St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 29/12/17

shull

21 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

:D:D:D NOTHING TO CELEBRATE!!!:D:D:D  Only on this forum!!! And if you win the lottery this week I'm sure you'll be on here saying how terrible it is because the big jackpot was won last week!! Have a very happy New Year Wilbur :lol:

If I win the lottery this week, I won't be on here.

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

FT 2-0

Poor game won by Lewis Morgan.

His first was the typical ‘ f**k this I’m going myself ‘ goal. Had enough of passing to his team mates, greedied it superbly and stuck it in the corner of the net.

His second was more of the same. Not the first time he’s won games by himself this season, as United fans will tell you.

They were just as poor as the last time they got a doing in Paisley. Back in August it was 3-0, with another double from Lewis Morgan.

If they’re the second best team in this league then I guess we’re the best. If we keep Morgan on loan in January, as seems to be the ITK consensus, we’ll likely win the league. Why the devil not if shite like that are our biggest challengers.

Special mention again to the ginger ninja. That penalty goes in it’s a whole different ball game.

Being the professional he is, am sure that wasn't on his mind.   

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

PS Our home record is outstanding, 25 points from a possible 30, aye, our ground is shite and will never be Love Street..................but it can be the place of new dreams and expectations. 

Could do with a new name right enough. :lol:

Why.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Excellent 3 points and a huge slap in the baws for Dundee United.

Thanks to Sammy for keeping us level at half-time.

But actually I thought we had a mediocre first half and Dundee United helped us massively by being utterly woeful in the second half.

Nothing to celebrate really.

Mullen failed to impress and hopefully Reilly will be back very soon.

Hamilton, Dundee, Ross County and Partick Thistle will be feeling a lot more secure tonight.

A lot of work required to transform this squad into a top league side.

Mullen hasn't played a full game for at least 3 months. I thought he ran after everything, and in the second half was very good indeed. He tracked backed and tackled very well. Cut the lad some slack, FFS.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Mullen hasn't played a full game for at least 3 months. I thought he ran after everything, and in the second half was very good indeed. He tracked backed and tackled very well. Cut the lad some slack, FFS.

He does need some game time. 

27 minutes ago, Drew said:

NO ...its not like Mullen hasnt had pre-season training...he has to Bulk out "mega" or forget a career in modern football...Harsh? ...life has to be

My mate text after Morgan's first goal to say that he loves Jack Ross's tactics 'Just give the ball to Morgan". It does seem to work.

A special mention for Stelios who I also thought had a great tidy and effective game keeping McMullen and co fairly quiet. He grafted away well and gave a controlled defensive performance. He didn't offer too much going forward but I think he was obviously told to keep things tight at the back.

6 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

You absolute dancer!!!!!Was on a night out that I couldn't get out of and was getting abuse from everyone for being antisocial and constantly checking my phone for the score. Couldn't handle it, got over excited when the final score came through, so taxi straight home. Recorded game now on and the teams are walking out the tunnel now. I'm going to enjoy this!!!!!!!
What a massive result tonight. Massive!!! COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar story - bought tickets to see The Red Hot Chilli Pipers (admittedly after the change had been announced :bag) missed the game and the scoreline was the first thing I checked when I got home. Great result - respect to everyone who made it on what must have been a chilly night! :notworthy

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Excellent 3 points and a huge slap in the baws for Dundee United.

Thanks to Sammy for keeping us level at half-time.

But actually I thought we had a mediocre first half and Dundee United helped us massively by being utterly woeful in the second half.

Nothing to celebrate really.

Mullen failed to impress and hopefully Reilly will be back very soon.

Hamilton, Dundee, Ross County and Partick Thistle will be feeling a lot more secure tonight.

A lot of work required to transform this squad into a top league side.

We are 5 points clear at the top of the league and already miles ahead of the points total we ended up with in May.

We are winning pretty much every week home and away.

Last night we beat the most expensively constructed team in the league without our top scorer.

But you reckon we have nothing to celebrate? :lol: