Gary McKenzie

4 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Need Gary back for this weekend to nullify Izepeku up front and Berra at corners

4 hours ago, antrin said:

My thought was that this would be a job for big ruffty-tuffty Kirk.

Or are you thinking of doing it mob-handed?

All Saints should be concentrating on, is having those forwards knock in a wheen of goals.

Similar to Antrim, are you Turra expecting Gary MacK to play if he is fit and therefore dropping 1 of the other 2 CB's or thinking we will play with 3 CB's?

IF the later, it would hardly have us playing in an attacking formation - with our current full backs who are not really great wing backs.

What is more significant is that we can break fast rather than have a more defensive set-up surely?   

Guest TPAFKATS
Similar to Antrim, are you Turra expecting Gary MacK to play if he is fit and therefore dropping 1 of the other 2 CB's or thinking we will play with 3 CB's?
IF the later, it would hardly have us playing in an attacking formation - with our current full backs who are not really great wing backs.
What is more significant is that we can break fast rather than have a more defensive set-up surely?   
McGinn is very good at getting forward. We could play a covering midfielder.

I don't think JG will change to 3 at the back though as he's quite set on 4 at the back, plus hearts play with at least one winger.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

McGinn is very good at getting forward. We could play a covering midfielder.

I don't think JG will change to 3 at the back though as he's quite set on 4 at the back, plus hearts play with at least one winger.

McGinn is better going forwards than Waters, but he is not really a big contributor when it comes to goals or assists is he? I like him and on his day works his socks off, covers pretty well etc. but he is not "Tavernier" like... His main thrust, as you allude to in this game will be to keep a winger or Meshino quiet hopefully.

Like you I doubt JG will play 3 CB's - so which 2 will play this week - I'd expect same 2 as last game. It gives Gary more time to recover and the other 2 played well together and did nothing to deserve getting dropped - right?

If he plays all 3, Waters would be my favourite to drop...

5 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

McGinn is better going forwards than Waters, but he is not really a big contributor when it comes to goals or assists is he? I like him and on his day works his socks off, covers pretty well etc. but he is not "Tavernier" like... His main thrust, as you allude to in this game will be to keep a winger or Meshino quiet hopefully.

Like you I doubt JG will play 3 CB's - so which 2 will play this week - I'd expect same 2 as last game. It gives Gary more time to recover and the other 2 played well together and did nothing to deserve getting dropped - right?

If he plays all 3, Waters would be my favourite to drop...

was involved in a fair few league goals last season for a fb🤷‍♂️

17A65C21-1ADD-4AB0-9140-EF6112E58D14.jpeg

4670C15A-D24E-42D5-A7BD-4A5890351E38.jpeg

1 hour ago, mattman said:

was involved in a fair few league goals last season for a fb🤷‍♂️

As I said he is not "TAVERNIER LIKE"  Last season Tavernier scored 14 Goals in the League and had 14 Assists compared to Pauls 3 and 4 assists - figures below

It is even more exaggerated when you add in the other goals and assists in cup and Europe etc.

Competition Played  Goals  Assists         
Total 18/19: 57 17 20 1 - - 5.034'
Scottish Premiership Scottish Premiership 33 11 14 - - - 2.874'
Europa League Qualifying Europa League Qualifying 8 2 2 1 - - 720'
Europa League Europa League 6 1 1 - - - 540'
Scottish Premiership Meisterrunde Scottish Premiership Top 6 finale 4 3 - - - - 360'
SFA Cup SFA Cup 4 - - - - - 360'
Scottish League Cup League Cup 2 - 3 - - - 180'

I am not knocking Paul McGinn per se - it's just that his significance for us is not that huge going forwards.

52 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

As I said he is not "TAVERNIER LIKE"  Last season Tavernier scored 14 Goals in the League and had 14 Assists compared to Pauls 3 and 4 assists - figures below

It is even more exaggerated when you add in the other goals and assists in cup and Europe etc.

Scottish Premiership Meisterrunde Scottish Premiership Top 6 finale 4 3 - - - - 360'

I am not knocking Paul McGinn per se - it's just that his significance for us is not that huge going forwards.

Would really hold other full backs up against Tavernier given his playing style (he canny f**king defend!) and the fact he takes their penalties and set pieces.

McGinn was definitely more involved in an attacking sense last year, but much quieter this season. I guess that’s part of our tactics, although something I hope is adjusted. We’ve got a couple of players in there that can drop in to his position.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

But still involved in 1/5 of all our goals last season, without being a set piece taker !

Tavernier is pish!! 

