QoS Game

Langbank

54 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So what is a far flung fud supposed to do. Wait for telly to be announced and potentially have to pay extortionate fares, or take a punt on a less "fashionable" game in the hope that it isnae changed for TV (as I did). I clearly didnae account for the unfathomable thought processes of the powers that be.

Also, am I not right in saying that BT and Sky sort out their schedules much further in advance.  5 to 6 weeks is not a long time. Unlesss you're a Mayfly.

Just checked Skyscanner...................

22nd/23rd Sep £130

21st/22nd Oct £163

Not quite what I expected. :lol:

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Out of curiosity what were you expecting?

Bearing in mind that you are the guy who it would appear thinks the bus fare from Arbroath to Paisley is too dear.  :P

It's cheaper within a 4 week period than it is on approx. 8 weeks, can't you see the point? :1eye

FFS, I'm out, keep whining, it's what your good at. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's cheaper within a 4 week period than it is on approx. 8 weeks, can't you see the point? :1eye

Oh ffs FS surely even you can see that I'm only having a bit of fun. 

As for your example, if that is indeed the case, then obviously with that example I'd have to concede your point, but I'm sure a seasoned traveller such as yourself must know that it doesn't usually work that way?

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Oh ffs FS surely even you can see that I'm only having a bit of fun. 

As for your example, if that is indeed the case, then obviously with that example I'd have to concede your point, but I'm sure a seasoned traveller such as yourself must know that it doesn't usually work that way?

Ok, cheers.

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh and by the way, 21st/22nd October is the start of half term in Jersey. That's why it'll be more expensive. In fact I'm surprised it's that cheap. 

Right troops. I know you've all been waiting with bated breath, particularly Shull and FS, to find out what did TPAFKA Jersey 2 go for in the end. Did he go for the home game against ICT or did he go pure mental and go for the the away game against the Pars.

Well I can formally announced that I'm as boring a bassturt as Shull and FS have always claimed and I opted for the home game against ICT.  

FS, £80 return with Easyjet. Up Saturday back Sunday. No bad eh?

I can further officially reveal that this thread can now return to being about the QotS game. 

Right troops. I know you've all been waiting with bated breath, particularly Shull and FS, to find out what did TPAFKA Jersey 2 go for in the end. Did he go for the home game against ICT or did he go pure mental and go for the the away game against the Pars.
Well I can formally announced that I'm as boring a bassturt as Shull and FS have always claimed and I opted for the home game against ICT.  
FS, £80 return with Easyjet. Up Saturday back Sunday. No bad eh?
I can further officially reveal that this thread can now return to being about the QotS game. 

The right thing to do since our club will get your cash and no the Pars [emoji106]

• 3 weeks later...

Next home game at what is fast becoming a fortress. Still really annoyed at the change. Even more so as the fans are returning and this ridiculous time might halt that trend. It's not so much the Sunday but the time. Why in hell's name would Alba go for a late afternoon kick off? They pay us peanuts and our club may lose out on thousands.

Edited by stlucifer

We were in danger of thinking this was going to be a cake walk so, as after the Morton debacle, I hope this is another wake up call. We will need to score more than one to win  so I'm hoping for a good performance and another 3 in the opposition's net.

Edited by stlucifer

On 10/09/2017 at 9:12 PM, stlucifer said:

Next home game at what is fast becoming a fortress. Still really annoyed at the change. Even more so as the fans are returning and this ridiculous time might halt that trend. It's not so much the Sunday but the time. Why in hell's name would Alba go for a late afternoon kick off? They pay us peanuts and our club may lose out on thousands.

You honestly believe one game, albeit badly arranged and timed,  would stop people coming to games after this one? :lol:

On 8/16/2017 at 7:21 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Did SG not say a while back that you only receive a few hundred pounds from Alba. 

Indeed.  The money lost at the gate due to stupid kick off times outweighs anything received from TV.  It's a bit of a joke really, I am all for preserving the language but is there a single Gaelic speaker really interested in watching St Mirren v QOS (who wouldn't be going anyway)?

The game itself is a good chance to bounce back.  I would be wary of QOS though, they can do some damage going forwards and our sieve like defence will be even weaker for this one.  Any form of win and I'll be a happy man.

Edited by Kemp

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You honestly believe one game, albeit badly arranged and timed,  would stop people coming to games after this one? :lol:

He only believes what other people believe.

He has no original thought of his own.