St Mirren v Inverness CT. SPFL Championship 9/9/17

shull

28 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Cafe has been a time consuming money burner as I'm still three weeks away from open day I want one week practicing on friends before opening :) cooking is not a problem for me on the other hand I hate baking its more of a science everything has to be exact.  Scones are good tonight made a chocolate cake. Pain in the ass to .make not sure I want to be making cakes time consuming ! Being on the island is a pain with delivers crockery order some right some wrong. It goes on and on in that way. Will get there :)

I sympathise. Been there but you will get there and life eventually gets easier, good luck

14 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Cafe has been a time consuming money burner as I'm still three weeks away from open day I want one week practicing on friends before opening :) cooking is not a problem for me on the other hand I hate baking its more of a science everything has to be exact.  Scones are good tonight made a chocolate cake. Pain in the ass to .make not sure I want to be making cakes time consuming ! Being on the island is a pain with delivers crockery order some right some wrong. It goes on and on in that way. Will get there :)

Felt that pain!

had a Cafe/Bistro way daan saaf or a few years, bit like St Mirren bought it from owners who were out of steam, enthusiasm and caring, turned it round by using the local butcher, baker f&v and fish shops for stock, baked own cakes, got scones from the baker. His prices meant it was a no-brainer.

took it over as we hit the recession 2008, got local papers, regional radio, church groups and all to tun out for the 'Credit Crunch Lunch', had over forty in for Christmas day lunches as well as party nights, but in the end had to concede we picked the wrong location and sold up. Its incredible how much you have to lay out before taking a penny. All the best with your venture.

2 hours ago, Luther G. Presley said:

It shouldn't matter who the ref is, but when you hear it's Collum you always fear the worst, he is never in control of the game and will definitely make mistakes on Saturday, hopefully the mistakes are in our favour.

The mistakes in our favour would be a 1st with him.  I honestly can't think of any but can certainly remember plenty against us :huh:

Our midfield won't have that big roughhouse  Draper all over them like a virus this time. Any game we play Caley  they always try to 

nullify our midfielders ,usually to good effect. Done it to us for years. For this game I think we will have too much for them and we will

take the three points. If the team applies themselves the same as the Utd. game then we will win.

Coys.

Edited by thomsons dropped it
F****n iPad is a pest.

Very interesting test of the players/management consistency, stamina and desire levels coming up in the next two games. First up ICT who have started poorly but picked up points in their last two.

On paper, We should be too much for them, however more level headed posters will know there aint much difference between most teams in this league on any given day.

then away to High-Flying Dunfermline (whose manager, ex player of ours is one I would have had in at the 2021), a tougher game against a team playing well, again they said that about Dundee Utd and look how we performed that day. I would bite your hand off for six points and two ground out wins any which way. That would put us on a four match winning streak, which is so not us.

First up, clean sheet and three points at home.

The points they have picked up in their last two games were a point at home to Morton and a win against Brechin, Dunfermline pumped them 5-1, this should be our benchmark.
I'm very confident we will have a comfortable win on Saturday, my only concern is the referee having other ideas.

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Any other predictions you'd care to tell us about? :rolleyes:

Lewis Morgan will earn 30+ caps for the senior international team.

Jack Ross will be managing in the English Championship within 3 years.

Don't encourage me, FFS!

24 minutes ago, Drew said:

I predicted we'd put 3 past Falkirk, and 3 past Dundee United. I can see no reason to deviate from that pattern for this one.

3-1 Saints.

Reilly, Morgan & Stelios.

4,052 in attendance.

You're not the only one . Me also . Needless to say I never put any money on it .

I think we're looking good for this one. Lewis Morgan was missing from the game Vs Heart Colts, but played in a properly tough fixture against Netherlands U21s and put in yet another Man of the Match performance. Another big boost to his confidence that allows him to maintain the teriffic momentum he's built up so far this season. In the less competitive game our first team played at the weekend, our main striker got himself a couple of nice goals.

Things are bubbling away nicely at the moment. In the past I'd have had that feeling in the pit of my stomach, that this would be where we'd come off the rails. But I think this group, players and staff together, have a different attitude, a confidence that we WILL win games and NO-ONE will get an easy 3 points when visiting St Mirren Park. 

We've all seen us play well for periods and then choke or just about scrape through on the big occasions, but that seems to have changed recently. Ayr was a massive game, should have been a nervy day...6-2. Raith came knowing a win would effectively save them, should have been tense...5-0. I believe this team has the mental strength to deal with the big games, add to that the technical ability of the players and the strength in depth we'll have when everyone's fit, and I think this could be a special season.

I don't do predictions, but I'll be disapointed with anything other than a win, and won't be surprised if we're pretty dominant. Even against a side who've been a bogey team for us so far in their short history.

COYS!

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Crowd will be back down again as no one travels from Inversneckie, and they aint much of a draw. Probs around 3500-3600. All the pish about the referee is tiresome, score one more than them is the only thought in the players minds.

There will be a poor travelling support as usual from up here, according to Caley Online there will be one bus going down.

Be interesting to see their home crowds as the season progresses. If you think our crowds are officially low,  Caley  do the opposite !!!

If they don't go up this year I think they will be in serious financial shit.....

4 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

There will be a poor travelling support as usual from up here, according to Caley Online there will be one bus going down.

Be interesting to see their home crowds as the season progresses. If you think our crowds are officially low,  Caley  do the opposite !!!

If they don't go up this year I think they will be in serious financial shit.....

Caley wont go up this year, they simply aren't good enough..................... just shows what happens when you have a manager, finish 3rd , win a cup and a cup final and play in Europe and then it all changes.......................

They will still be there abouts and I reckon we need to keep up the Fortress 2021 stats........................

Saints 0 Caley 5 as its worked against Utd.........

As for Collum, being to think every ref in Scotland is a fanny................ For the record some Caley fans I know are also worried its him, BELOW SOME QUOTES

Treated harshly

Some pundits, media and even managers have been pointed in their criticism of him and last season he was moved into the Championship for a spell.

"Sometimes I've been treated harshly," he says. "At times, I'm losing before I even blow the first whistle and that's unfair.

"If you look at the statistics, I don't think I make any more mistakes than any other referees. Many people think I'd like to be the centre of attention, but that's far from the truth.

"Sometimes I'm disappointed with the reaction of people and sometimes it's undeserved. I've never let it affect my confidence, because I don't think that any referee would attend Euro 2016 if they weren't consistently performing.

"I make mistakes, but I don't think I make any more than any other referees, but sometimes people get your name in their mind.

Willie Collum thinks he is developing a better rapport with players

"I try my best and I work hard at my game. Sometimes I need to hide my family away from the criticism and that's when it can be disappointing, when you become a newspaper or a media headline.

"It was difficult at times [last season], but it makes you stronger. Since February, I went on a very good run, my matches were clear of controversy, but if you isolate it, there were probably three matches which didn't go well.

"In a season when I refereed 59 matches, domestically and aboard, I don't think anybody could say that's a ridiculous statistic."

Having committed so much of his life to the game - 23 years, someone reminded him before the Euros - he is adamant that he won't allow criticism to affect his love of the game, or his profession. The games in France, he felt, were a reward for those years of hard work and the sacrifices.

"We need to accept criticism is a huge part of it," he says.

"What disappoints me at times is when people make it personal, or you feel it's a witch hunt and people are constantly talking about you. I would rather people focus on the positives."

AYE SO TRY AND KEEP 11 SAINTS PLAYERS ON THE PARK FOR A CHANGE YA FANNY 

Edited by DougJamie