St Mirren v Inverness CT. SPFL Championship 9/9/17

shull

Really, really want us to win this one. Reason, other than 3 points? Next one after it is Dunfermline away, and IF we can beat ICT, allied to the residual Arabs-thrashing FeelGoodFactor...? A large and energised Buddies support will descend on EEP.... Love those energised big support away days - Falkirk stadium was a brilliant atmosphere when McGinn scored a great goal, even though we 'only' drew the game. Tannadice, when we suffered an assault on one of our players to go 1-0 down, again, a great away support. Beat ICT and EEP could be one of those goosebump days. COYS!

From the highlights I saw, ICT looked ok against Brechin.. but after the first, the Brechin player's heads went down and they don't look very good at all - not surprising as they have not really invested in their squad. I would be surprised if they do not finish on the lowest rung this season.

ICT faced the same turmoil we faced after relegation.. cut the wage bill, offload the better players who were on the better money and then take loads of chances with the guys who were available and within their new budget constraints.

I think that they have got a mixed bag. They still have a number of players who learned how to be beaten too often in the Premiership and brought in folk like  Cooper who was not good enough for us and Coll Donaldson who was deemed not good enough for Dundee Utd. (Actually he might be decent in the long term). Iain Vigurs and John Baird will do a job for them, but if they face a St. Mirren team like the one that showed up last Saturday it could easily be a 5 v 1 to the Buddies..

Personally,  taking the 3 points is THE primary target, a clean sheet would be a fabulous bonus, and no injury's would be icing on the cake.. I hope a few others get among the goals.. winning and a spread of guys scoring in a winning team makes a team stronger and more successful - it takes the pressure off of everyone, front to back.

My predictions then :-

St Mirren 4 v 1 ICT  

Crowd      Big

Saints fans       HAPPY  and 

a goal from a centre back Baird or Buchanan  in the mix with Smith and McShane back on the score sheet and at least one from the Morgan.

O W T S G M I   I W T B I T N

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

From the highlights I saw, ICT looked ok against Brechin.. but after the first, the Brechin player's heads went down and they don't look very good at all - not surprising as they have not really invested in their squad. I would be surprised if they do not finish on the lowest rung this season.

ICT faced the same turmoil we faced after relegation.. cut the wage bill, offload the better players who were on the better money and then take loads of chances with the guys who were available and within their new budget constraints.

I think that they have got a mixed bag. They still have a number of players who learned how to be beaten too often in the Premiership and brought in folk like  Cooper who was not good enough for us and Coll Donaldson who was deemed not good enough for Dundee Utd. (Actually he might be decent in the long term). Iain Vigurs and John Baird will do a job for them, but if they face a St. Mirren team like the one that showed up last Saturday it could easily be a 5 v 1 to the Buddies..

Personally,  taking the 3 points is THE primary target, a clean sheet would be a fabulous bonus, and no injury's would be icing on the cake.. I hope a few others get among the goals.. winning and a spread of guys scoring in a winning team makes a team stronger and more successful - it takes the pressure off of everyone, front to back.

My predictions then :-

St Mirren 4 v 1 ICT  

Crowd      Big

Saints fans       HAPPY  and 

a goal from a centre back Baird or Buchanan  in the mix with Reilly back on the score sheet and at least one from the midfield.

O W T S G M I   I W T B I T N

W S N B M 

Y N Y N W T O T L A Y N 

:clapping

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 2:48 PM, pozbaird said:

Really, really want us to win this one. Reason, other than 3 points? Next one after it is Dunfermline away, and IF we can beat ICT, allied to the residual Arabs-thrashing FeelGoodFactor...? A large and energised Buddies support will descend on EEP.... Love those energised big support away days - Falkirk stadium was a brilliant atmosphere when McGinn scored a great goal, even though we 'only' drew the game. Tannadice, when we suffered an assault on one of our players to go 1-0 down, again, a great away support. Beat ICT and EEP could be one of those goosebump days. COYS!

Pozbaird. 

Got to agree. 

But......ICT won't be easy.

For about the last 20 years, I would expect us to win this match then not be surprised when we failed to turn up and missed a chance to progress.

Part of me, through conditioning, still fears that!

Jack has heralded the start of a new dawn and I BELIEVE!

We will win this comfortably... IF we play to our potential and work to the best of our ability!

18 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Jeez . Two wins against them in the last twenty games . :wacko:  Shocking

Time to change that . Records are there to be broken. It's not that long ago our home form was pretty bad and now look at it .