Disgrace

7 hours ago, Warwick Hunt said:

What about the queue at Dunfermline?

Drove past today. The queue has gone now. No queues of angry buds at the front desk waiting to complain. Perhaps all that typing on this forum has tired out the poor wee souls. Or maybe they have found something else to moan about. I will check the rest of the forum.

Following the issues with gaining entry to the match last Saturday away to Dunfermline, St.Mirren SLOs have been in conversation with Dunfermline SLO Drew Main in an effort to determine the circumstances for the delays.

Several reasons (with hindsight) have been identified and will be addressed for future matches between both clubs.

> anticipated travelling support was considerably less than the 1400 saints fans who turned up on the day.
> tickets could have been made available to St.Mirren for sale beforehand.
> review to be undertaken with security / stewards to improve co-ordination.

It should be noted that the reason for the 'tickets from the pod' changing to 'pay at the gate' was a reactionary decision by DAFC to try and speed up entry to the stadium.

Directors of both clubs have expressed sincere apologies to those caught up in the delays and have given assurances that lessons have been learned from the situation to try and ensure there will be no repeat

The St.Mirren SLOs will also advise other SLOs and clubs in the division of the issues encountered to allow them to consider preparation plans for St.Mirren’s remaining away games

Thank you to those who contacted us

john white / john allison
St.Mirren Supporter Liaison Officers

Drew Main one of Dunfermline’s SLO’s also stated 
Games at East End Park are always much better spectacles when the visiting club brings a sizeable support such as St. Mirren did on Saturday, and I sincerely hope as many St. Mirren fans will consider visiting again when your team returns on 27th January.

21 minutes ago, thewhiteman said:

Following the issues with gaining entry to the match last Saturday away to Dunfermline, St.Mirren SLOs have been in conversation with Dunfermline SLO Drew Main in an effort to determine the circumstances for the delays.

Several reasons (with hindsight) have been identified and will be addressed for future matches between both clubs.

> anticipated travelling support was considerably less than the 1400 saints fans who turned up on the day.
> review to be undertckingaken with security / stewards to improve co-ordination.

It should be noted that the reason for the 'tickets from the pod' changing to 'pay at the gate' was a reactionary decision by DAFC to try and speed up entry to the stadium.

Directors of both clubs have expressed sincere apologies to those caught up in the delays and have given assurances that lessons have been learned from the situation to try and ensure there will be no repeat

The St.Mirren SLOs will also advise other SLOs and clubs in the division of the issues encountered to allow them to consider preparation plans for St.Mirren’s remaining away games

Games at East End Park are always much better spectacles when the visiting club brings a sizeable support such as St. Mirren did on Saturday, and I sincerely hope as many St. Mirren fans will consider visiting again when your team returns on 27th January.

Maybe Dunfermline would like to put substance to the apology by knocking a fiver of the price for the next game.

Guest TPAFKATS

> review to be undertaken with security / stewards to improve co-ordination.

Thanks for the update.
In relation to DAFC changing from tickets at pod to pay at the gate to speed up entry at the time if the congestion - can I ask why the St. Mirren website was saying pay at the gate in the week and indeed hours leading up to the game?

26 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Dunfermline can ram it. No mention of catering issues and just hollow words treating fans like mugs again.

I got a bit of pie ! Oh aye when i got home after the game. See what age does to you , makes you forget but still lets you have fun. 

Good to see they have acknowledged the issues and that they have identified areas that they can improve upon for next time. 

Disappointed they hadn't anticipated them in advance but I don't think we could have expected anything more  at this stage. 

It also looks like the SLO's have stepped up and played exactly the sort of role that I would expect. 

Time to move on. 

I just don't like this buy a ticket at the booth thing , even at our ground. Queue in the pissing rain to buy a ticket from at best Two people taking cash and dispensing tickets (often less) then queue again to get in . Got to be a better way or at least provide some cover while queueing . 

Perhaps SMISA could spend the next lot of cash in providing a covered shelter to queue.:rolleyes:

This would serve two purposes, 1. It would keep us dry  & 2. It would probably tip the "community minded"  smisa haters over the edge !!

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Thanks for the update.
In relation to DAFC changing from tickets at pod to pay at the gate to speed up entry at the time if the congestion - can I ask why the St. Mirren website was saying pay at the gate in the week and indeed hours leading up to the game?

never asked tbh, although perhaps the terminology had intended to mean you could pay at the game on the day, i.e. not all ticket

the main focus was for acknowledgement of issues caused and corrective actions being implemented for the future.

Guest TPAFKATS
never asked tbh, although perhaps the terminology had intended to mean you could pay at the game on the day, i.e. not all ticket
the main focus was for acknowledgement of issues caused and corrective actions being implemented for the future.

Thanks again twm.
Our website telling fans that the game was PATG was the main reason for the problem, IMO. If fans knew they had to buy a ticket they would've turned up earlier, or bought one on arrival prior to heading for food and refreshments.