Watering the pitch

Is it just me or is our pitch being overwatered? It always looks in pretty good condition but week in week out our own players lose their footing as much as opponents, particularly in early parts of games. Spraying before kick off might make the ball zip, but we were undermined a number of times in first half with slips at inopportune times. A number of players changed boots for longer studs today at halftime but surely this is happening too often to be of benefit to us as the home team

Surely the players should be aware of this by now and wear longer studs from the start? Let the opposition slip all they want.

Would agree with that but our players seem to slip just as much as opposition. You would think that there would be some discussion with groundskeeper. Suspect it's the last minute watering that keeps catching players out.

I did notice the sprinkler springing into action around the penalty area at the home end as soon as Inverness elected to switch ends. I did wonder if this was a deliberate tactic as we were to be attacking that end? I didn't wonder about it too intensely though...

Edited by Soctty

Guest TPAFKATS
I did notice the sprinkler springing into action around the penalty area at the home end as soon as Inverness elected to switch ends. I did wonder if this was a deliberate tactic as we were to be attacking that end? I didn't wonder about it too intensely though...

It certainly put ridgers of his stride

It beggars belef.  The players are out for 15-20 minutes, warming up, getting used to the pitch conditions etc. 

As soon as they go off, on come the feckin sprinklers.  By the time the teams come out pitch conditions are nothing like they were and everyone starts falling.

Don't we get enough rain in Paisley already??