St Mirren v Inverness CT. SPFL Championship 9/9/17

shull

3 minutes ago, norman said:

We are lucky to have him. A cup winning legend, and hopefully a league winning legend this season. An all time St Mirren great, absolutely no argument.

Stop it

You're gonnae explode :lol:

9 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

He said "Tbf think it's hit one of our defenders so probably correct call."

That is a lack of understanding of the offside rule.

I think you're being fussy with TC's wording  

The bottom line is he wasn't offside and TC was right in his assessment that he wasn't offside. 

5 minutes ago, davidg said:

I think you're being fussy with TC's wording  

The bottom line is he wasn't offside

Agreed, there was no offside because it was a deliberate act by a Saints player to play the ball towards his own goal.

Had it "hit off" a Saints player, as contended by Top Cat, it would have been offside.

You can dress it up as poorly used language.  It  appears to me that he doesn't fully understand the offside rule.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

23 minutes ago, davidg said:

It didn't hit off our player, it wasn't deflected. It was played back (forward from an ICT point of view) by our player. Right call by the referee. 

I'm sure TC does know the offside rule, you're just being a bit fussy about his wording. 

Nope  surely the ICT player is offside as soon as the ball is played.

Skimming through the BBC match report timeline, McGinn doesn't seem to have picked up a yellow. Strange, as when chasing an ICT player who was charging towards our goal, our captain had about three tugs, pulls, and illegal attempts to stop the ICT player's forward progress. Can't understand why he wasn't shown a yellow. Oh forgot, that clown was the referee today. Black & white specs - yeah, I sure do, but our captain clearly should have been yellow carded. So should that diving ICT ponce - not once, but twice, did the bold Sir William of Collum tell him to get up and stop the diving. No yellow card.

Please God, give him Hearts or Aberdeen, Killie or Hamilton games for the rest of this season. Don't want the cnut anywhere near our title run. :D

loved the way we struck back after ICT scored there goals.......front line are awesome with goals written all over them. Big  thumbs up for reilly......the guy is a work horse!

Big shout out for changing the doom and gloom at our not so new stadium...f**k it's becoming a fortress. JR and team are bringing the dream....piece out and roll on Saturdays.

Edited by bababrooks

38 minutes ago, davidg said:

I'm sure TC does know the offside rule, you're just being a bit fussy about his wording. 

How about the wording of this, from the official website match report.

"But Inverness were level again three minutes later when Polworth turned from provider to scorer. The midfielder had got in front of the defence and ran through on goal before rounding Samson and sending the ball into the empty net. The offside flag was raised, only for Willie Collum to deem that the ball had taken a nick of a Saints player on its way through to the midfielder meaning the goal "

"Pooly" indeed.... 

Poor  journalism skills doesn't maybe, doesn't mean the player was onside. 

Well, seeing as you're now picking up on spelling , "doesn't maybe" doesn't make sense.

He was onside, people saying it  was because  it" hit off" or "took a nick of" (sic) a Saints player don't know the offside rule.

8 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Well, seeing as you're now picking up on spelling , "doesn't maybe" doesn't make sense.

He was offside, people saying it  was because  it" hit off" or "took a nick of" (sic) a Saints player don't know the offside rule.

It wasn't a forward pass, it didn't take a nick, it didn't hit off the saints player. It was played back by the saints player who got to the ball first. 

It was onside and the ref, on this occasion  made the right call. 

I'm well aware of the offside rule, spent 10 mins or so arguing with a stupid Jambo at the Scotland game on Monday who kept shouting at Griffiths as he thought he was offside at every goal kick  

Don't know where you sit but it was funny watching the rage from people in the west stand who obviously had a different angle. Everyone around me in the family stand knew it was played back by a Saints player. 

Edited by davidg

16 minutes ago, davidg said:

It wasn't a forward pass, it didn't take a nick, it didn't hit off the saints player. It was played back by the saints player who got to the ball first. 

It was onside and the ref, on this occasion  made the right call. 

I'm well aware of the offside rule, spent 10 mins or so arguing with a stupid Jambo at the Scotland game on Monday who kept shouting at Griffiths as he thought he was offside at every goal kick  

Don't know where you sit but it was funny watching the rage from people in the west stand who obviously had a different angle. Everyone around me in the family stand knew it was played back by a Saints player. 

Great post. Couldn't understand all the abuse the linesman was getting.  Like it or not the officials in their own way came to the right decision, unfortunately it wasn't in our favour.

Sit in the West Stand just level with outside the box. Saint's player played the ball back. Linesman initially confused and raised his flag but almost immediately corrected this. Ref correctly allowed play to continue and we lost a goal. 

Pity that talk is about the refereeing team when both sides served up a great game of football with the result going in our  favour and taking us to the top of the league. 

Edited by St.Ricky

partly agree, though I do think there was bias against st mirren...2 out the 3 penalty shouts which were in my view good ones and the pass back which actually hit a grounded saints player for the second ICT goal was questionable....ref and linesperson were abysmal in my opinion and get paid more than most gate payers get in a week. Collum is a dick but I do agree that there is to much personal shit stirring and not enough positive talk about the top of the leauge team....

Edited by bababrooks