St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 29/12/17

shull

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 7:44 PM, Al Bundy said:

That'll do wonders for the size of the away support...

United have reportedly sold all but 20 tickets for what will be a shoot out at the OK corral. ..better known as St Mirren Park or the Paisley 2021 Stadium.  Win or draw and Saint's will remain at the top of the league. A match not to be missed I would say.

Seen on P&B that united have sold all of their 600 allocated tickets, with a further 1000 available on the night.

With 600 sold so far, would hope to see around the 850-1000 mark which coupled with the money from TV, might not be too bad!
Certainly hope so [emoji106]

41 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

United have reportedly sold all but 20 tickets for what will be a shoot out at the OK corral. ..better known as St Mirren Park or the Paisley 2021 Stadium.  Win or draw and Saint's will remain at the top of the league. A match not to be missed I would say.

They've sold all but 20 of the 600 allocation,not of the whole allocation.

This will be a massive game for St Mirren FC.

Has the makings of being a belter of a game. Can't wait for it.

I really hope we turn up and do ourselves justice. We are a good side on our day and I hope we show the watching public just how good we can be.

Morgan MOM. :-)

Just a thought but over 4,500 for an off the boil Dunfermline side at home to rock bottom side Brechin today. Will be surprised if there are over 4,500 on Friday night.

I think we might get a result the way we are playing.

Well we scudded them 3-0 the last time at home without too much bother...
They have improved considerably since then and our performances have, if anything, dipped.

Remember the huge crunch match at Love Street v Dunfermline?

Your team needs you. Bring a friend.

Thousands of us turned up. The team didn't.

More recently the cup final at Fir Park.

Over recent years, with a couple of memorable exceptions, we have tripped up almost every time there has been a crunch match.

That said, this team is gaining a real mental strength and ability to dig in.

If we avoid defeat and remain top, it will be our biggest achievement of the season by far.

Over recent years, with a couple of memorable exceptions, we have tripped up almost every time there has been a crunch match.

Not this team mate. Outside of the Cup Final v Utd last year I can hardly think of a big game where we didn’t deliver the goods.

We had numerous must win games last year and got results in them all and even where we didn’t (Tannadice 2-3) we played well. There’s a different mentality with this bunch of players and I expect us to send a real message to Utd on Friday.

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

They have improved considerably since then and our performances have, if anything, dipped.

Remember the huge crunch match at Love Street v Dunfermline?

Your team needs you. Bring a friend.

Thousands of us turned up. The team didn't.

More recently the cup final at Fir Park.

That said, this team is gaining a real mental strength and ability to dig in.

If we avoid defeat and remain top, it will be our biggest achievement of the season by far.

You are being a little unfair here and apparently forgetting almost the entire second half of last season. 

Since we lost the game at Dunfermline 3-0 we have lost just two league games and won almost all others.

I think we are doing pretty well and should be confident of getting a good result against Utd next week.

You are being a little unfair here and apparently forgetting almost the entire second half of last season. 
Since we lost the game at Dunfermline 3-0 we have lost just two league games and won almost all others.
I think we are doing pretty well and should be confident of getting a good result against Utd next week.
I don't think I am being unfair at all... Just cautious.

I am delighted at the progress under Jack and he has certainly changed the team mentality in general... ...

but we have still suffered the odd Raith away or Morton away when expectations were high and fans, self included, were (over?)confident of a win.

Had we won that game at Kirkcaldy when the pressure was really on, we would have been safe from the play offs with several games to go.

Credit to the players for showing 'bouncebackability' but it serves as a reminder (to me anyway) that we have no room for complacency.

9 hours ago, DWBud said:

Seen on P&B that united have sold all of their 600 allocated tickets, with a further 1000 available on the night.

With 600 sold so far, would hope to see around the 850-1000 mark which coupled with the money from TV, might not be too bad!

Ah is that it?  I thought they were 20 tickets short of selling out the entire stand!  Pretty poor if they don't bring at least 1500 for a club of their size.

I do understand it is on TV but a top of the table clash in the middle of the festive season should be getting a big crowd.

Lets get the message out to all Buddies seeing their family over the next few days - get a few of them along with you on Friday night.

Mind you if it was my family I'd be glad to see the f**king back of them by Boxing Day.

"If you can tolerate the bastards: bring them along on Friday, the team needs you"

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

I don't think I am being unfair at all... Just cautious.

I am delighted at the progress under Jack and he has certainly changed the team mentality in general... ...

but we have still suffered the odd Raith away or Morton away when expectations were high and fans, self included, were (over?)confident of a win.

Had we won that game at Kirkcaldy when the pressure was really on, we would have been safe from the play offs with several games to go.

Credit to the players for showing 'bouncebackability' but it serves as a reminder (to me anyway) that we have no room for complacency.

Morton away we probably got overconfident, that wasn't a "crunch match" scenario.  The result that day was very fortunate for Morton with the penalties and red card.

Dunfermline away was one of these examples where it seems the occasion got too much.  Huge travelling support and the team just didn't show up.

Dundee United at home they certainly underestimated us.  Had no game plan for Lewis Morgan and he ran amock.  They won't be making that mistake again.

I would expect in terms of character and mindset we will be fine on Friday night.  I worry about us defensively though, its a shame this comes before the transfer window as a defensive midfielder is a must.  United won't want to come and play for a draw though, this should hopefully allow space for Smith and Reilly and see us through with the "if they score 3, we'll score 4 approach"

ETA; I am sure United would be happy with a point, but they still have that "big club mentality" and their fans wouldn't put up with 11 men being put behind the ball for long spells.  This is their weakness and hopefully something we can exploit.  I am more confident about playing teams like that than Dumbarton or Brechin at home!

Edited by Kemp

We will need to be at our very best to win this game Dundee United are now a completely different team under the new manager. The game has the making of a classic thank God it's on BT as I can't get over for this one have a few local lads coming to my pad for beers and curry to watch the game. COYS !

Ah is that it?  I thought they were 20 tickets short of selling out the entire stand!  Pretty poor if they don't bring at least 1500 for a club of their size.
I do understand it is on TV but a top of the table clash in the middle of the festive season should be getting a big crowd.
Lets get the message out to all Buddies seeing their family over the next few days - get a few of them along with you on Friday night.
Mind you if it was my family I'd be glad to see the f**king back of them by Boxing Day.
"If you can tolerate the bastards: bring them along on Friday, the team needs you"

Yeah I seen someone else mention it was 20 shy of the allocation, unfortunately that’s not the case.

You can bring them along, no one said you had to sit next to them!

I reckon they will bring a decent support, they’ve been on a good run of form and will fancy their chances to leapfrog us. Fingers crossed Jack and James make sure there’s not a dry eye heading back to Dundee that night.

25 minutes ago, elvis said:

United fans are very confident with predictions of 3 and 4 - 0 and doing a Hibs and running away with the league. 

It's a bizarre concept called faith Elvis. You stick to your tried and tested though, it seems to be working for us.

As for the game I'm in Fuerteventura so will be trying Buddievision for the first time. Fingers crossed it all works out well.

Big decision for the manager to pick 2 from MacKenzie, Baird or Davies. for Friday night [emoji33]  Glad it not me having to make the choice since all deserved to be in the team.
Glad it is Jack's decision.
Personally, I'd start with Davis and Baird for this one.

Mac needs game time and will be a first pick once fully fit but Davis is currently ahead of him in match fitness and we will need to be at our best on Friday night.