St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 29/12/17

shull

The away support would be a lot less  if it was on BBC Alba.
If United are up competing at the Top , which I doubt . they will bring a decent crowd.

They were competing last season and brought next to nobody. They took f**k all to the irn bru final too. The majority of Dundee (both clubs) fans go to see whichever club is at home.

7 hours ago, Hambud said:

They were competing last season and brought next to nobody. They took f**k all to the irn bru final too. The majority of Dundee (both clubs) fans go to see whichever club is at home.

The majority of Dundee , like the majority of Paisley  support Celtic & Sevco.

No chance lots of United fans are going to pay 20 quid to attend a Dundee match at Dens Park and vice versa.

This would happen over 40 years ago when admission prices were pennies.

7 hours ago, Hambud said:

Wow, as the attendance was over 8,000 we, despite many saying this competition is a waste of space, really turned out for this cup final. :rolleyes:

I'm happy with this for selfish reasons.

I don't like taking the wee man through Glasgow on an Old Firm day - and that is now avoided. Also, it may mean that a lot of numpties and troublemakers will be keeping their powder dry for Saturday so things may be a wee bit quieter than normal on the Friday.

Also - my brother has switched my dad's broadband to BT  (including BT Sport) so he will be able to see his first Saints game with English commentary since the 2013 Cup Final!

Hopefully the crowd isn't hit too bad and the compensation from BT is a bit higher than that from BBC Alba.

2 hours ago, southsidebud said:

I'm happy with this for selfish reasons.

I don't like taking the wee man through Glasgow on an Old Firm day - and that is now avoided. Also, it may mean that a lot of numpties and troublemakers will be keeping their powder dry for Saturday so things may be a wee bit quieter than normal on the Friday.

Also - my brother has switched my dad's broadband to BT  (including BT Sport) so he will be able to see his first Saints game with English commentary since the 2013 Cup Final!

Hopefully the crowd isn't hit too bad and the compensation from BT is a bit higher than that from BBC Alba.

How does money from BT Sports goes with us in the lower league ? Do we get cash from them or do all the lower league teams get a share ? 

• 1 month later...

Booked three hotel rooms in Paisley for this one. (Not all for me) Feck between this and staying over for the Morton Game on the 2nd Jan  I can almost count myself as a Paisley resident that week. Either that or claim I'm on my holidays.  Feck imagine going to Feegie for your holidays.  Whit's the world coming to.

Booked three hotel rooms in Paisley for this one. (Not all for me) Feck between this and staying over for the Morton Game on the 2nd Jan  I can almost count myself as a Paisley resident that week. Either that or claim I'm on my holidays.  Feck imagine going to Feegie for your holidays.  Whit's the world coming to.

Or, Imagine not knowing they moved this fixture? :P

• 5 weeks later...
On 18 September 2017 at 8:46 AM, shull said:

I'm closing the shop for three weeks from 30th Dec for three weeks so checking what games I can attend unfortunately just missing this game but absolutely delighted it's on TV.