St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 29/12/17

shull

Great to see old buds, exchanging a bit of banter. nothing like peado, wanker and fanny insults to get things going.

Anyway. What a game. What a night, what a weekend and feck hogmanay  hasn't even started yet. Big Sammy must get accolade for that save. United were all over us like a rash and that stop definitely saved the day.  Thought we were much better in the second half and with Smith pushing up more we looked better. Lewis Morgan is sublime and the rest is history. What a crowd, The queues at the Bull were four deep after the game and buds still kept coming in. Back to NB Saturday and all that Old Firm pulava meant another afternoon of football related frolics had to be endured.  With Hogmanay, ne'erday, greenock and  then inverness on saturday its going to be hard week. let's hope the Super Saints have an easier time.

So happy new year to all the puddin pullers and female appendages out there. See you on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, thomsons dropped it said:

I agree with you both in your posts but I have to say I know Elvis and can confirm he is a Saints fan ,but he does not show it the same as most others on the Forum. There is one guy on the Forum I read and almost every post he puts up I think not again..........

I still read his stuff, nobody gets to me that much on here, but you always have the option of the ignore function.

No Saints fan laughs when we go behind

I understand always see the negative side as the kick in the stones is never far away

But no one laughs at their team going behind

3 minutes ago, bud84 said:

Scott Fraser been ruled out for 3 months after going off injured the other night,  just as big a loss for United as Fyvie will be.  Can only be good news for us buddies.

It is good news for us.

However, United are fast running out of time to get back into the top league with their current infra structure.

I think they'll throw everything they have (and possibly that they don't have!) into strengthening their squad.

Scott Fraser been ruled out for 3 months after going off injured the other night,  just as big a loss for United as Fyvie will be.  Can only be good news for us buddies.

That’s a massive blow for Utd coupled with the fact Fyvie is missing the rest of the season. Big fan of Scott Fraser, would be playing at a higher level if he wasn’t blighted by injury.

Talking to a Dundee Utd fan who reckons the biscuit tin will remain firmly shut in January and Thompson Jr is just trying to recoup his inheritance money that Thompson Sr invested in the club.

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

We won’t see the same sort of churn as last year. I don’t expect to see too many changes. Depends if we can move on Sutton and Duffy. I have a feeling that big John will want to see out his time with another winners medal. Who could blame him.

Agree entirely.

There will be limited movement, but it will be important to get it right. Jack has excellent form in what is typically a very tough window to do effective business in.

For me, the window is far more critical for United than for Saints. That is a good place to be.

• 1 month later...