Disgrace

2 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Sorry we missed you Ian.  The Elizabethan was a brisk 10 minute stroll away except for maybe the "the old obese f**ker at the back of the stand screaming at the ref  that oaky mentioned who may have done it in 20 barring heart attacks, seizures etc. We kept a seat for you and your good lady but it turned out the organisation at pub was run by the same crew that were stewarding the ground.

At 1.15pm we were told they couldn't take any more food orders because people had sat at the two big tables and they were dealing with their order first. Maybe it was the old obese F**ker and his mates who had ordered an awful lot of food but It was quite bizarre that a pub/restaurant that clearly advertises its speciality in serving food couldn't cope when lots of tables were spare. It wasn't football traffic they were turning away, it was old wrinkly regulars who looked like they had eaten there every Saturday for the last 70 years.  Maybe Dunfermilne is a really quite place that is only able to cope with crowds smaller than 4 men and a dug. 

Anyway after meeting our friends and having a small refreshment we did the 10 minute brisk walk having chosen to leave it late. Why sit in a poxy football stadium watching an empty pitch staring at obese old F**kers when you can have a pint instead. A day out at the football is not just about the football for some of us. If our entry had been delayed because of like minded supporters and I missed the start. Fair do's I would accept that. It's a risk of the strategy I adopt.

The reason most of us missed the start of the match was not because of the time we turned up but because the stewards were inept. The system the club had employed was seriously flawed and the chief stewards couldn't deal with a situation and system that was clearly adding to the problem. Fans who's tickets didn't open the turnstiles were being sent by the turnstile operator (not really a good description of someone who couldn't open an automated turnstile) to the steward who would open another gate, tear the stub from their ticket and let them in manually.

About 1 in 5 tickets didn't work which meant every one behind the stranded defunct ticket holder had to back out the turnstile and move back the queue to get out. This was even more complicated if the said useless ticket holder was was an old obese F**ker.

The organisation was a complete shambles and the chaos was exacerbated by inept leadership amongst the stewards who would have been better deployed at gates tearing off ticket stubs instead of watching people sometimes going through turnstiles that didn't work 20% of the time.

Being late wasn't the problem. The issue was Dunfermilne FC ,who like the Elizabethan weren't geared up to deal with anything more than the statutory 4 men and a dug and if they had been the only ones who had turned up and they had deviated from their normal routine, let's say the dog stopped for a pish at a different spot than normal, it would probably have flummoxed the head steward and two of the men and probably the dug would have missed the start of the match as well.

The only thing more pathetic than the stewarding fiasco was Oaksy's suggestion than late coming fans are somehow inferior to the punctual ones like him, unless they are old, obese f**kers of course.    

That's a quality rant right there. :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
Again I stress that I said BOTH the club and fans need to take responsibility.
I don't know who you are trying to convince here TBH. If you turn up at that sort of time you will always risk something going wrong because you leave almost no margin for error - a traffic jam, problems at the turnstile etc.
You can't control what Dunfermline do but you can control what you do.

I've never been caught up in a traffic jam while trying to enter a football ground.

57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Again I stress that I said BOTH the club and fans need to take responsibility.

I don't know who you are trying to convince here TBH. If you turn up at that sort of time you will always risk something going wrong because you leave almost no margin for error - a traffic jam, problems at the turnstile etc.

You can't control what Dunfermline do but you can control what you do.

Someone earlier on in this thread said they turned up at 2.30 and still never got in till after kick off. That's not good enough. Anyone that turns up closer to kick off, fair enough getting  in 5/10 mins late, but 30 mins later?

31 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Someone earlier on in this thread said they turned up at 2.30 and still never got in till after kick off. That's not good enough. Anyone that turns up closer to kick off, fair enough getting  in 5/10 mins late, but 30 mins later?

I agree, which is why I said the club were partly to blame.

Edited by oaksoft

26 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I take it you were not in attendance so did not see the chaotic secenes at the gate. You cant blame fans for a ticketing farce the like i have never seen at any away ground. 

I was there. I arrived between 2 and 2.10pm just as the ticket office queue started. It was chaotic but because I arrived early, I got into the ground in plenty of time.

I seem to keep having to repeat myself. THE CLUB WERE PARTLY TO BLAME.

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I was there. I arrived between 2 and 2.10pm just as the ticket office queue started. It was chaotic but because I arrived early, I got into the ground in plenty of time.

I know you wrote that its the partly bit i dont get. I was also there at 2pm. Normaly i enyoy a beer or two or three before a game and turn up at 10 min before kick off never been late for a game yet for me its part of going to the football and chatting with fellow fans , its quite enjoyable you should try it. Pubs not only sell alchol you can get tea , coffee and something to eat, watch a live game. Its also warm with toilets with soft toilet paper pubs have moved on its 2017Had Dunfermline did their part by sending tickets to Paisley problem solved. Falkirk fans had the same problem as us. The mentality at East End Park is from being in the seaside league with low volume visiting fans. 

I know you wrote that its the partly bit i dont get. I was also there at 2pm. Normaly i enyoy a beer or two or three before a game and turn up at 10 min before kick off never been late for a game yet for me its part of going to the football and chatting with fellow fans , its quite enjoyable you should try it. Pubs not only sell alchol you can get tea , coffee and something to eat, watch a live game. Its also warm with toilets with soft toilet paper pubs have moved on its 2017Had Dunfermline did their part by sending tickets to Paisley problem solved. Falkirk fans had the same problem as us. The mentality at East End Park is from being in the seaside league with low volume visiting fans. 

Hear hear

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

All gates should accept credit cards.

All seats should be unallocated.

