St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 26/8/17

shull

FT 3-0

Easy win in the end. Second half we walked it. Craig Samson was doing keepy ups.

The game was lit up by an absolutely outstanding individual performance from Lewis Morgan. He scored 2 and set up the other, the 3 goals were pearlers from outside the box. Morgan was absolutely everywhere and the United defence couldn't lay a glove on him.

Sadly, he's out of contract at the end of the season. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he leaves us in the next couple of days and today was his last game in a St Mirren jersey. If it turns out that way, quite a way to sign off. If not, we have one of the best players in the league at our club for a few more months.

Early days but it's been a good start. Save for the disaster at Cappielow we've won our other three games comfortably. Promising signs.

Outstanding team performance today. Quality of our goals were brilliant. Morgan was unplayable. Buckie and Baird superb at back. MOM can't pick one 1 to 11 were brilliant. Hope Liam Smith injury is not to bad cos that boy is a quality player. Coys. PS respect to the United fans during the minutes applause.

Too easy , if United have designs on the championship they're about 6 players short. We strolled it and it probably should have been a lot more but we were a wee bit wasteful following some great wide play by Morgan , and the two Smiths. BTW How big , fat and unfit is Fraser Fyvie ?

First game of the season for me due to other commitments and what a game it was! That really was an excellent performance from Saints today, enough so that I've immediately raised my hopes for this season. Genuine title contenders.

The combination of Smith, Reilly and the utterly outstanding Morgan have such a dynamism, energy and quality about them, Dundee united were absolutely rag dolled today.   Wonderful quality of goals as well.

Understand the defence hasn't't been up to much but it was faultless today. I like the back three and the personnel are there for that system. Fingers crossed Smith's injury isn't serious as he filled that role well today, lots of running and intelligent use of the ball. Stelios never stops either. Samson was very assured as well.

I never knew Raymie but thought the applause was a great moment and would have meant a lot to those that did. Always quite emotional seeing the opposition fans joining in I think, so credit to the Arabs. 

Absolute joy to be there today, the best performance I've seen under JR. This could be a very, very special season. 

Edited by the digger