Gary McKenzie

On 9/26/2019 at 5:51 PM, Sweeper07 said:

There is an obvious reason why he is not our set piece taker and why Tavernier is for the mob. The one who takes set pieces for the mob was the scorer or assister for 17 goals AND 20 assists for goals - was that more than we scored in the entire season? Whereas Paul was effective in 3 goals and 4 assists - WOW ! This season his stats are even worse . . .

You are having a laugh saying "Tavernier is pish" - he is probably worth something like £12 Million - How much is Paul worth? (A free transfer?)  :guinness

🤣

5 hours ago, ged62 said:

Maybe because he’s a defender. When you think about it what’s our strikers goals contribution this this season.

Your post is total bollocks.

I never set out to wind people up, I simply made some points and used Tavernier as a comparison. HE was the 1st name of a RB that was a real positive in creating and scoring goals that I could think off. For some to claim he is crap and McGinn contributed greatly to our attack is stupid.

I like Paul McGinn. He is a committed player and on his day can be our best or one of our best. 

In replying to some of the responses the whole trail has gone askew - read back and see how we got here.

I suspect that we all  agree though with your point above... we need goals - from right across the team - we don't have any 15 goal per season strikers....

Anyway - Thread about Gary and I am glad he is back to fitness - will he go on the bench or play? I think he will only play if we have 3 CB's which would be a 1st under JG

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

So why did the mob keep offering him improved contracts??????

I think the utter hatred of the mob blurs many of our fans vision - I don't like either of the ugly sisters, but they exist for now...

Blinded by their own personal Bigotry and don't realise it. 

On topic. Great to see big Gary Back in contention. I am a fan of the big guy but even given that, his play this season has improved on last. 

1 hour ago, insaintee said:

I can think of a reason. 

Is it not because he can score loads of goals and that these types are very rare and high value assets?

Because any other reason is surely secondary - right? :turtle

Maybes except they are desperate to stop the other mob getting however many on a row . . . and they need him as he is there best asset for that goal scoring to topple them . . 

For my own interest I wondered what Morelos record was last season 30 goals, a few sending offs and a dozen yellow cards

This season his goals tally is already 40% of what he achieved last year, with no sending offs... i.e. 12 goals in 16 games

Can Gary MacK do this from set pieces please????

30 goals a season from one player - if we had one of those - we would sell him right???  😨

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Anyway - Thread about Gary and I am glad he is back to fitness - will he go on the bench or play? I think he will only play if we have 3 CB's which would be a 1st under JG

Think we,ll go with three central defenders and McGinn and Waters as wingbacks , Durmus / McAllister will make way for G Mac . Think we,ll go for two up front , and any free kick in the opposition's half will involve the three big men getting in the box .

9 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Think we,ll go with three central defenders and McGinn and Waters as wingbacks , Durmus / McAllister will make way for G Mac . Think we,ll go for two up front , and any free kick in the opposition's half will involve the three big men getting in the box .

Sky saying this morning than Gary is still out injured . . .  we will soon see.

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
22 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
What just like Morelos when the big bids came in for him???

What big bids came in for morelos? The one from China was not as reported in our media.

Of course these bids are not in the public domain, however, the press certainly reported various things which may or may not have been true.

BUT why would they offer him several improved contracts in such a short period of time? 

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Of course these bids are not in the public domain, however, the press certainly reported various things which may or may not have been true.

BUT why would they offer him several improved contracts in such a short period of time? 

The usual reasons for boosting a players contract are A. To keep him sweet. B. To extend his stay. C. In both of these, increase his Transfer Value. I'd guess those were the motivations. 

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Of course, it was ALL f**kin untrue!  Public domain - utter bollox.

The 'chinese' clubs, that were reported interested, already had their fixed number of foreign players.  None had ever countenanced paying the daft ¥ cited for any player previously and it was at the very end of their signing window, which meant the possibility of Morelos going to china was past almost as soon as the rumours surfaced in the papers er… in the "public domain"..

In amazing coincidence, the rumours emerged at the same time Sevco needed more funds.  Season Tickets, Anyone?