QoS Game

Langbank

5 minutes ago, branniganm said:

If we can play like that and win 3-1 then we are in for a good season.  Rode our luck - early off side goal ,  50:50 regards their penalty claim ....

Anywho - COYS !!!!

I doubt it was even a foul (though McCart  shouldn't have let the Queens player get in front of him). Definitely outside the box, regardless. Right in front of us.

Would have taken that beforehand!
Smith (21), Baird (21), McCart (20) and Stelios did well against Queens' wily forward line aided by a stellar performance in front of them from McGinn.
Going forward, I think it's fair to say that in more games than not we'll get a goal out of the Morgan-Reilly-Smith triumvirate.
Only downer is the Josh Todd injury - he's apparently dislocated his shoulder again. He looked fit, has obviously performed in training and played well in the first half.

Always liked the look of Todd when he's played never stops harassing opposition when they have the ball and quite good technically when he have it. TV pictures showed him holding his hand while physio was with him then TV pictures again showed him in dug out with 2 fingers bandaged so hopefully it's a minor hand injury and not the shoulder.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Always liked the look of Todd when he's played never stops harassing opposition when they have the ball and quite good technically when he have it. TV pictures showed him holding his hand while physio was with him then TV pictures again showed him in dug out with 2 fingers bandaged so hopefully it's a minor hand injury and not the shoulder.

His girlfriend was treated for shock on recieving this news. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

I doubt it was even a foul (though McCart  shouldn't have let the Queens player get in front of him). Definitely outside the box, regardless. Right in front of us.

I thought it was definitely a foul, but from where I was sitting it was obviously outside the box, and would have been a bad call by the ref if he'd given the penalty, though TV pictures maybe show differently. McFadden trying to take the free kick inside the box though was just stupid.

Thought both Smiths, Reilly, McGinn and Morgan were all good today. Samson was really solid behind the makeshift defence as well. Dominated his box and took the pressure off. The difference between him and the flappy fat mess in the other goal was huge. Probably should have done better with the goal mind you.

12 minutes ago, norman said:

I thought it was definitely a foul, but from where I was sitting it was obviously outside the box, and would have been a bad call by the ref if he'd given the penalty, though TV pictures maybe show differently. McFadden trying to take the free kick inside the box though was just stupid.

Thought both Smiths, Reilly, McGinn and Morgan were all good today. Samson was really solid behind the makeshift defence as well. Dominated his box and took the pressure off. The difference between him and the flappy fat mess in the other goal was huge. Probably should have done better with the goal mind you.

Christ sake , He was having a laugh . :huh: 

Just in from the game thank God they had a poor keeper we did not play well but we got the result. Again nearly lost an early goal but I suppose that's the difference between the SPFL and the championship. Close call on the penalty look outside but should not have been caught like that. A good result I think best leave it at that and move onto Brechin

Was encouraged by that result today. Without playing as well as we can we came up with a 3-1 win against a good team today. Seen a lot of players mentioned like Liam Smith, Morgan and McGinn rightly so, but a player who I thought had a good game when he went on was Kirkpatrick who is a player who will only get better as the season goes on.

Baird and McCart played well with a couple of lapses but on the whole both had a good solid game and Samson has won me over as I wasn't sure about bringing him back. Just watched the game back on Alba and Cammy Smith nutmeg on Dobbie was a thing of beauty!!!!

5 hours ago, elvis said:

Only one winner here I'm afraid. 

Indeed there was :)

Thought the defence wasn't too bad considering it was put together through circumstance rather than choice and included a boy who only signed on Friday. We've certainly had worse defences this season. Got tested a bit after their goal but did a solid enough job so can't really complain.

Thought the two Smiths were excellent today. Cammy should be in the Premiership next season, either with us or someone else, and I'm glad we have Liam for the full season and not just until Christmas. To think I moaned about us signing another fullback - had we not we'd have been denied the chance to see Gary Irvine being the first defender to be handed a free role today.

4 hours ago, Hoof Hearted said:

2023 crowd

197 came from dumfries

198 :whistle

A terrific win when not playing particularly well and very reminisnt of the Inverness game. We seems to love playing at home at the moment. Will we get over 5,000 buds for visit of Brechin? Very unlikely with less than 3,000 buds there today.

Last week Dunfermline took a few of their chances and we got severely punished. This week Queens didn't and we weathered the storm and scored two goals in quick succession to completely change the complexion of the game. Sign of a good side or a lucky side? Doesn't matter we got three points and the overall performances will improve with key players scheduled to return to first team action next month there is lots to be positive about.

Hopefully United get something from Dunfermline and a saints win next Saturday would see us go back top.

Plenty to be positive about and looking forward to the Brechin game already.

1 minute ago, Mr Zo said:

A terrific win when not playing particularly well and very reminisnt of the Inverness game. We seems to love playing at home at the moment. Will we get over 5,000 buds for visit of Brechin? Very unlikely with less than 3,000 buds there today.

Last week Dunfermline took a few of their chances and we got severely punished. This week Queens didn't and we weathered the storm and scored two goals in quick succession to completely change the complexion of the game. Sign of a good side or a lucky side? Doesn't matter we got three points and the overall performances will improve with key players scheduled to return to first team action next month there is lots to be positive about.

Hopefully United get something from Dunfermline and a saints win next Saturday would see us go back top.

Plenty to be positive about and looking forward to the Brechin game already.

We are a funny old lot at the moment .

When we play well we are as good as anything out there. We have days when we dont perform and it can go either way, last week - too many off the pace.... we got gubbed. This week we still dont hit top gear yet we go on to win and didnt cave in as we would have done in previous seasons.

There is a spirit about this club ( not just the team) at the moment , not the sort of arrogance that thinks we can and should win every game but a belief that when we do lose out , we have the character to regroup, hit back  and move on. That sort of spirit is something that cant be underestimated. We are beginning to enjoy playing at home in front of a crowd who are enjoying watching !! 

It is still early days but this has the hallmarks of a season we will remember for a long time. There are no stand out teams in this league , we have good players , cover in most departments and key players still to return. If we keep peforming  as we have done we  have every chance of achieving success. :thumbs2