Wee Raymie Balloch

Can everyone I know, and especially all St Mirren fans please share. We are planning a minute's applause for wee Raymie Balloch on Saturday, on the 58th minute of the match v Dundee Utd. Raymie was a Saints season ticket holder and Saints fanatic, as well as a great charity worker. He passed away 2 weeks ago doing one of the things he loved most......a charity bike ride.

I was an apprentice at the P&J engineering training centre with wee raymie in 75/76.  He was indeed a super person.  i met him at the ground maybe a year ago and it  was a great chat.  I didn't know he was gone and won't be at the ground on Saturday but will have my own minute of applause and remembrance.

That wee article completely sums up the teenager that I knew and it is at least a little comfort that he lived his whole life at full pelt.

Maybe something could be arranged between the Tannoy Guy and whoever is in charge of the Scoreboard.

A few informative words at Half Time and possibly some photographs on Scoreboard in the 58th minute.

8 hours ago, shull said:

Maybe something could be arranged between the Tannoy Guy and whoever is in charge of the Scoreboard.

A few informative words at Half Time and possibly some photographs on Scoreboard in the 58th minute.

@StMirrenDJ 

Official account of St.mirren Football club matchday announcers. For all matchday shouts email [email protected]

I grew up in Glenburn not far from Raymie and can remember my brother Gerry playing football in our younger days with Raymie. Met him at the tail end of last season and we spoke about all things St Mirren and his charity bike runs. A selfless wee gentleman who was a credit to himself and his family. Massive buddie and will be very sadly missed by all who had the privelage of knowing him. RIP wee man I'll be paying my tribute to you on sat.

Great idea to have a tribute for a deserving fan and I will certainly be paying my respects.

I would, however, have preferred it pre-match.

I can't help but feel that tributes during the match can act as a distraction to the players.

Pre-match, the players and management also have the option of joining in should they wish.

49 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Great idea to have a tribute for a deserving fan and I will certainly be paying my respects.

I would, however, have preferred it pre-match.

I can't help but feel that tributes during the match can act as a distraction to the players.

Pre-match, the players and management also have the option of joining in should they wish.

I thought the club held a minute's recognition of all fans who sadly passed away prior to the final home league match of the season, and photos and names of those sadly no longer with us were put up on the scoreboard. This allowed players, management and fans to show their respects.

Edited by pozbaird