St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 29/12/17

shull

For those who haven’t seen it so far -

For those who can’t be bothered to watch it (even though I would recommend), Utd left back Jamie Robson apparently drinking a venom (cocktail) while driving. Literally drinking it and driving. He put it on his snapchat story and his ex GF posted it on her Twitter.

Hopefully this causes a bit of unsettlement in their squad come Friday. And hopefully he receives some form of punishment!
The number of Arabs turning on the girl and saying "prove it wasn't limeade" is disgusting.

Whether or not it was alcohol, he was guilty of careless/dangerous driving and being an ars3hole at the very least.

There are also unsubstantiated allegations of violence from the girl in question against the person in the video.

Bit nasty all round methinks.

Quick question that I can't find the answer to on main site 

does anyone know what time the ticket office will be open at the stadium on Friday?

il be arriving from Warrington around 2pm and I thought before checking into my Glasgow based premier inn I'd drive down to Paisley and pick up my tickets for the match

There are two reasons I can't order them online for this fixture

1 I don't know how many il need to Friday based upon which of my travelling party choose to attend the match 

2 As it is my first fixture of the season id like to get to the ground in daylight and see and get my picture beside the founding members boards!

any help /info would be appreciated 

Massive game on Friday. United have thrown plenty of money at their squad this year in a bid to get back up so it would be a massive dent to their confidence if we could win this. Think there could be a few goals so going for a 3-2 win for the Buds.

Just think where we were this time last year - it’s been a massive turnaround and this team deserves our backing so if you can manage then get yourself down there on Friday night and get behind the team.

COYS !!!!

9 minutes ago, Dare said:

Massive game on Friday. United have thrown plenty of money at their squad this year in a bid to get back up so it would be a massive dent to their confidence if we could win this. Think there could be a few goals so going for a 3-2 win for the Buds.

Just think where we were this time last year - it’s been a massive turnaround and this team deserves our backing so if you can manage then get yourself down there on Friday night and get behind the team.

COYS !!!!

Have they? 

Plenty of "free transfers", not a lot of transfer fees.

In fact only one player with a "unknown" value (Piggott, Rochdale) , although the market value of the players is considerable. 

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Bud said:

Quick question that I can't find the answer to on main site 

does anyone know what time the ticket office will be open at the stadium on Friday?

il be arriving from Warrington around 2pm and I thought before checking into my Glasgow based premier inn I'd drive down to Paisley and pick up my tickets for the match

There are two reasons I can't order them online for this fixture

1 I don't know how many il need to Friday based upon which of my travelling party choose to attend the match 

2 As it is my first fixture of the season id like to get to the ground in daylight and see and get my picture beside the founding members boards!

any help /info would be appreciated 

At the bottom of this page https://www.stmirren.com/match/first-team/next-match

it says it’s open 10am til 2pm then 5pm til kickoff. It’s not the easiest layout to navigate through IMO.

17 hours ago, DWBud said:

For those who haven’t seen it so far -

For those who can’t be bothered to watch it (even though I would recommend), Utd left back Jamie Robson apparently drinking a venom (cocktail) while driving. Literally drinking it and driving. He put it on his snapchat story and his ex GF posted it on her Twitter.

Hopefully this causes a bit of unsettlement in their squad come Friday. And hopefully he receives some form of punishment!

Ooof that accent 

By a Dundee United Fan on Pie and Bovril. I like it. Brings humour to the game. Might also motivate us however! 

"Young Saint's Fan asks Santa for a Unicorn for Christmas. Santa replies that this is too difficult and asks if he has another request.  The young saints fan thinks and then asks that St Mirren win the Championship. Santa looks at him for a moment and then says....what colour would you like your unicorn to be." 

COYS

Edited by St.Ricky

Have they? 
In fact only one player with a "unknown" value (Piggott, Rochdale) , although the market value of the players is considerable. 

I reckon it is more about wages than transfer fees.

Every other club in the Championship seems to think WE are big spenders who bought our way out of trouble last season! Far from it.

I would imagine that the likes of Scott McDonald will be on a wage far on excess of any of our first team starters.

17 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I reckon it is more about wages than transfer fees.

Every other club in the Championship seems to think WE are big spenders who bought our way out of trouble last season! Far from it.

I would imagine that the likes of Scott McDonald will be on a wage far on excess of any of our first team starters.

I would agree but that's what the post I replied to was insinuating, IMO. 

Edited by faraway saint

44 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

Arabs over on P&B are supremely confident, some having the attitude that the league is in the bag. No idea where it comes from, they've looked exceedingly average anytime I've seen them, even when they've beaten us.

Unbeaten in their last 7 games even opposing fans have been complimenting their style of play under the new manager. We will need to be at our very best if we are to take anything from the game. 

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Have they? 

Wasn’t thinking transfer fees more around size of their squad and their wage bill given what they must be paying likes of McDonald 

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, Swiss_Saint said:

Is there a trick to using the website to buy tickets? Have tried with google and IE get to the buy tickets, select the game and then when it should show the seats I get nothing?

Any ideas? Never had a problem in the past

SS

Have had that issue in the past. It's a pain. Emailed the club, they said it's related to flash player and recommended using Firefox. I ended up using a PC at my work. 

I think regardless of what the score is on Friday night that what the bulk of this group of players went through and character they showed from February until May will stand us in great stead in the second of this season.

It will be our toughest test at home by some distance this season but if we perform to our best then we have a terrific chance of getting something from the game.

I just hope we do ourselves justice given the game is being shown live at St Mirren Park.

United have been on a bit of a downer for a few years now so let's how that continues on Friday and they implode in the coming months because it really does look like its between united and us for top spot.

Making the trip for this game. I agree that there is much more character and fight in our team now. This has seen us win games after going behind (to Livi and Queens) which wouldn't have happened in previous times. However, United seem to have the new manager bounce since Laszlo's appointment and have greater resources than we do, so the game will be a real test for us. While a win would be fantastic, at this point in the season a draw would be acceptable and would keep us well ahead of the pack. I think that would confirm that the league is going to be between us and United.

As for players, I've said before that we really need a hard-tackling midfielder in January. That would be my priority, before another striker or defender. Hope Jack agrees and can find the new Jim Goodwin for us.

Meantime, Friday night could be a great game, so......COYS!!

I missed the QOS game because of work commitments but I'm all set for Friday.  United are on a bit of a run and Lazlo seems to have got them going. I thought we were awesome when we beat them 3-0 at Greenhill Road but we were definitely second best at Tannadice when they beat us 2-1. It will be an interesting game and a  big test for us as well as a massive confidence booster for the team that takes the spoils. Our campaign certainly won't be over if we lose and winning this game alone won't win us the league but it seems a little more of a must win game than usual.

To keep Singing  "We're top of the league and your no "  requires winning every week and I love it, so COYS give us another win and send the Arabs back to Dundee on a long miserable bus journey with no points.

Looking forward to 3 points and a great Friday night oot.