So Farewell then...Harry Dean Stanton

Eric Arthur Blair

2 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

It was on Friday he died aged 91.

Was in some truly tremendous films...Alien, Repo Man, Escape from New York, Paris Texas.

Recently appeared in the latest series of Twin Peaks.

My favourite performance was Cool Hand Luke.

Repo Man - I'll need to take more drugs if I'm ever going to work out what that was about. :wacko:

Was the original choice to play Frank Booth in Blue Velvet. :P

Hard working actor who roles varied from the pure cheese of Escape From New York to the genius that is The Godfather: Part 2.

For a guy who partied hard he made it to a good age! :guinness

RIP - Bud!

Trivia Question - What movie filmed in Glasgow did he appear in?

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS

Repo Man - I'll need to take more drugs if I'm ever going to work out what that was about. :wacko:
Was the original choice to play Frank Booth in Blue Velvet. [emoji14]
Hard working actor who roles varied from the pure cheese of Escape From New York to the genius that is The Godfather: Part 2.
For a guy who partied hard he made it to a good age! :guinness
RIP - Bud!
Trivia Question - What movie filmed in Glasgow did he appear in?

Was he in that zombie pish that was filmed around George Square?

15 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Cloud atlas

No

Directed by Bernard Tavernier in 1980 - Death Watch, here's a brief synopsis.

Media mogul Vincent Ferriman (Harry Dean Stanton) wants to create the most popular reality television show ever. He cajoles journalist Roddy (Harvey Keitel) into having cameras implanted in his eyes and sets him on the trail of terminally ill Katherine Mortenhoe (Romy Schneider), but this unwitting celebrity has other ideas.

Shot in Glasgow in 1979/80, Bertrand Tavernier s prescient cult sci-fi noir has been completely digitally restored and is ripe for rediscovery.

Extras include extended interviews, rarely seen production still shots and much more.

Startlingly innovative for 1980 - a cult classic for us sci-fi nerds. Some great shots of a vanished Glasgow for nostalgia buffs.

On 17 September 2017 at 9:25 PM, Bud the Baker said:

No

Directed by Bernard Tavernier in 1980 - Death Watch, here's a brief synopsis.

Startlingly innovative for 1980 - a cult classic for us sci-fi nerds. Some great shots of a vanished Glasgow for nostalgia buffs.

Harry was a great supporting actor in many a film. .

Deathwatch is a weird movie with top actors ( l think Max Von Sydow turns up briefly as well) and as you say , some good shots of Glasgow. .

l didn't know Harry was the first choice for the Frank Booth role but l do remember reading at the time that Hopper phoned David Lynch and asked for the role . When Lynch asked Hopper why he wanted the role , Hopper replied "l am Frank ! " . .:huh:

Lots of Glesca screengrabs from the 1980 Deathwatch in this link.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/urbanglasgow/1980-film-set-in-glasgow-death-watch-t2020.html

And out of sheer curiosity and respect for the cast, I've ordered it off Amazon on blu-ray for a respectable £13. They also have a dvd going for around £9 ish.