Sign in to follow this  
Langbank

QoS Game

Any team that prevents Dobbie and Lyle from scoring has done pretty well.

Room for improvement, but we can't always dominate for 90 minutes.

We weathered the storm for periods of the second half. That wouldn't have happened this time last season.

Thought Baird had a very good game today. He powered through every header.

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Liam Smith sort of gets overlooked but the boy looks a really good player very rarely makes a mistake, always very comfortable in possession doesn't panic when under pressure maybe Hearts will let us keep him.

He is a cracking prospect . Comfortable on the ball, quick feet and decent distribution. He was however getting roasted by the big Queens (no25 ?) with every high ball. Great bit of management by J&J however who realised what was happening and sent Todd over to double up and snuff out the issue .

Baird shaded it for my MotM. He looked liked the experienced old head in that defence. Did the simple things very well and was very commanding in the air and on the ground. Well done, Jack!

McGinn was excellent this afternoon.  A real skipper's performance.

Lewis Morgan is a star. That's all that needs to be said.

Very happy with the result today. Not the best performance, but I wasn't confident that we'd get the win, so delighted with that.

On way home after a great day out. Immense first half. Thought Josh Todd was A1. Smith and Morgan were sublime. Central defence coped well and McCart looked the part. Todd going off kinda ruined the tempo and when Riley was substituted we looked vulnerable. Big Ross Stewart didn't have the same presence and we defended too deep. Still we weathered the storm and James McFadden can safely be called wee fat McFadden the spent force. Well done boys. 3 points you can't get any better

Just now, branniganm said:

If we can play like that and win 3-1 then we are in for a good season.  Rode our luck - early off side goal ,  50:50 regards their penalty claim ....

Anywho - COYS !!!!

Offside goal was at least two yards off side and TV pics showed "penalty" tackle was outside the box.

Would have taken that beforehand!

Smith (21), Baird (21), McCart (20) and Stelios did well against Queens' wily forward line aided by a stellar performance in front of them from McGinn.

Going forward, I think it's fair to say that in more games than not we'll get a goal out of the Morgan-Reilly-Smith triumvirate.

Only downer is the Josh Todd injury - he's apparently dislocated his shoulder again. He looked fit, has obviously performed in training and played well in the first half.

Just now, Julian Banjos said:

Smith (21), Baird (21), McCart (20) and Stelios did well against Queens' wily forward line aided by a stellar performance in front of them from McGinn.

Going forward, I think it's fair to say that in more games than not we'll get a goal out of the Morgan-Reilly-Smith triumvirate.

Only downer is the Josh Todd injury - he's apparently dislocated his shoulder again. He looked fit, has obviously performed in training and played well in the first half.

Will possibly need an op to tighten up his shoulder joint.

5 minutes ago, branniganm said:

If we can play like that and win 3-1 then we are in for a good season.  Rode our luck - early off side goal ,  50:50 regards their penalty claim ....

Anywho - COYS !!!!

I doubt it was even a foul (though McCart  shouldn't have let the Queens player get in front of him). Definitely outside the box, regardless. Right in front of us.

Always liked the look of Todd when he's played never stops harassing opposition when they have the ball and quite good technically when he have it. TV pictures showed him holding his hand while physio was with him then TV pictures again showed him in dug out with 2 fingers bandaged so hopefully it's a minor hand injury and not the shoulder.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Always liked the look of Todd when he's played never stops harassing opposition when they have the ball and quite good technically when he have it. TV pictures showed him holding his hand while physio was with him then TV pictures again showed him in dug out with 2 fingers bandaged so hopefully it's a minor hand injury and not the shoulder.

His girlfriend was treated for shock on recieving this news. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:
10 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Offside goal was at least two yards off side and TV pics showed "penalty" tackle was outside the box.

Falling player's momentum took him into the box and seen them given.  Referee doesn't refer to  TV pics. 

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

I doubt it was even a foul (though McCart  shouldn't have let the Queens player get in front of him). Definitely outside the box, regardless. Right in front of us.

I  was watching on telly. I'll defer to your superior view  ☺

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

I thought it was definitely a foul, but from where I was sitting it was obviously outside the box, and would have been a bad call by the ref if he'd given the penalty, though TV pictures maybe show differently. McFadden trying to take the free kick inside the box though was just stupid.

Thought both Smiths, Reilly, McGinn and Morgan were all good today. Samson was really solid behind the makeshift defence as well. Dominated his box and took the pressure off. The difference between him and the flappy fat mess in the other goal was huge. Probably should have done better with the goal mind you.

12 minutes ago, norman said:

I thought it was definitely a foul, but from where I was sitting it was obviously outside the box, and would have been a bad call by the ref if he'd given the penalty, though TV pictures maybe show differently. McFadden trying to take the free kick inside the box though was just stupid.

Thought both Smiths, Reilly, McGinn and Morgan were all good today. Samson was really solid behind the makeshift defence as well. Dominated his box and took the pressure off. The difference between him and the flappy fat mess in the other goal was huge. Probably should have done better with the goal mind you.

Christ sake , He was having a laugh . :huh: 

Just in from the game thank God they had a poor keeper we did not play well but we got the result. Again nearly lost an early goal but I suppose that's the difference between the SPFL and the championship. Close call on the penalty look outside but should not have been caught like that. A good result I think best leave it at that and move onto Brechin