QoS Game

Langbank

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Suppose it might matter to those who have effectively paid in advance with season tickets, those who like to keep Sundays for family, Sunday footballers etc . 

On the other hand , it will benefit those who work Saturdays ...every cloud and all that.

Mind you i still think its a stupid bloody time !!  

I agree it will be a REAL inconvenience for some.

The again, for others...........................whine time? :rolleyes:

On 16/08/2017 at 11:46 PM, faraway saint said:

Yip, usual "angst" when this happens.

Go or don't go, just stop wailing abut it.

In the bigger picture it doesn't matter that much, except to yourself.

Sorry FS but that's a very narrow view. 

I agree that for the guy who has to travel from Foxbar or Glenburn it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Some of us have paid good money on flights for this game and for it to be rescheduled at such short notice is effin ridiculous!! 

Effin furious about this. 

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, faraway saint said:

The game is about 6 weeks away.

I fully understand far flung fuds make a choice and book travel so this is a major hassle, to say the least.

For the vast majority it's a minor inconvenience, curtailing the bevvy no doubt, but not the end of the world.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry FS but that's a very narrow view. 

I agree that for the guy who has to travel from Foxbar or Glenburn it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Some of us have paid good money on flights for this game and for it to be rescheduled at such short notice is effin ridiculous!! 

Effin furious about this. 

Narrow view?

Read the whole thread before coming back.

Send me £20 with your apology. :lol:

On 16/08/2017 at 8:16 PM, Yflab said:

Spare a thought for a couple of our fans from Jersey who have already booked flights up for the game. Piss poor BBC Alba.

Cheers Balfy,

Third time this has happened to me in recent seasons.

Always a risk booking, but I never realised Alba games had been moved to the Sunday from Saturday 17.15 kick offs, so never even entered my thoughts when booking. ( Flying back to Jersey lunchtime Sunday ) 

Worst one for me was Aberdeen midweek away 2 seasons back, paid £300 for flights and hotel, only for St Mirren to accommodate Aberdeens request to postpone the game.

Booked for the Morton game end of October as well, wouldn't be surprised if they changed that as well.

i won't be booking again, not worth the risk due to the late changes they make, utterly ridiculous.

Edited by Jimmy H

On 8/16/2017 at 9:20 PM, the barrhead teacher said:

Stupid time to play any game of football. Tuesday, Wednesday and even a Friday evening is acceptable, lunchtime at weekends at a push. Call me a traditionalist but 3pm on Saturday and midweek under floodlights is it. Not as if we are rolling in cash as a result of tv deals

On 8/16/2017 at 9:21 PM, the barrhead teacher said:

Stupid time to play any game of football. Tuesday, Wednesday and even a Friday evening is acceptable, lunchtime at weekends at a push. Call me a traditionalist but 3pm on Saturday and midweek under floodlights is it. Not as if we are rolling in cash as a result of tv deals

Did you say this twice for the hard of hearing?

5 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I hope so.. The 5k the BBC will pay the club is insignificant compared to the lost revenue from a smaller crowd and drop in hospitality numbers resulting from the Sunday kick off.

So, altogether now..."Alba Alba..."

You better keep that £5k figure to yourself, more people prefer to post the "few hundred" number, makes it more dramatic. :wink:

I was missing this game anyway due to being away for September weekend. We'll be on the train home when the game is played so I now have the option of blowing my monthly data allowance to watch on iPlayer - so personally i am better off this time.

While normally moves for TV would be only a minor inconvenience there is something depressing about a late Sunday fixture - would rather have had early / late Saturday.

I have real sympathy for the fans who have expensive changes to travel plans. Surely they could decide the tv fixtures in quarter season blocks with four publicised and known announcement dates so that all fans would be able to plan at least a couple of months in advance.

I for one am delighted that it's been moved to 4:10 on the Sunday for purely selfish reasons [emoji3] I'm doing the Inverness Marathon that day and will be finished and have  a :guinness in front of me. Hopefully i can find a fine Inverness establishment showing the game.

The locals will be able to translate the commentator for you [emoji460]

9 hours ago, Jimmy H said:

Cheers Balfy,

Third time this has happened to me in recent seasons.

Always a risk booking, but I never realised Alba games had been moved to the Sunday from Saturday 17.15 kick offs, so never even entered my thoughts when booking. ( Flying back to Jersey lunchtime Sunday ) 

Worst one for me was Aberdeen midweek away 2 seasons back, paid £300 for flights and hotel, only for St Mirren to accommodate Aberdeens request to postpone the game.

Booked for the Morton game end of October as well, wouldn't be surprised if they changed that as well.

i won't be booking again, not worth the risk due to the late changes they make, utterly ridiculous.

You make a good point Jimmy. This has really put me off booking again unless I'm planning on coming up to Scotland anyway. And I guess the better we continue to do, the more likely it is that our games will be moved. I hope I'm wrong for your sake, but I think the Morton game is a shoo in.

I wasn't doing anything on the Saturday, and I'm not doing anything on the Sunday of this particular weekend. This means it hasn't put me out in any way, hasn't buggered up any plans, and hasn't cost me any money, time, or inconvenience.... I'm not happy. I've nothing to moan about here and frankly, that's annoying  the shit out of me. 

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I wasn't doing anything on the Saturday, and I'm not doing anything on the Sunday of this particular weekend. This means it hasn't put me out in any way, hasn't buggered up any plans, and hasn't cost me any money, time, or inconvenience.... I'm not happy. I've nothing to moan about here and frankly, that's annoying  the shit out of me. 

It's denied you the possibility make a last minute decision to take a nice wee run doon tae Largs if it's a nice day.

I'm clutching at straws here. 

Having just about gotten over the devastation of my trip North being effed up by this annoying decision, I'm thinking of giving Easyjet some more free money by coming up on another weekend.

I'm thinking of either the home game against ICT on the 9th Sept or the away game against Pars the following week.

On one hand the home game would provide the least hassle seeing as I'd be flying up Saturday morning and back Sunday afternoon. However, on the other hand I do fancy a wee away game. 

Views please?

22 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Having just about gotten over the devastation of my trip North being effed up by this annoying decision, I'm thinking of giving Easyjet some more free money by coming up on another weekend.

I'm thinking of either the home game against ICT on the 9th Sept or the away game against Pars the following week.

On one hand the home game would provide the least hassle seeing as I'd be flying up Saturday morning and back Sunday afternoon. However, on the other hand I do fancy a wee away game. 

Views please?

I'd go for the away game if you've enough time . 

Here's nice view for you also .

image.jpeg

55 minutes ago, munoz said:

I'd go for the away game if you've enough time .

Here's nice view for you also .

image.jpeg

Cheers Munoz. I'm coming round to that way of thinking.

Is that a nice view, or is it just a nice photo or something that otherwise wouldnae be that great a view? Or does the fact that it's nice and in view, automatically qualify it as a nice view?

Views please? :P