St Mirren v Inverness CT. SPFL Championship 9/9/17

shull

Will there ever be a game of football involving him where Lewis Morgan doesn't get Man Of The Match? What a player!

We definitely stepped up a gear at 2-2, two fantastic goals from Smith and McShane (who's getting better every week).

Ridgers :lol:

4 minutes ago, davidg said:

That was a very average performance with a fantastic result. Thought we were very fortunate and the score line flattered us. The type of match we would have lost 4-2 this time last year. 

The formation has worked well but today Inveresss set up intelligently, played 3 up top for large parts and dragged out centre halves all over the place. They've had a poor start but I'm sure the will have a good chance of being involved in the playoffs. 

Lewis Morgan is different gravy. 

ICT might have scored another couple, but we hit the post, and missed two sitters, from Smith and Reilly.

So I think we were well worthy of our two goal winning margin.

As others have mentioned we were pretty average until it got to 2-2 and we stepped up a gear and won comfortably in the end.

What a decision by our chairman to ensure that it's us that has Jack Ross, ably assisted by James Fowler,  and not some other team.:thumbs2

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

FT 4-2

Bit of a frantic second half. At the hour mark a basketball game broke out. ICT scored one, then we ran up the park and scored another.

Easy and much deserved win in the end. ICT used to be one of those teams that used to be really stuffy and hard to break down. What's happened up there?

Looks like we've as good a chance as any of the top half of winning this league. When you have Lewis Morgan (motm for Scotland u21's during the week and motm again today) there's certainly no reason why we can't.

That's us gubbed Falkirk, Dundee Utd and ICT already. They were the experts favourites before the season so yeah... why not go and win it.

Whit?....................................................................................................................................................................With this manager?

28 minutes ago, FTOF said:

ICT might have scored another couple, but we hit the post, and missed two sitters, from Smith and Reilly.

So I think we were well worthy of our two goal winning margin.

They could have scored 4 or 5 in the first 20 mins of the 2nd half. 

It really could have been 6 each today. Great entertainment. 

Edited by davidg

M m m m m m momentum building and the result, again.

Presently we are the best in class in this division. The carping and criticism on individual performances within a team effort is noise and peripheral to the present series of results returned.

We are good enough. We make our results and deserve them.

This St mirren team (very much against recent historical trend) are winning when previously we wouldn't or couldn't.

Massive difference in mindset and the fans sense it and respond.

All credit the management and players for an attitude that I can at last relate to.

A team that keeps going and believes. I think and certainly expect we can only improve tbh.

Thank you.

We were sublime today middle to front. Looked like scoring every time we went forward. Wide open at back though and I don't think 3-5-2 suits Gary Irvine. Suits us though and when Liam Smith back it will be better. 2 ICT goals really from nothing. Sliced open. But was never an issue as the whole team has a great attitude and work rate and we simply had far too much for the highland cloggers in the advanced areas. Say it quietly, with Dunfermline showing their soft underbelly from a position of strength, Falkirk, Dundee Utd being really hopeless, I think this could be our year!

Enjoyed that again today, since January it really has been a joy going to watch this team. That joy had disappeared for so many years and only reason to go was habit and a hope things would improve!!

Sammy seems to be getting back to his best, decent save today 1 on 1 with the striker, the nerves that were there when the ball went near him in pre season seems to be gone now

Didn't think Irvine looked comfortable at all today. Liam Smith looks like he will offer more, certainly going forward

Seemingly the 2nd goal is going to Buchanan, (delighted as I had a 5er on him anytime goal at 12/1), Harry Davis should hopefully shore up the defence once he's back

Thought McShane was great today, few dodgy crosses aside he's starting to look real quality. Fantastic finish.

Reilly is just sensational, work rate is superb, I would be trying to tie him up to a new deal now.

Can't say anymore about Morgan, guy is far too good for this league. He will be unplayable this season.

All credit to Jack and James, building something that people will want to come out and watch.

Just now, shull said:

A few St Mirren Fans ( well over 3000) picking on wee Willie Collum today.

Very unfair

I though he had a decent match.

8/10

Seriously and honesty ? Bar awarding the I CT 2nd goal he got very little right despite me defending him on here pre match. I thought that was as poor as I have seen him and I generally think he is ok. Oh and wasn't Sammy excellent today ?

17 minutes ago, shull said:

A few St Mirren Fans ( well over 3000) picking on wee Willie Collum today.

Very unfair

I though he had a decent match.

8/10

I get that you're at the wind up but he was awful. 

Missed two massive penalty shouts, the one on Buchanan in particular was a stonewaller. He missed John Baird swinging a petulant kick at Buchanan as well which would certainly have been a red card. He allowed Stelios to stroll back on the park at the point where he'd been substituted off and was already on the touchline. Kirkpatrick was already at the centre circle by time Collum realised what was happening. He got in the way of play several times, a few of those he impeded players from either side or the ball actively played off him. Consistently allowed the Inverness 16 to fall over unchallenged and though not taken by any claims, did nothing to bring it under control. 

The guy had absolutely no control over the game whatsoever. 

Edited by djchapsticks

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Seriously and honesty ? Bar awarding the I CT 2nd goal he got very little right despite me defending him on here pre match. I thought that was as poor as I have seen him and I generally think he is ok. Oh and wasn't Sammy excellent today ?

Aye Sammy was not too bad .

Decent at the one one to one

Not at the next one to one

Still not convinced with him but thankfully we got Ridgers to feck 

Give him 5/10 

Ridgers 1/10

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I get that you're at the wind up but he was awful. 

Missed two massive penalty shouts, the one on Buchanan in particular was a stonewaller. He missed John Baird swinging a petulant kick at Buchanan as well which would certainly have been a red card. He allowed Stelios to stroll back on the park at the point where he'd been substituted off and was already on the touchline. Kirkpatrick was already at the centre circle by time Collum realised what was happening. He got in the way of play several times, a few of those he impeded players from either side or the ball actively played off him. Consistently allowed the Inverness 16 to fall over unchallenged and though not taken by any claims, did nothing to bring it under control. 

The guy had absolutely no control over the game whatsoever. 

You're just playing the Man again, Bud

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Aye Sammy was not too bad .

Decent at the one one to one

Not at the next one to one

Still not convinced with him but thankfully we got Ridgers to feck 

Give him 5/10 

Ridgers 1/10

Samson was excellent. 3 fantastic stops in the 2nd half. Claimed or punched all cross balls in his six yard area. 

Calm and assured. Goalkeepers are always 2nd favourites in one on one's so it's never something I think they should be judged on.