Great strip

I remember that game so clearly and at the time almost gave up watching football because I thought it was so corrupt. 

We're beating one of the two cheeks and the only way  they can win is to get two penalties?

Well, the first one is a penalty but the second one, f**k you Kenny Hope. 2  minutes to go and  you just couldn't wait to give them the chance to win the game from the spot.

Yes, I know it was 35 years ago and I'm still angry...I'll go for a walk and deal with it.

Guest TPAFKATS
I remember that game so clearly and at the time almost gave up watching football because I thought it was so corrupt. 
We're beating one of the two cheeks and the only way  they can win is to get two penalties?
Well, the first one is a penalty but the second one, f**k you Kenny Hope. 2  minutes to go and  you just couldn't wait to give them the chance to win the game from the spot.
Yes, I know it was 35 years ago and I'm still angry...I'll go for a walk and deal with it.

And once you've dealt with it and just to get you in the mood for tomorrow replace Kenny Hope with Ross Tokely.

1 hour ago, chalky1 said:

The good old days of Sportcsene & Scotsport when highlights of the game lasted about 25 mins

Indeed. Now we have three or four "pundits" analysing the 90 seconds of highlights for twenty minutes. If they got shot of these unnecessary hangers on concentrated more on showing the actual footage they could probably get more folk interested.

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Indeed. Now we have three or four "pundits" analysing the 90 seconds of highlights for twenty minutes. If they got shot of these unnecessary hangers on concentrated more on showing the actual footage they could probably get more folk interested.

Used to remember watching Sportscene on a Saturday night, then straight to bed. Sunday was getting my dinner finished so I could sit and watch Scotsport, lol

On 09/09/2017 at 8:53 AM, stlucifer said:

No they wouldn't. They could show 25 mins of any Scottish game and cut back on the pundits and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. Not these days when there's wall-to-wall live EPL games on, live English Championship games, live Scottish games, live La Liga games.... live Bundesliga, Seria A, Erdivisie, MLS, internationals.... FFS there's live games moved to BBC Sheep Shagger TV with Teuchter commentators... the days of 25 min highlights and Arthur Montford's jackets were the days when a live game was a big deal. It was the cup final, the World Cup, or Scotland v England in the home internationals. Not only that, but you had to watch the live game as it happened. No TV hard-drive to record a zillion hours of TV onto.

These days, the best bit about Scottish highlights shows is Thommo's beard. MoTD remains an excellent highlights show for English top flight football with good highlights and good punditry - but there's no chance of a Scottish version being required or made these days.

Kinda' sad isn't it? In the same way it's sad Love Street, Fergie's Furies, and the Glasgow Apollo are gone. C'est La Vie, as they say in Italy.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

No they wouldn't. They could show 25 mins of any Scottish game and cut back on the pundits and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. Not these days when there's wall-to-wall live EPL games on, live English Championship games, live Scottish games, live La Liga games.... live Bundesliga, Seria A, Erdivisie, MLS, internationals.... FFS there's live games moved to BBC Sheep Shagger TV with Teuchter commentators... the days of 25 min highlights and Arthur Montford's jackets were the days when a live game was a big deal. It was the cup final, the World Cup, or Scotland v England in the home internationals. Not only that, but you had to watch the live game as it happened. No TV hard-drive to record a zillion hours of TV onto.

These days, the best bit about Scottish highlights shows is Thommo's beard. MoTD remains an excellent highlights show for English top flight football with good highlights and good punditry - but there's no chance of a Scottish version being required or made these days.

Kinda' sad isn't it? In the same way it's sad Love Street, Fergie's Furies, and the Glasgow Apollo are gone. C'est La Vie, as they say in Italy.

I disagree. IF they made a better product with more actual footage of the game it would be shown at a time when English/Spanish/German/French/Dutch/Norwegian/Timbuckfeckintooan games were not being shown I think there would be an audience willing to watch.

And you just can't come away with German statements and claim them as Italian. Ridiculous!

• 2 years later...