If that had been a music gig, fans would have turned up at a sensible time - about an hour before kickoff.

Music gig is a shite comparison. 

They would have turned up with a pre-purchased ticket for an allocated seat. 

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Yes but they would still have to pass through security to get in.

If music fans behaved like football fans and turned up en masse just a few minutes before the main event started there would be f**king chaos - regardless of whether they had prepaid and regardless of whether they had an allocated seat.

It's a pretty reasonable comparison actually.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I know you wrote that its the partly bit i dont get. I was also there at 2pm. Normaly i enyoy a beer or two or three before a game and turn up at 10 min before kick off never been late for a game yet for me its part of going to the football and chatting with fellow fans , its quite enjoyable you should try it. Pubs not only sell alchol you can get tea , coffee and something to eat, watch a live game. Its also warm with toilets with soft toilet paper pubs have moved on its 2017.

It's always enjoyable chatting to you on the forum when you post stuff like this.

Problem is IOBS, what you are describing sounds like heaven for guys like you and I'm glad you enjoy it.

For me, this sounds like absolute hell on earth. I am not interested in alcohol because I am not 17,  certainly not during the day FFS, and people by and large bore me. Finally, I would rather nail my balls to a Morton flag than take a shit in a pub during matchday even if the toilet paper was served personally sheet by sheet by Rachel Riley. When I go to matches, you will find me as far away from everyone else as I can get. Solitude. That is my idea of heaven and I am perfectly happy when I get it. I intend to die alone so far from civilisation that when my body is found, it has turned into coal. :lol:

Christmas Day on my own with the fire on, a mug of tea and Chrismas carols on the radio. Bliss. 

And if it wasnt for those damn pesky kids and my wife, that is what I would want Santa to bring me. :D

Guest TPAFKATS

Yeah.
I would've pre purchased, if there was an option. Of course folk turn up early at a music gig to see the pre show acts and use the bar facilities.
We actually re checked the official St Mirren website once we arrived in Dunfermline, still said pay at the gate. This was prior to 2pm, so we went to the pub knowing that we should be able to turn up at 245 and pay our cash to get in.
Even then the stewards told there was a cash turnstile and a ticket only turnstile. After 3 the queue still hadn't moved so we went to the main stand.
Main stand was also ticket only, so we had to go to the home ticket portacabin. Out of the 3 tickets we bought, only 2 worked. The steward had to get a supervisor from the home stand to come round and let my mate in. Tickets were allocated to individual rows and seat but once in stewards told us to sit wherever.

Steak bridies were good though and the machine gun toting polis made me feel safe as I wandered halbeath rd looking to get into the game.

15 minutes should be plenty of time to get through a cash turnstile at that size of ground with that size of crowd.

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If music fans behaved like football fans and turned up en masse just a few minutes before the main event started there would be f**king chaos - regardless of whether they had prepaid and regardless of whether they had an allocated seat.

Shite comparison. 

As you said, music fans have a main event as there's almost always one or more support acts to entertain people before the "main event". 

It's perfectly reasonable to be at the turnstiles 30 minutes before kick off and expect to gain entry in ample time before the ONLY event starts. 

This was a stadium over 40% short of capacity FFS. 

Edited by davidg

24 minutes ago, davidg said:

Shite comparison. 

As you said, music fans have a main event as there's almost always one or more support acts to entertain people before the "main event". 

It's perfectly reasonable to be at the turnstiles 30 minutes before kick off and expect to gain entry in ample time before the ONLY event starts. 

This was a stadium over 40% short of capacity FFS. 

I am not sure I posted anywhere about 30 minutes not being enough time.

Where are you getting that from?

I always try to get there an hour early but I didnt say anything about 30 minutes AFAIK.

In fact I have a post on this page which agrees with someone else talking about arriving at 2.30 being enough time.

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I am not sure I posted anywhere about 30 minutes not being enough time.

Where are you getting that from?

I always try to get there an hour early but I didnt say anything about 30 minutes AFAIK.

In fact I have a post on this page which agrees with someone else talking about arriving at 2.30 being enough time.

You're the only one talking about turning up en masse a few minutes before kick off and making the ridiculous comparison to a music gig. 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The club were ENTIRELY to blame ya plum!

56 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Music fans aren't told what time the act comes on though. Tickets only state the time the doors open.

Bands normally boot the arse out of it in fact and turn up on stage hours after doors open.

The club were the only people to blame. If everyone had turned up at 2 pm, some people would have still have missed kick off. The queue started at around 2pm and everyone was finally in around 3.20, going by what's been posted on here. People arriving at different times should have actually helped, if everyone had actually turned up at 2pm, like some idiots seem to think they should have, it would have been worse.

Out of curiousity i decided to go on to the pars official website today to look at what info they had put on about tickets for the game

Their website shows wednesday 13th Sept

Away support

St.Mirren fans will be housed in the East stand. 

St.Mirren fans should report to the away ticket kiosk, located at the rear of the East stand

Now thats a bit different from patg

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Not sure if this has already been said, but apart from the shambles before the game, it also took 30 minutes to get out the car park.

FFS

That's the final straw.

It's time Dunfermline Athletic Football Club was fecking shut down.

Cnuts  :angry:

Dunfermline were absolutely culpable and need to lrarn from this.
Anyone arriving at 2.30pm or before and missing the start has my full sympathy.
Anyone arriving after 2.30pm was then in an atea of higher risk.

We knew there was going to be a big crowd and there was indeed.

Back in Fergies day, they put on pre match entertainment not so much for our benefit, but to encourage the crowd to turn up early.

The earlier you turn up, the lesser chance of a mishap.

I state again... Dunfermline FC are primarily to blame... but not solely.