Injury Updates

It would be good to have updates on players carrying injury's.

I realise that tactically we might not want to tell the opposition though.

But it would be good to have an idea of where the injured players were at in their rehab  . i.e. started light training, played 40 minutes in youth game or closed door friendly etc. How many more weeks they are likely to be out etc.

I know that it is not always possible to guess correctly when they will be fighting fit, but just an idea would be an encouragement to the fans I am sure.

It wouldn't have to be too onerous either - say a line or two on each of them every fortnight or so?

Of course it would be better still if a fully fit squad were available...

Nevertheless, we are already showing great promise.. can't wait to see what we are like if everyone, or nearly everyone is fit !!!!!

We do get updates

Jack explains all when asked , I remember when Morgan got injured last season v Ayr and initial fears where he was out for season, was kept perfectly in picture by watching and reading.......

Is there anyone you need an updated on and I am sure someone on here will know

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

was in express Saturday,said hilson and todd started back training,you Kyle started running but a couple of weeks ago and Davis a couple of weeks behind Kyle,so all going to plan everyone back for end of September

Great - that is helpful  - I don't get the express - 

Also a bit worried about Gary Mac!! On song he is a fab leader. But having any and all of these players available will be most beneficial.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Great - that is helpful  - I don't get the express - 

Also a bit worried about Gary Mac!! On song he is a fab leader. But having any and all of these players available will be most beneficial.

Quite concerning regarding Gary going by Jack's interview. A head knock  against Falkirk then went on to play against Morton obviously still suffering symptoms from the knock. Hope he is ok a bad knock on the head can cause serious problems.  

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Quite concerning regarding Gary going by Jack's interview. A head knock  against Falkirk then went on to play against Morton obviously still suffering symptoms from the knock. Hope he is ok a bad knock on the head can cause serious problems.  

Yeah not the best re- Gary but I'm thinking come October we will have a full complement and then be top of the League 'tl the end of the season in a '05-'06 stylee. .:wink:

14 minutes ago, Drew said:

If Buchanan can carry the form he showed on Saturday into future games, any absence of MacKenzie (who seemed off the boil in any event) won't be such a big issue.

Aye, quite often when a players missing another player steps up, still waiting on someone to step into Mallans boots right enough.

Edited by faraway saint

27 minutes ago, Drew said:

If Buchanan can carry the form he showed on Saturday into future games, any absence of MacKenzie (who seemed off the boil in any event) won't be such a big issue.

I wonder how much that head knock against Falkrk had a knock-on effect in the Morton game in terms of Gary's decision making and reactions, both of which seemed uncharacteristically off.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Of course that's also very possible and probable even. Just wondering out loud as he was very out of sorts at Cappielow.

I would hope these days that any head knock was fully looked at and, if any possibility of any effects, he would have not have been considered for the Morton game.

I'm also just making an assumption, based on nothing at all. :wink:

35 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I wonder how much that head knock against Falkrk had a knock-on effect in the Morton game in terms of Gary's decision making and reactions, both of which seemed uncharacteristically off.

Must have been some amount of head knocks on here to explain away some of the poor decision making !! :rolleyes: :P

The scenario playing out now among our defence with injuries, players just coming back from injuries, suspensions etc... does throw into question again the wisdom, or not shown when signing a player who is expected to miss at a minimum the first two months/ 8-9 games of the season.

whats Keith Watson up to? probably  injured too...

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Gary McKenzie out for at least three weeks :(

It' a strange one.  I remember him sustaining the injury v Falkirk ,he required treatment and I remember commenting that I hoped he didn't have to come off. He was doing some neck stretching and massaging his own jaw for the rest of the game ,funny the diagnosis took so long !

The scenario playing out now among our defence with injuries, players just coming back from injuries, suspensions etc... does throw into question again the wisdom, or not shown when signing a player who is expected to miss at a minimum the first two months/ 8-9 games of the season.
whats Keith Watson up to? probably  injured too...

The lack of wisdom? Which defender would you not of signed that's been injured? Eckersley or Davis?