Stats 18/19 Compact Detailed  
sc1.png?lm=1404071829&key=3e306d80fa2a4d Scottish Premiership 33 11 14 - - - 2.874'
elq.png?lm=1520938800&key=bbc03063b2796d Europa League Qualifying 8 2 2 1 - - 720'
el.png?lm=1520938734&key=18ff6e9f4abbe08 Europa League 6 1 1 - - - 540'
scpm.png?lm=1521025283&key=3f780931f5970 Scottish Premiership Top 6 finale 4 3 - - - - 360'
sfa.png?lm=1409144831&key=01268940a90b78 SFA Cup 4 - - - - - 360'
scp.png?lm=1468791623&key=1314072d8153d5 League Cup 2 - 3 - - - 180'

How many were set plays?

Yet again you highlight that you know nothing about football! [emoji23]

:1eye

19 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Would really hold other full backs up against Tavernier given his playing style (he canny f**king defend!) and the fact he takes their penalties and set pieces.

McGinn was definitely more involved in an attacking sense last year, but much quieter this season. I guess that’s part of our tactics, although something I hope is adjusted. We’ve got a couple of players in there that can drop in to his position.

Not sure how you think Tavernier cannot defend. His mob are only 1 goal off being joint best defence in the league. Do you think if Paul took our penalties and set pieces his stats would rise significantly? 

I agree he is much quieter this season, but he is no where nearly as good a RB as Tavernier in every sense . . .  :magic

19 hours ago, mattman said:

But still involved in 1/5 of all our goals last season, without being a set piece taker !      Tavernier is pish!! 

There is an obvious reason why he is not our set piece taker and why Tavernier is for the mob. The one who takes set pieces for the mob was the scorer or assister for 17 goals AND 20 assists for goals - was that more than we scored in the entire season? Whereas Paul was effective in 3 goals and 4 assists - WOW ! This season his stats are even worse . . .

You are having a laugh saying "Tavernier is pish" - he is probably worth something like £12 Million - How much is Paul worth? (A free transfer?)  :guinness

50 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not sure how you think Tavernier cannot defend. His mob are only 1 goal off being joint best defence in the league. widely acknowledged that his strengths aren’t in the defensive end, hence why he’s not moved south to a bigger club. Frequently called out in the media, and Rangers fans (the sane ones) accept it. He’s a good player, but requires decent cover from the likes of Jack.

Do you think if Paul took our penalties and set pieces his stats would rise significantly? Wouldn’t class him much as a dead ball expert, but perhaps PKs. Did he score in the playoffs?

I agree he is much quieter this season, but he is no where nearly as good a RB as Tavernier in every sense . . .  :magic Never said he was! There’s a reason why McGinn has never went further than Dundee, Partick our us. Decent enough player at this level though. We could make that comparison to any Rangers player, none of our players are good enough for them at the moment. Hladky is good, but wouldn’t dislodge McGregor this season.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

There is an obvious reason why he is not our set piece taker and why Tavernier is for the mob. The one who takes set pieces for the mob was the scorer or assister for 17 goals AND 20 assists for goals - was that more than we scored in the entire season? Whereas Paul was effective in 3 goals and 4 assists - WOW ! This season his stats are even worse . . .

You are having a laugh saying "Tavernier is pish" - he is probably worth something like £12 Million - How much is Paul worth? (A free transfer?) 

12 million

If he was anything near that value he would be out the door soon as

Sevco is the highest level he going to reach

4 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

12 million

If he was anything near that value he would be out the door soon as

Sevco is the highest level he going to reach

Tavernier has done well at Ibrox. In the first half against us recently he consistently found space to put a cross in. Against Livingstone the other night he was largely nullified and Rangers stuttered to victory. 

6 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You are having a laugh saying "Tavernier is pish" - he is probably worth something like £12 Million - How much is Paul worth? (A free transfer?)  :guinness

Your first point anyway was Paul doesn’t get involved in much goals. 1/5  out of full total proves that wrong. I couldn’t care about tavernier, and aye when I wrote that comment I just watched him look absolutely honking against Livi, so aye he’s pish!

12 million 🥴🤣🤣

Edited by mattman

11 hours ago, mattman said:

Your first point anyway was Paul doesn’t get involved in much goals. 1/5  out of full total proves that wrong. I couldn’t care about tavernier, and aye when I wrote that comment I just watched him look absolutely honking against Livi, so aye he’s pish!

12 million 🥴🤣🤣

He was so honking Livi managed no goals and when we played them they managed a couple right ...

How's Paul's goal contribution this season so far? 0%

He was so honking Livi managed no goals and when we played them they managed a couple right ...
How's Paul's goal contribution this season so far? 0%

Maybe because he’s a defender. When you think about it what’s our strikers goals contribution this this season.

Your post is total bollocks.