the absence of MacKenzie from the squad on Tuesday.
Was he simply injury free and being rested, or is he carrying a slight injury and was rested?
Fingers crossed he's fit for today, or our defence is going to be makeshift to say the least.

Interesting. I hadn't noticed that. Hopefully just resting him for today. I believe Buchannan will be an able deputy for Baird.

Any injured players close to returning for this one? Suppose I know the answer to the big two we're missing Davis and Maggenis. 

I really hope Buchanan takes his opportunity and steps up. He's been very poor anytime I've seen him recently and with McKenzie off boil as well, we could be in danger. Btts bet for sure I'd say. 

25 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Interesting. I hadn't noticed that. Hopefully just resting him for today. I believe Buchannan will be an able deputy for Baird.

Definitely resting him. Had Mackenzie played on Tuesday and gotten injured, we'd have had only Buchanan available today. 

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Any injured players close to returning for this one? Suppose I know the answer to the big two we're missing Davis and Maggenis. 

I really hope Buchanan takes his opportunity and steps up. He's been very poor anytime I've seen him recently and with McKenzie off boil as well, we could be in danger. Btts bet for sure I'd say. 

Josh Todd re-start training this week, and Dean Hilson will do so on Monday.

Kyle Magennis has started running again, but Davis is a couple of weeks behind Magennis.

All courtesy of JR in today's PDE.

He's also full of praise for Liam Smith, so I reckon he'll start today. Hope he goes for Stelios too as I reckon we'll need their creativity to breakdown Livingston's well organised defence.

Edited by FTOF

Just now, FTOF said:

Kyle Magennis has started running again, but Davis is a couple of weeks behind Magennis.

Cheers mate, probably hinting that that Davis wont be back until earliest late September though eh? Still assuming Magennis is a wee bit off :( They've been a big miss 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Cheers mate, probably hinting that that Davis wont be back until earliest late September though eh? Still assuming Magennis is a wee bit off :( They've been a big miss 

A pity really as we could do with them sooner rather than later.

43 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Buchanan had a stinker last time we played Livi and was bullied all game by Mullen, including leading up to their goal, I fear this could be the difference between the teams again. 

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He's also full of praise for Liam Smith, so I reckon he'll start today. Hope he goes for Stelios too as I reckon we'll need their creativity to breakdown Livingston's well organised defence.

I'd prefer Eckersley.

Obviously today is Buchanan's big chance to work himself into the team, but I think it's important for big Gary Mac to step up and be the leader at the back he was last season. I thought last week was one of his worst performances with us - looked miles off the pace.

Also, he made me a fair wedge last season on goalscorer bets so the sooner he gets back to form and bashing those bookies the better.

Thought Liam Smith was excellent on Tuesday (the opposition will be better today I know) and was our best player - hope he starts. 

I'd prefer Eckersley.

Eckersley offered very little in a creative sense on Tuesday. It wasn't until Stelios came on that we tore them a new one on the left hand side. I like Eckersley, but just think for this type of game Stelios would be a better option. However, I reckon JR will pick Eckersley.

Just now, FTOF said:

Eckersley offered very little in a creative sense on Tuesday. It wasn't until Stelios came on that we tore them a new one on the left hand side. I like Eckersley, but just think for this type of game Stelios would be a better option. However, I reckon JR will pick Eckersley.

I get the difference between them, and, as you say, Stelios does offer more going forward but, IMO, leaves us wide open at the back.

Rule number one, stop the goals going in.

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I get the difference between them, and, as you say, Stelios does offer more going forward but, IMO, leaves us wide open at the back.

Rule number one, stop the goals going in.

I still think Stelios would be better in a wide midfield role.