Hugh Reed & The Velvetunderpants

They were playing down the road from me seeminly a bit of a coup for the hotel bar as the signer has moved to the island. The last time I seen anything so mental was Green Jelly at the cat house. The singer goes on stage with a full wedding dress and vail over his head with flashing lights WTF no idea what the song was about it was just mad watching him go mental. Second song he is stripped to his waist and wearing huge over sized boxing gloves , while the band are playing hard rock the singer goes into the crowd and bangs the gloves on the crowds head mine to. Next up a song about Irn Bru aye he is in a blown up  Irn Bru can now. The place is full this lassie accidentally elbows my pint all over me this my get out card to get home and chill to my own music as much as they were an eye opener it was OTT.

Had to go back to the hotel tonight Sunday as the owners mum's 70th birthday. Was hearing about the singer from last night he was in the first train spotting movie , in a Jacky Shan movie, played a Russian gangster in another as he can speak Russian.  Lived in Beijing last few years teaching English. What a character.  

5 hours ago, stormtrooper said:

Loved the Velvet Underpants back in the 90s - 'Living in Mount Florida' was a particular favourite of mine :D

Centre Stage was that near you ? Used help out with Cloud 9 we took a double decker bus of fans to that place. Good venue. 

4 hours ago, HSS said:

I'm sure HR + TVU used to play regularly in the Irish pub that was part of the Network/Area/Garage.

Paddy O' Brian's Dream or similar ? Think I saw them in there too. They were never out of STV studios at Cowcaddens back then either...

5 hours ago, HSS said:

I'm sure HR + TVU used to play regularly in the Irish pub that was part of the Network/Area/Garage.

57 minutes ago, FS said:

Paddy O' Brian's Dream or similar ? Think I saw them in there too. They were never out of STV studios at Cowcaddens back then either...

mAKE fOR tHE bORDER

tHAT BAND WERE ENTERTAINING AND FUNNY,  cONTROLLED CHAOS.

i'M gOING tO sHOOT mYSELF (aND tHIS TIME i wON'T mISS, iS A cLASSIC

tHEIR vhs/dvd IS a wALK oN tHE cLYDSIDE

a wEE fOOTBALL tALE...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHR_UlUfmYo

bUTE iS lUCKY tO hAVE tHEM