Jamterts

melmac

40 minutes ago, renfrew said:

He is still the director of football and also sits on the board, I guess he will need to sack himself in the future  :lol:

13 minutes ago, Drew said:

Bizarrely, Levein maintains his seat on the board, and continues to carry many of his previous duties as DoF.

Clusterf**k.

Aye, bizarre right enough. :lol:

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, bizarre right enough. :lol:

I should have read back a bit. Assumed Melmac's post was the first on the appointment.

My bad. Please forgive me:(

ETA: or even read forward :ph34r:

Edited by Drew

He has done well at the Scottish clubs where he was manager before. Having him as DoF seemed to be one of the main things putting experienced managers like Billy Davies off applying and after the way Cathro's appointment backfired, it sounds like the Hearts board wanted an experienced manager in to steady the ship. I'm guessing that the ideal outcome for Levein and the board is that Hearts finish top 6 and maybe get into Europe over the next season or two and Levein moves back upstairs and gets to appoint his own choice to succeed him.  With no games at Tynecastle until November and having fired their manager before the league campaign started I can see why their board went for a Hearts 'legend' who has managed them before.

If it doesn't work out it could be an opportunity to thank him for his services during the fans takeover and in helping get them back to the Premiership and taking charge of the team while Tynecastle is re-developed and lose the DoF position at the club and the other board members would have a bigger say on who is appointed as manager in future.

1 minute ago, antrin said:

I think that you're over-thinking this.

Levein is the cheap option.

I agree about that as well, new stand is over budge-t and late, they've had to pay of Cathro and Levein has already on the payroll and I don't think the board could agree on any of the candidates who had applied (and still wanted to be considered after they had been interviewed).

Guest TPAFKATS
Of course not, but their representative gets to vote.  fan ownership is meant to be the model that allows the fans a say and apparently they were so split on a decision that they ended up with a big slab of fudge (no pun intended)

An Ann Budge fudge?

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I thought you were all for allowing people to move on from their mistakes rather than continually raking over old coals?

Last interview I read, Levein was still defending his tactics that night and refusing to acknowledge it as a mistake.

Unless he has since changed his mind, retracted the defence of his abysmal tactics and admitted his error, I reckon you owe Drew an apology for that particular dig!

460 in indefensible yet the new Jambo boss was still trying to defend it when he last spoke about it.

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Last interview I read, Levein was still defending his tactics that night and refusing to acknowledge it as a mistake.

Unless he has since changed his mind, retracted the defence of his abysmal tactics and admitted his error, I reckon you owe Drew an apology for that particular dig!

460 in indefensible yet the new Jambo boss was still trying to defend it when he last spoke about it.

How is it indefensible?

The game was away to a very highly rated team.

Sure we were under pressure but we also had a few chances ourselves.

We lost by a very dodgy goal.

Results are everything, if we'd drawn this relentless point would have disappeared.

Yes, a poor result, would we have done any better with any other formation, considering what we had at the time, well, who knows.

Just now, faraway saint said:

How is it indefensible?

The game was away to a very highly rated team.

Sure we were under pressure but we also had a few chances ourselves.

We lost by a very dodgy goal.

Results are everything, if we'd drawn this relentless point would have disappeared.

Yes, a poor result, would we have done any better with any other formation, considering what we had at the time, well, who knows.

SERIOUSLY?

Are you honestly questioning the tactical wisdom of playing without a striker so that your team never has an out and you invite wave upon wave of attack as you give up posession?

Even players why took part in the game have openly criticized the tactic... which Mr Levein said would be commonplace in a few years!

Why is it not commonplace?

Are you seriously defending the use of 460 or are you just being a Jim Traynor?

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

SERIOUSLY?

Are you honestly questioning the tactical wisdom of playing without a striker so that your team never has an out and you invite wave upon wave of attack as you give up posession?

Even players why took part in the game have openly criticized the tactic... which Mr Levein said would be commonplace in a few years!

Why is it not commonplace?

Are you seriously defending the use of 460 or are you just being a Traynor?

Careful, now...

skidmark will accuse you of being something else that starts with "TR...".