Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
shull

The Politics Thread

Recommended Posts


On 11/8/2017 at 5:25 PM, TPAFKATS said:



You ragin'? emoji3.png

Raging?

On a football forum?

No chance.

Honestly, I think I have only been annoyed on here twice and on both occasions I made it clear in the post.

When I start getting angry about other people having different opinions to me I will quit the forum.

Life is too short.

What I won't do though is waste time conversing with idiots who can't hold an adult conversation and can't tolerate the opinions of others.

You have the debating skills of a child. Go and be with children. I have better things to do.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha,
'Can't tolerate the opinions of others'
As he flounces off

'Debating skills of a child'
We weren't having a debate

'i have better things to do'
Typed at the end of a long winded reply

Quality even by oakstur's standards of self aggrandising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Hahaha,
'Can't tolerate the opinions of others'
As he flounces off

'Debating skills of a child'
We weren't having a debate

'i have better things to do'
Typed at the end of a long winded reply

Quality even by oakstur's standards of self aggrandising

It's a pattern he follows in most threads.

You can also add his selective choice on the subject, veering the original point way off course.

His condescending attitude to anybody that doesn't agree with him.

Then, as you pointed out, he closes it down and stomps off in the huff.

I love him, he makes me laugh. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the draftsman of the Article 50 says Brexit can be reversed, if so wished. Now the EU want to know how much candy the UK are going to pony up to leave.

A conservative guess says the UK will need to pay £40 to 50 billion and tens of thousands of jobs will be lost (and the tax they bring in) as companies leave the UK.

Bar the obvious (Sevco (feckin' cockroaches) of course), how can UK plc afford to loose that money and those jobs?

The independence referendum was essentially lost as Leave could not give figures on how Scotland would be affected by independence. 

How the hell were politicians allowed to sell the UK down the bloody river on the back of fag packet calculations. By any stretch of the imagination, this should have been a two part referendum, one to say willingness to leave and then two once all the figures were known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, melmac said:

So the draftsman of the Article 50 says Brexit can be reversed, if so wished. Now the EU want to know how much candy the UK are going to pony up to leave.

A conservative guess says the UK will need to pay £40 to 50 billion and tens of thousands of jobs will be lost (and the tax they bring in) as companies leave the UK.

Bar the obvious (Sevco (feckin' cockroaches) of course), how can UK plc afford to loose that money and those jobs?

The independence referendum was essentially lost as Leave could not give figures on how Scotland would be affected by independence. 

How the hell were politicians allowed to sell the UK down the bloody river on the back of fag packet calculations. By any stretch of the imagination, this should have been a two part referendum, one to say willingness to leave and then two once all the figures were known.

I am still not convinced we will ever leave the EU.

We should respect the result of the vote but something tells me we'll be facing another Tory leadership campaign before we leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

A leave vote fuelled by lies, prejudice and racism.

In fairness it wasn't just about this.

Many people didn't like the loss of sovereignty and certainly didn't like being told what to do by unelected bureacrats in another country.

That seems a valid reason to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

In fairness it wasn't just about this.

Many people didn't like the loss of sovereignty and certainly didn't like being told what to do by unelected bureacrats in another country.

That seems a valid reason to me.

I'm sure it will be of great comfort to them that no "Johnny Foreigner" is telling them what to do, when they've got no job, no pension and the country has gone down the shitter. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, melmac said:

So the draftsman of the Article 50 says Brexit can be reversed, if so wished. Now the EU want to know how much candy the UK are going to pony up to leave.

A conservative guess says the UK will need to pay £40 to 50 billion and tens of thousands of jobs will be lost (and the tax they bring in) as companies leave the UK.

Bar the obvious (Sevco (feckin' cockroaches) of course), how can UK plc afford to loose that money and those jobs?

The independence referendum was essentially lost as Leave could not give figures on how Scotland would be affected by independence. 

How the hell were politicians allowed to sell the UK down the bloody river on the back of fag packet calculations. By any stretch of the imagination, this should have been a two part referendum, one to say willingness to leave and then two once all the figures were known.

That happened to the UK back in the early 7ts , I'm afraid and Scotland was sold down the river by the likes of fellow commie , Tony Benn who lied about Scotlands oil revenue at the time  as the SNP were gathering strength . .

The Fourth Reich Europe is nothing short of an insidious , totalitarian, super state . Despite the propaganda it will be better when UK gets its independence back . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst the latter part of my grumble was exactly that,  paying over £40 to 50 billion (poss a lot more) for nothing in return and losing thousands of jobs which wont return, its nothing more the economic terrorism / suicide. Irish nationality, here I come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whilst the latter part of my grumble was exactly that,  paying over £40 to 50 billion (poss a lot more) for nothing in return and losing thousands of jobs which wont return, its nothing more the economic terrorism / suicide. Irish nationality, here I come.

Dont worry.
What's £40 or 50 billion more when the UK is already almost £2 trillion in debt.
The government will blame it on benefit scroungers, the middle classes will work on until they die and continue to loathe the lower classes while the upper class and super rich pay little or f**k all tax.
You'll miss all the fun living in the European super state

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh I think we will survive without the EU. :lol:

 

I'm sure you won't be using the smiling emoticon when one of the first things to go are research grants for further education facilities.:wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite all the rhetoric , the U.K. is Germany's biggest trade partner and Germany runs Europe , so the Germans need us and need to reach an amicable agreement . Even if their pay off was £50 billion , in around 5 years we would recoup that because our annual tribute would stop . .and how would they enforce payment anyway , f**kem

l don't understand why anyone who wants to live in a democracy would want to be part of the German European superstate , especially after what they did to Greece. .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure you won't be using the smiling emoticon when one of the first things to go are research grants for further education facilities.:wink:

 

I am sure I wouldn't give a f**k for two reasons. Firstly we have too many universities engaging in useless research. Secondly, I don't work in further education. :blink:

Personally I would like to see fewer universities and an increase in colleges.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Despite all the rhetoric , the U.K. is Germany's biggest trade partner and Germany runs Europe , so the Germans need us and need to reach an amicable agreement . Even if their pay off was £50 billion , in around 5 years we would recoup that because our annual tribute would stop . .and how would they enforce payment anyway , f**kem
l don't understand why anyone who wants to live in a democracy would want to be part of the German European superstate , especially after what they did to Greece. .

I don't want to live in a European superstate whether it's German or any other nation.
I do enjoy freedom of movement and free trade though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Up at "stupid o clock" again....................another problem to solve.............................:lol:

It's called running your own business. I choose my hours as and when it suits and I quite like working through the night. I also prefer to catch sleep in bursts of a few hours rather than taking large 8 or 9 hour blocks.

Not that it is any of your fecking business. Concentrate on your own life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's called running your own business. I choose my hours as and when it suits and I quite like working through the night. I also prefer to catch sleep in bursts of a few hours rather than taking large 8 or 9 hour blocks.

Not that it is any of your fecking business. Concentrate on your own life.

Oh, more irony. :1eye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:


I don't want to live in a European superstate whether it's German or any other nation.
I do enjoy freedom of movement and free trade though.

I have never experienced any problems moving around Europe , even when visiting communist Yugoslavia ( don't tell shull) on two occasions . Historically we were a seafaring nation that traded with the world , Europe traded with Europe . Times have changed but their "free" trade  isn't free and comes at a steep price . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have never experienced any problems moving around Europe , even when visiting communist Yugoslavia ( don't tell shull) on two occasions . Historically we were a seafaring nation that traded with the world , Europe traded with Europe . Times have changed but their "free" trade  isn't free and comes at a steep price . .

I suspect that price will be getting steeper.
Time will tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×